• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Listening to fans

BayoxDante

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

The case of Kingdom Hearts, I guess. All I can see in Dante and Bayonetta interacting is an infinite amount of joke scenes that would be awesome. But the thing is, it makes the jokes bad if used too much. It's that combined with the cheesy plot (it will be cheesy if it's a crossover, no crossover I know of hasn't been) so the highpoints will mostly be these joke scenes.

Kingdom Hearts is overly filled with comic relief characters. The only (yes, the only) reason I hate it is because bad Disney humor is around the corner several times every cutscene. It is really such a mood killer, and it makes me not be able to be absorbed in the story, they are just shallow comic reliefs with shallow Disney backgrounds that I already know from the past. Also, Sora is an empty good guy shell, the bad guys is typical bad guys.
Sure some parts of the games I did enjoy, like Hades being Hades. The comic reliefs that actually works, one can say. But it still breaks the whole game with these annoying small jokes all the time with my generic good guy character is being as shallow as ever.

This is what I fear will happen with DMC, the worlds doesn't really relate to each others significantly. I can only imagine joke scenes, a cheesy plot, a godlike co-op mode (it would be awesome, one player as Dante, the other as Bayo), and over the top fights (that's awesome too btw) like usual.
However I fear that it would do just like with Kingdom Hearts, take two franchises I love and butcher them. Final Fantasy and Disney, wow. I force myself to play it hoping it'll be better and to see all it has to offer. But it's really tedious.
The same could very very easily happen to the DMC and Bayo universe. I know people will love it alot, but I really don't think it'll be my style.
I made a small dialogue of a "BayoXDante" scene, where Dante is going around the Bayo world with a little apprentice girl (little witch). My aim with this scene is to show that BayoxDante game would have a OK to decent plot, and that it won't be a "WTF is this story about":

This scene concept is called "The spellbook"

After Dante defeats the evil spirit that had corrupted the area, he and the little witch apprentice could now explore the place without limitations.

Dante: Noone must been here for decades...
*apprentice is looking around and notices a book*
Apprentice: Look here big blother Dante! A spellbook!
Dante: I told you i am not your brother -_-.
*little girl pretends she didn't hear him*
apprentice: it has huge magical aura sullounding it. It must belonged to a gleat witch.
Dante thought: "What a little nut she is".

*Dante watches as the girl skims through the pages*
Dante thought: The nutcase is right though...there is a strong aura around the book, i can sense it. But why do i feel as if i've seen or been around this book before? The writing..i know i have seen it before.

Dante: That's enough exploring for today, let's move on.

apprentice: ok , but cani bling the book with me?
Dante: No, it is not yours. Besides it may belonged to a evil wackjob.
apprentice: please big blother! it is a good book. I know it is. And it is covered in web, so noone must be missing it.
Dante: Fine...but on condition you do as i say and dont go off on your own again ok?
apprentice: i plomise!
Dante: Let's go.
*as they go the little girl has her head in the book while following Dante creating a gap between them*
apprentice mumbles something from book: ho..w to summan spaaalda.
Dante hears her mumbling and looks behinds him and notices the gap: Stay close to me, and you can read the book when we're out of this place.

Gorbashou

I made a small dialogue of a "BayoXDante" scene, where Dante is going around the Bayo world with a little apprentice girl (little witch). My aim with this scene is to show that BayoxDante game would have a OK to decent plot, and that it won't be a "WTF is this story about":

It's not about what fanfics can do about it, or what fan concept can do about it. I'm talking about how it would actually be. It's fun to imagine, but it wouldn't be that great when it is released. Capcom has DMC, they aren't really known right now for how awesome they are (most of their games are either dry of content, milking money or destroying franchises).
Platinum games I don't keep a record of so I wouldn't know.
Also, fan fiction is fan fiction. Most crossover games are poorly written fanfiction. I can't ask you to say "how it would be good" since I don't think you'll be there to make any input in a DMCxBayo game if it would be produced.

IncarnatedDemon

It's not about what fanfics can do about it, or what fan concept can do about it. I'm talking about how it would actually be. It's fun to imagine, but it wouldn't be that great when it is released. Capcom has DMC, they aren't really known right now for how awesome they are (most of their games are either dry of content, milking money or destroying franchises).
Platinum games I don't keep a record of so I wouldn't know.
Also, fan fiction is fan fiction. Most crossover games are poorly written fanfiction. I can't ask you to say "how it would be good" since I don't think you'll be there to make any input in a DMCxBayo game if it would be produced.
What did you think of the fiction of mine though? It's not a loose fiction, i tried to connect the two worlds together. And who's book do you think that is?

Gorbashou

What did you think of the fiction of mine though? It's not a loose fiction, i tried to connect the two worlds together. And who's book do you think that is?

Anime style. The apprentice sounds like a shoe-in and got a very loli-style character.
But it's cewl as a fanfic.

