• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Listening to fans

BayoxDante

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I would hope Dante has better taste in women if he doesn't have the incest fetish I think he has. Bayonetta is just very weird looking at you just must have very low standards dude because I honestly don't think it would be much of a challenge or accomplishment to bed Bayonetta. Wouldn't be something to be particularly proud of.

Dante and Spawn would make for a sweet team and I can see the two fighting then become partners. Plus, I would rather a female who can actually compliment Dante instead of being some easy c0ck gobbling $lut who would serve no real purpose other than being eye candy.
*Rubs forehead* Just carry on peeps, I see what he's trying to do now. Always causing a ruckus it seems -_-

IncarnatedDemon

I would hope Dante has better taste in women if he doesn't have the incest fetish I think he has. Bayonetta is just very weird looking at you just must have very low standards dude because I honestly don't think it would be much of a challenge or accomplishment to bed Bayonetta. Wouldn't be something to be particularly proud of.

Dante and Spawn would make for a sweet team and I can see the two fighting then become partners. Plus, I would rather a female who can actually compliment Dante instead of being some easy c0ck gobbling $lut who would serve no real purpose other than being eye candy.
If you want a serious love story, DmC Dante and his story is for you. BayoxDante isn't a serious love story. It is a game about Dante meeting Bayonetta. It's about the sexual tension that would arise between the two. And other stuff.

Gorbashou

I wouldn't want it. But I wouldn't really be bothered if it came out since others want it.

It's hard to make crossover games feel genuine.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If you want a serious love story, DmC Dante and his story is for you. BayoxDante isn't a serious love story. It is a game about Dante meeting Bayonetta. It's about the sexual tension that would arise between the two. And other stuff.
Sexual tension? So, is this one of your erotic crossover fanfics? I would imagine Dante to be so desperate he'd actually get a rise out of Bayonetta. I can think of a couple of females who might be better suited to team up with our demon slaying hero
Elektra-marvel-comics-14715272-522-792.jpg

women%20katana%20blade%20artwork%20blood%20the%20last%20vampire%201920x1200%20wallpaper_www.animemay.com_80.jpg

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I wouldn't want it. But I wouldn't really be bothered if it came out since others want it.

I see what you mean. Some crossovers do feel sorta odd.

But then again, if people can make freakin Kingdom Hearts work anythings possible with a little creativity. That's just me though.

IncarnatedDemon

That is true, but you have to realize crossovers are meant for fun. SFxTekken had no **** storywise in common - but it still happened? Why : Both of em are known fight games and fans wanted to see the two universes characters against eachothers.

I am not a huge Tekken fan, the first and last game i bought was Tekken 3. But i like Tekken, and i LOVE this particular cutscene from SFxTekken:

+ i pointed out Bayo and DMC universe can easily be connected if well done.
In DMC there are portals to a demon world. It wouldnt be far fetched to assume that Bayo world is in another dimension. And considering witches use magic : they can travel across dimensions.
And also witches in Bayo can summon demons.

Imagine if Bayonetta tries to summon a demon, and her spell doesn't summon a traditional Bayo demon, but instead summons Dante.

+ the references i pointed out in beginning of the topic.

IF I worked for Capcom/PG in shaping story of BayoxDante:
I would do following:
- Make a decent plot that connects Bayo world to DMC world - a really decent plot.
- Shed more light on Dante's mother Eva (the witch? Bayo reference says so).
- LOTS OF Dante and Bayo hillarious scenes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I really think the Devil May Cry and Spawn crossover would work. They are actually pretty similar yet also so different. I can see a kickass fight going down between the two and then they would have to set aside their differences to see they're on the same side. They still probably won't be able to tolerate each other but I can see Spawn calling out Dante on his cheesy bs and then being also this badass demon slaying team.
Spawn_Vector_Fanart_by_smashmethod.jpg

Make it happen game people. F*ck, call it DevilSpawn or something I don't know but let's see Dante go up against him. By the way, I think Spawn would win if they fought but Dante could put up a close fight.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That is true, but you have to realize crossovers are meant for fun. SFxTekken had no **** storywise in common - but it still happened? Why : Both of em are known fight games and fans wanted to see the two universes characters against eachothers.

I am not a huge Tekken fan, the first and last game i bought was Tekken 3. But i like Tekken, and i LOVE this particular cutscene from SFxTekken:

+ i pointed out Bayo and DMC universe can easily be connected if well done.
In DMC there are portals to a demon world. It wouldnt be far fetched to assume that Bayo world is in another dimension. And considering witches use magic : they can travel across dimensions.
And also witches in Bayo can summon demons.

