• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Light and Dark

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Plot

Heaven and Hell have both become corrupt and their leaders have become destructive and totalitarian. Several demons and angels have escaped this war and live in a small band, against both Heaven and Hell, but choosing to do nothing, much to Solid and Ithavol's chagrin. However, one day, Heaven and Hell sniff out this third party and utterly destroy it, leaving Solid and Ithavol alive with a cryptic message left for them: It is often light before it is dark. A wolf's hide and an angel's wings will show you what you most desire.

Solid, thinking it may be a clue to the whereabouts of his supposedly dead father and Ithavol thinking it is the clue to the destruction of both Heaven and Hell set out on a journey to find the mysterious messenger and stop both Heaven and Hell from tearing each other, and the human world, apart.

-------------------------

Ithavol slowly awakened, groaning. He got up, looking over the destruction of their group's former headquarters. He looked at a man that was sitting close by, who seemed to be intently staring at something. A small piece of paper. A note. Ithavol moved over to the man's side and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. "Hey..." He said in a soft voice. "What happened? Where'd everyone go?"

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Looked over at the person, sighed, then rolled his eyes. "Obliterated." Solid said calmly as he glared at the message. He stood up slowly yawning widely as if he hadn't gotten enough sleep. "Like a group of helpless infants, they were denied their right to live." Solid added before cracking his neck, back, and knuckles. "But we have a clue as to where we go from here, a note, a message." he handed the person the note and waited for him to determine what it meant.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Cryptic? Hmph. I'm a wolf and... judging by your appearance, you're an 'angel'." Solid said coldly, as he stared at the supposed angel before him. "Maybe this little piece of information is telling me I need your help. It also could be saying that I need to kill you and take your wings to get what I desire." Solid paced back and forth slowly in front of the creature before looking it directly in the face, if you could call what he was staring at a face.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ithavol held the note forward. "It also says we need a wolf's pelt. Meaning I may have to kill you, too. But I'd rather we work together."

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Then it's mutually beneficial for the both of us not to have to kill each other." Solid said with his usual "smartassy" tone. "So, as for what this thing says about: 'What we desire.' What are your thoughts on the statement?" He added.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ithavol thought for a moment. "I suppose it means the destruction of Heaven and Hell, or their leaders." He looked at Solid. "I suppose for you it means something different."

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"The destruction of heaven and hell, huh?" Solid gawked ignoring the question that was redirected back to him. "Why the hell would you want that? You're supposed to be some kind of angel right? So why want "God" to be destroyed? Not that I care what you do on your end, just seems a little odd. Seeing as how angels are always preaching about the bastard." Solid remarked jokingly after he let out a slight laugh. "You seem pretty messed up guy, pretty messed up indeed."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ithavol cracked his neck. "Oh, come on. I think you got your head hit. We're here because we oppose the war between Heaven and Hell, remember? I hate God for his tyrannical ways, killing those that don't follow him. I serve a different deity instead. Jubileus, the true Creator."

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Whatever..." Solid said before yawning once more. "Creator, shmeeshmator. They have nothing to do with me, since I don't serve anyone." he said coldly.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
He sighed and shrugged, then stared calmly at the angel. "What's there to remember, must not have been very important if I had forgotten." Solid mocked.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ithavol nodded. "So true. We never did anything of importance anyway. What's the point of opposing both Heaven and Hell if we never do anyth-..." He trailed off midsentence. "I say we find who wrote that letter and find out what he knows."

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Sure thing pal... but where the hell are we gonna find them? Plus, who says the mysterious note leaver isn't a woman?" Solid proposed quickly.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Ah, I was too quick to generalize." Ithavol said, agreeing. "But, we can't do anything if we just sit here amidst the dirt and ash." He gave the note to Solid. "Put that in your pocket, um... I don't think we've introduced each other. I'm Ithavol." He said, holding out his four fingered hand.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Solid..." he said before taking the note. "Pretty strange name ya' got there, I would expect as much from an 'angel'." Solid called mockingly. "Seems like I'm always paired with the strangest of people."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ithavol tilted his head to the side. "You continue to call me an angel, but you use a sarcastic tone whenever you say it. Why is that?"

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Because angels and demons have a certain likeness, I honestly think there aren't any differences between the two. It's just a title, to make you glorified winged beasts seem better than us." Solid said just before getting a whiff of something foul coming their way. "You smell that?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"I will have you know that I am no "winged beast", but I find myself no better than demons. So kindly stuff the insults or I will have to do something about that big mouth of yours." He took a couple deep sniffs. "That smells absolutely putrid. What is it?"

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
"Guess this discussion is gonna have to wait." Solid said before a few very furry demons began to circle them. They came from all directions, and seemed to have been sent after them. Solid drew his sword, and it glowed it's blood red color as he slashed the first demon foolish enough to try to strike him head on.

Top Bottom