IncarnatedDemon

Anime style. The apprentice sounds like a shoe-in and got a very loli-style character.
But it's cewl as a fanfic.
She is actually like 8 years old, and has issue with pronauncing Rs. So she says blother instead of brother.
And her background is that she has no family, a orphan. However, Dante being how he is the little girl grows fond of him and calls him for big brother.
Besides the story isn't to serious, if i made it to serious it would be depressing.

The relation between Dante and little girl develops. And at end Dante becomes protective of her like a brother. Also you have know that Dante was summoned into Bayo world by the girl. She used magic (as she is a apprentice) to summon a demon to aid her to save Bayonetta.

Though if Bayonetta is held captivate or prisoned, then it would spoil the fun moments of Dante and Bayo meeting. And you'd only have the opportunity to make scenes like that only at end when Bayo is saved.

So it's not a ideal scenario to imagine Bayo being imprisoned. But it's pretty decent idea to imagine this little girl summons Dante, seeing as she's inexperienced witch and Dante is half demon.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd give it a 5 since I dont have much interest in it but eh go for it. I rather they not use the alternate dimension and just have the two worlds be the same.

i think it would be easier if you just used Patty from the anime. She is a already established character who is descended from sorcerors.

IncarnatedDemon

Yes, this is why i say BayoXDante has good plot foundation. Because of the references in Bayo, and the fact that witches summon demons. The dialogue scene called "Spellbook" i shared with you guys is actually Eva's book. That is why Dante feels as if he has seen or been around the book before, because the aura that the book gives off is his mother's aura.
Even more, when Dante and Vergil had birthday the same writing that was seen in the book, was same writing on the birthday cake. Dante didn't remember that detail though. I didn't want to spoil it all (to you readers).
A good story is one that makes you think. I didn't find a good way to incorporate the birthday cake writing with the book without giving the clue away.

Now whether Bayo and Dantes world shud be merged or not is really up for discussion. I think it would be better if they didn't because it would create many plot holes. Such as where was Bayo during past DMC 1-4? Etc.
By making it two separate worlds, it becomes more study of plot.

And the little witch's inspiration is actually Paty :) I have barely watched the anime, but i recall from openings and such that Paty and Dante had such relationship.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yes, this is why i say BayoXDante has good plot foundation. Because of the references in Bayo, and the fact that witches summon demons. The dialogue scene called "Spellbook" i shared with you guys is actually Eva's book. That is why Dante feels as if he has seen or been around the book before, because the aura that the book gives off is his mother's aura.
Even more, when Dante and Vergil had birthday the same writing that was seen in the book, was same writing on the birthday cake. Dante didn't remember that detail though. I didn't want to spoil it all (to you readers).
A good story is one that makes you think. I didn't find a good way to incorporate the birthday cake writing with the book without giving the clue away.

Now whether Bayo and Dantes world shud be merged or not is really up for discussion. I think it would be better if they didn't because it would create many plot holes. Such as where was Bayo during past DMC 1-4? Etc.
By making it two separate worlds, it becomes more study of plot.

And the little witch's inspiration is actually Paty :) I have barely watched the anime, but i recall from openings and such that Paty and Dante had such relationship.
Tbh the world of DMC outside of the areas you visit for the games isnt exactly established so you could bring in any other world ans make it apart of DMC.

what was Lady doing in DMC1? You could just say she is doing something or involved elsewhere or even did not know the events were happening.

Plus you keep saying its not serious so why bother go that deep with a trivial detail?

IncarnatedDemon

Plus you keep saying its not serious so why bother go that deep with a trivial detail?
A good story is one that makes sense and at same time can make you go emotional or laugh.

Therefor i think it would be very cheap to ignore that Bayo and Dante world could be connected with a good logic behind it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A good story is one that makes sense and at same time can make you go emotional or laugh.

Therefor i think it would be very cheap to ignore that Bayo and Dante world could be connected with a good logic behind it.
I did not say any of that. What I said was that you are making too big of an issue of a problem that could be rectified easily.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I really think the Devil May Cry and Spawn crossover would work. They are actually pretty similar yet also so different. I can see a kickass fight going down between the two and then they would have to set aside their differences to see they're on the same side. They still probably won't be able to tolerate each other but I can see Spawn calling out Dante on his cheesy bs and then being also this badass demon slaying team.
Spawn_Vector_Fanart_by_smashmethod.jpg

Make it happen game people. F*ck, call it DevilSpawn or something I don't know but let's see Dante go up against him. By the way, I think Spawn would win if they fought but Dante could put up a close fight.

Just a heads up? This ever happened?

tumblr_mi6oupaTWc1r5ycsjo1_400.gif

Oooooh yeah.

It wouldn't ever happen mind you.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I voted 'No', because I cannot imagine a great crossover game between Dante and Bayonetta.

EDIT: From scale 1 to 10, I chose 3.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
The title of this thread is completely unrelated to the content but whatevs.

I say no because I hate, nay, I despise Bayonetta and don't want her going anywhere near Dante.

Top Bottom