Imagine if Bayonetta tries to summon a demon, and her spell doesn't summon a traditional Bayo demon, but instead summons Dante.

+ the references i pointed out in beginning of the topic.

IF I worked for Capcom/PG in shaping story of BayoxDante:
I would do following:
- Make a decent plot that connects Bayo world to DMC world - a really decent plot.
- Shed more light on Dante's mother Eva (the witch? Bayo reference says so).
- LOTS OF Dante and Bayo hillarious scenes.
This right here was actually pretty cool. Reuben Langdon plays Ken in it. Drew Combs will always be Dante and Reuben to me will always be Ken.

Gorbashou

Yeah sure, dimension jumping is so torn. It would be so much more awesome if it was the same world to begin with, and they have stories that intertvine, not just "hey this is your world?" or "what is this dimension we are in?".
Yeah I know it can feel genuine and that it's mostly for fan service and such.
I still love Dissidia: Final Fantasy although it's storyline is pretty much the most awful ever and that they've put up the dumbest of reasons for the characters to exist in that plane.

Maybe it's just me thinking that Dante belongs where he belongs and Bayonetta belongs where she belongs. I mean, they are both cewl characters, but I somehow feel that it's incompatible. Like, I wouldn't hate it, I wouldn't love it, it just feels odd and a little out of place, if you know what I mean.

I see what you mean. Some crossovers do feel sorta odd.

But then again, if people can make freakin Kingdom Hearts work anythings possible with a little creativity. That's just me though.

I hate Kingdom Hearts. ^^

IncarnatedDemon

What are you afraid or worried that a BayoxDante game would do wrong or not do right? Please tell me in detail so i can adress these issues or worries you may have.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Bayonetta would honestly bring nothing to the DMC universe.

Dante and Spawn however, this is the possible set up:

The Violator morphs himself to look like someone Dante knows (Trish, Lady, etc.) and gives Dante the job of hunting down Spawn who he believes is some demon who may have ties with his past. Dante accepts the job and there we have a set up for Dante and Spawn to face off. The overall plot could lead up to Dante and Spawn realizing the Violator was manipulating them in a scheme to possibly bring Sparda back from the dead and take his body. The Violator is a known necromancer and has the ability of possession. Now of course the plot can go deeper than that but that's just the gist of it because I literally just thought of it off the top of my head as I was typing.

Dante and Spawn=Win. There's so much more potential with these two teaming up when we consider the worlds they come from. It can make for one badass crossover.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't see Spawn working at all, the enemies would be to much of the same.
I can see Bayonetta & the original Dante easily.
Both pretty much the same type of characters but different sides of the coin.
Bayonetta angel killer & Dante a demon killer.
They'd spend all freaking day trying to out do each other in style LOL.
It would be like Goku & Luffy teaming up, who'd out eat who.
Bayonetta & the original Dante OMG that'll be absolutely awesome.
Bayonetta/Dante special attack style combination........WOW!
Bayonetta is ugly and unlikable.

Dante VS. Spawn sounds beast and I think I gave a decent set up to their confrontation. They are both demon hunters with demonic powers so it would make an interesting combination to see these 2 fight it out and maybe eventually team up. It would make for one cool animated feature or comic book.

If I'd ever want to see Dante team up with a female it wouldn't be some ugly $lut like Bayonetta. I would lean towards maybe Dante joining forces with someone like Saya from the blood series or possibly Elektra from Marvel comics. These are women who are strong and have strong personalities and I think Dante would also respect these women as well as maybe hit on them. They would compliment each other better.

You can tell Bayonetta's only inspiration for her design was that she was the developers wet dream and nothing more. Playing Bayonetta is like walking in on someone humping their japanese love pillow. And Bayonetta still just looks weird. She's not attractive.

Dante VS. Spawn=badass and seems like the better crossover. It can make for a cool animated movie, mini-series, or something.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
LMAO! Sounds like jealousy to me.
Sorry to tell ya but Bayonetta has many fans, both guy & girl.
Bayonetta has had only one game at present & already tons of gamers would love to see Bayonetta vs Dante.
And besides most of the gaming world don't know or care who Spawn is, let alone want him to co-op with Dante.
Spawn/Dante the game wouldn't sell any better because there wouldn't be nothing really special about it...........Spawn, Spawn who?

