• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Look what DragonMaster noticed...

Razyel

Soul Reaver
What is original and what isn't is quite subjectional because for example LotR was published in the fifties so we don't really know whether there were any major influences to it except a few things: Tolkien was a doing research of Finnish language and the two elven languages are result of that, f.ex. I can recognize many familiar words though they are usually used to describe something entirely different, Gandalf is also a rip-off from Kalevala's ( = The Finnish mytology ) main protagonist Väinämöinen, who sang magical spells...
Vainamoinen.jpg

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well I just found out Tara Strong was a voice actor in Lollipop Chainsaw.

But that doesn't make the game any better, even though MLP:FIM is the best show ever

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
What is original and what isn't is quite subjectional because for example LotR was published in the fifties so we don't really know whether there were any major influences to it except a few things: Tolkien was a doing research of Finnish language and the two elven languages are result of that, f.ex. I can recognize many familiar words though they are usually used to describe something entirely different, Gandalf is also a rip-off from Kalevala's ( = The Finnish mytology ) main protagonist Väinämöinen, who sang magical spells...
Vainamoinen.jpg

well say what you want but i am legend was 100% original and inspired.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
well say what you want but i am legend was 100% original and inspired.

I didn't even mention it, and the point was that you can say that pretty much everything is a rip-off, if you want to see it that way :D
Still I think that LotR is much better than Kalevala, and the story is unique, it's the elements of fantasy that are borrowed...

So in the end you were right ^_^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I just found out Tara Strong was a voice actor in Lollipop Chainsaw.

But that doesn't make the game any better, even though MLP:FIM is the best show ever

She's done a lot of other things as well. plus Nick was played by micheal rosenbaum who was the flash and lex luthor.

off topic- its hard to be original as you dont get inspiration in a vacuum, you are constantly taking in ideas from whatever you see or hear. Thats why writers dont read fanworks.

on topic- I think this is a bit of a stretch as lollipop feels more like a parody of Buffy than DMC. I think NMH and Shadow of the damned feel more like DMC than this game.

crush

No....It's possibly less than 15 dollars here in Japan.
I can't DARE to purchase it lol.

crush

Then how can you tell it's original ? :troll:

The magic of youtube and playstation network will gain me access to know how good is the game even before I buy it!
Yes it's quite bad even in the demo version.
But as I said the trailers were quite funny and original.( Involves the main character jumping to his death in shoddy armor and getting back in time with harsh comments from his companion)

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

everything is dumb about it....youtube sometimes make bad games look awesome so its not new :) u have to play it to know it :) and dont :D here its 3$ a game...when i bought it i played it like 30 min tossed it away 3 months later i thought i finished it cuz i dont like a game sitting there and unfinished....so i finished it just to know that it has no ending the story is crap and almost all the combat is from DMC.....bottom line is i brock it in 4 pieces and tossed it from the window......:D

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Well there are good copies... and bad copies... :)

what i like most in games. is when they take a tired old concept and make a brand new thing . its one of the main reasons why DMC3 is my fav of the 4. they took literally the oldest tale in the book (two brothers fighting over inheritence and power) and made it completely their own thing.

Top Bottom