• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Level Design

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I'm talking about invisible walls, fixed cameras, fixed traversal areas, red demon barriers, super linear levels, and doors that don't open you just fade away and reappear on the other side.

Some thing DmC rectified mostly and with games like God of War having zero cuts I am hoping Capcom can keep up with

DarkSlayer54

I'm hoping for some DMC1 or DmC level designs.

Hated DMC3, and DMC4's levels... I found those to be so painful. DMC3 in particular has you running up and down the tower, and every room just feels like a fetch quest to artificially increase the game's length. DMC4 has you re-treading everything a second time, which again just feels like one massive piece of filler.

I don't mind at all if the game's a short one - I just want it to be as replayable as possible.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I liked some of DMC3's level designs; the quirky ones, at any rate (like the one you just know was inspired by Escher's Relativity painting--you see that revamped pretty much everywhere). And from what I saw of DmC's levels, some of them were pretty damn cool, what with the blending of gritty urban settings and Limbo.

Overall, I'd pretty much like any level where you can tell they put a lot of effort--both into the environment, the demons you fight, and whatever other obstacles are sprinkled throughout. Also, fully in agreement that I hope they don't have the backtracking/repeat boss battles that Capcom has been so famous for over the decades. I'm inclined to think that by now, they'll have learned from past mistakes, so let's just keep our fingers crossed, yeah? ^^

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
They already confirmed that levels be much more open. So it probably be more open than any other devil may cry game. They said it would be something akin to Dragon's dogma. Not commpletely linear, but very open

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
really? by they did you mean capcom? Wow, even if that's kinda what i wanted but DD's openness is too open for a DMC game, can't imagine how that would play.. More like lords of shadows 2 is likely
Ah crap :/ it's from ResetEra leak. :/ I swapped it in my mind with maitsu interview. I hope they guessed it right though with this information.

Top Bottom