7ebb40ca04990a28b64fd1c859c1cfba.jpg

Bayonetta vs Dante would be like Jet-Li vs Jackie Chan, Hulk vs Doomsday, Goku vs Superman, Rurouni Kenshin vs Afro Samura, Sesshomaru vs Sephiroth, BloodRayne vs Kain.
In other words sit back take no calls, take the day off & pay attention because that battle will be EPIC! lol.
What exactly am I jealous off? I don't find some weird looking $lut who's a walking fetish with abnormally long legs attractive ok? But try finding more people who even know who Bayonetta or even Dante is compared to a comic book icon who's been around longer than both of them.

And you threw in Hulk, Superman, and even Goku names out there? They have more legendary status than Dante and that's just a fact. There's a reason why those comic book heroes have been around for a really really long time and are still popular today. I promise you Dante or Bayonetta is hardly on any radar. They are NOT even remotely close to the iconic status a lot of those people you named hold.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I should've said hatin lol.
From what you replied with sounds like you're hatin that Bayonetta is as recognisable & would be the 1st female chosen to fight or co-op with Dante any day.
Yup i said Hulk because all those names i listed are brought up more & is more recognisable by many gamers then Spawn.
I like Spawn too but he isn't very well known in the gaming world.
LOL.
Uhm Capcom just dropped a DevilMayCry Reboot in february, so the name Dante has been brought up many many times.
Bayonetta 2 is a Wii-U exclusive, & Anarchy Reigns Bayonetta is a DLC.
So i think neither is off gamers radar at the moment lol.
You compared Dante and Bayonetta to that of the Hulk and Superman. They aren't as remotely popular as you think they are compared to those big names. That's what I was talking about. I think a lot of people would want a kickass Spawn video game but he's just never gotten the one he deserves. Bayonetta is not a gaming icon. When we're talking about female gaming icons Lara Croft is one of the biggest female names in gaming. Dante is not even as popular as he used to be.Partially the reason why a reboot came to mind.

Honestly, I don't know of anyone who wanted Bayonetta 2 and especially since they are putting that thing on the WiiU, it sounds like they are putting it on a system for an audience that isn't there. Do they think it's going to be some killer app for it? Bayonetta is not well known or popular enough even to think that the name brand will sell it or something. She's only had one game and it wasn't even that popular.

And I wasn't hatin as you put it but being honest. Bayonetta is an ugly character. She's suppose to be some attractive lead but she has this weird ice cream cone hairdo and her legs are so abnormally long it's almost like it they needed a giraffe to do motion capture for her. She looks weird and also her hyper-$lut personality doesn't add to the attractiveness and just makes her unlikable. I just chalk Bayonetta up as the developer's wet dream in video game form. Nothing more, nothing less.

The game she comes from is ok but, Bayonetta herself is just f*cking stupid. I would much rather see Dante and Spawn beat the living sh!t out of each other than some weird looking bimbo hopping across the screen. The whole idea sounds like a terrible erotic fan fiction written by some anime fan girl. You can go jerk off to Bayonetta all you want I don't care but, she's just awful to me.

Gorbashou

What are you afraid or worried that a BayoxDante game would do wrong or not do right? Please tell me in detail so i can adress these issues or worries you may have.

The case of Kingdom Hearts, I guess. All I can see in Dante and Bayonetta interacting is an infinite amount of joke scenes that would be awesome. But the thing is, it makes the jokes bad if used too much. It's that combined with the cheesy plot (it will be cheesy if it's a crossover, no crossover I know of hasn't been) so the highpoints will mostly be these joke scenes.

Kingdom Hearts is overly filled with comic relief characters. The only (yes, the only) reason I hate it is because bad Disney humor is around the corner several times every cutscene. It is really such a mood killer, and it makes me not be able to be absorbed in the story, they are just shallow comic reliefs with shallow Disney backgrounds that I already know from the past. Also, Sora is an empty good guy shell, the bad guys is typical bad guys.
Sure some parts of the games I did enjoy, like Hades being Hades. The comic reliefs that actually works, one can say. But it still breaks the whole game with these annoying small jokes all the time with my generic good guy character is being as shallow as ever.

This is what I fear will happen with DMC, the worlds doesn't really relate to each others significantly. I can only imagine joke scenes, a cheesy plot, a godlike co-op mode (it would be awesome, one player as Dante, the other as Bayo), and over the top fights (that's awesome too btw) like usual.
However I fear that it would do just like with Kingdom Hearts, take two franchises I love and butcher them. Final Fantasy and Disney, wow. I force myself to play it hoping it'll be better and to see all it has to offer. But it's really tedious.
The same could very very easily happen to the DMC and Bayo universe. I know people will love it alot, but I really don't think it'll be my style.

Top Bottom