• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk Combat: Dante or Vergil?

Who do You prefer playing as?

• Dante

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Vergil

Votes: 35 63.6%

• Total voters

Gbraga

I love Dantes weapons and having all the toys....but Vergil is....clean! Damn he is fun as hell (or hell). I honestly think that Vergil would even appeal to those not quite into DmC. I think ChaserTech for one would love Vergil in DmC.
Completely agree. "clean" really is the best term to describe DmC Vergil lol

Have you seen nisannka's video? Fantastic!

Gbraga

Yeah I have. There's so many other awesome people out there.
Check out this combo from ReddishTailing (Soupie on the forum)
Soupie always find some great tech! Can't wait to see what he(she?) brings to the table in Vergil's Downfall <3

Doppelganger seems too much for me right now though, I'll stick with the swords until I mastered them :C

8BitHero

Scrub
Soupie always find some great tech! Can't wait to see what he(she?) brings to the table in Vergil's Downfall <3

Doppelganger seems too much for me right now though, I'll stick with the swords until I mastered them :C
This weekend I'm gonna try some stuff out but I've been busy and playing other games. But these videos are a great starting point and what to try and explore with.

Paexie

You guys... Vergil... can't double jump, but he can double angel dash?? Ok. Yeah, I vote Vergil. He's too awesome, just too freaking awesome.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
tvE71.gif

In all seriousness, I still like Dante more, but Vergil is pretty much right there as well. Like, Dante gets 52% love, and Vergil gets 48% love. And I still haven't really gotten all of Vergil's skills, either :p

TheNoHeartedBeing

The only reason Vergil feels so cool is because he's new. If we were given Vergil first that Dante. As soon as we got our hands on Dante we would have been going crazy lol. I'll have to wait till I beat all difficulties and all that other good jazz. Vergils gameplay is hard at first but you get used to it. Same with there being no double jump. In pretty sure most of us got used to that. :-D

Paexie

The only reason Vergil feels so cool is because he's new. If we were given Vergil first that Dante. As soon as we got our hands on Dante we would have been going crazy lol. I'll have to wait till I beat all difficulties and all that other good jazz. Vergils gameplay is hard at first but you get used to it. Same with there being no double jump. In pretty sure most of us got used to that. :-D
Nah, he's just cool period.

DarkSlayer54

I'm just beginning VD, and all I have is a first impression. I like his speed, it'll give me a lot to do... and his limited moves don't really bother me since it kind of encourages me to look for more combinations (funny I say this since I felt that Dante didn't have enough moves). I think it's mainly due to his speed... with his small amount of moves, I still forget to use certain attacks. With Dante, I have time to think... so I feel like I should have more to play with (even though I ignore his guns).

JC'ing with Vergil is super easy, and I love that. I don't have to focus on getting the timing right, I can just focus on the combo's instead.

My only issue with Vergil, gameplay-wise... is that his trick-up and trick-down are kind of awkwardly schemed onto the controller imo.

Kind of off-topic... but I don't like VD overall. Vergil is awesome, but the level design is so boring that I think it'll kill the DLC pretty quickly for me. I would have liked to play Dante's story with Vergil instead.

Overall, I think I like Vergil more than Dante... I can't really say yet though, I'll have to use him more. I might not even be able to decide... for now I'm saying Vergil since he`s new, but they`ll probably be on par at the end of the day. Dante is slower, and sometimes that`s more fun.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Yeah, Vergil is so addicting to play as, especially for his speed, but the same 6 levels will get extremely boring, especially seeing as 1 and 6 are the exact same area, and 5 is just a boss fight. It's cool that Vergil has his own area, but I think He would really shine in Dante's campaign, which I would like to see patched in at a later date, I wouldn't even mind paying for it.

I will say this though, Vergil offers a lot more 'normal' competition on the leaderboards, a lot of Dante's scores are tainted with guys simply abusing Demon Dodge/Kablooey, which, if you want to keep up, are forced to do yourself, which is boring and unsatisfying.

I really appreciated that there's none of that BS with Vergil, it's simply about who can play the best.

MasterBlasterAA

^ Yeah, Vergil is so addicting to play as, especially for his speed, but the same 6 levels will get extremely boring, especially seeing as 1 and 6 are the exact same area, and 5 is just a boss fight. It's cool that Vergil has his own area, but I think He would really shine in Dante's campaign, which I would like to see patched in at a later date, I wouldn't even mind paying for it.

I will say this though, Vergil offers a lot more 'normal' competition on the leaderboards, a lot of Dante's scores are tainted with guys simply abusing Demon Dodge/Kablooey, which, if you want to keep up, are forced to do yourself, which is boring and unsatisfying.

I really appreciated that there's none of that BS with Vergil, it's simply about who can play the best.

Agreed. I kinda gave up on leaderboards for Dante because of all the exploits, but who knows maybe Vergil has some we don't know about yet (although he has a very low potential for exploitation). You are definitely kicking my @$$ on the Vergil leaderboards though :p.

And btw that whole atomic + killer bee works so well on HOH

8BitHero

Scrub
I agree actually, the level design was pretty meh. However I felt the "boss fight" on mission 5 was awesome. I like how it's a bland wasteland arena with [insert body organ] floating in the back. That was nice, but yeah general, the DLC level design wasn't anything special.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Agreed. I kinda gave up on leaderboards for Dante because of all the exploits, but who knows maybe Vergil has some we don't know about yet (although he has a very low potential for exploitation). You are definitely kicking my @$$ on the Vergil leaderboards though :p.

And btw that whole atomic + killer bee works so well on HOH
Ha, I honestly think those Leaderboards are bugged. I'm not sure if I still am but a few nights ago I was Number 1 for Hell and Hell's Mission 4, but when checking those beneath Me on the leadboards, their raw score was hundreds of thousands higher than mine, yet I came out on top. Somehow, with 750k raw score (multiplied by an SSS for time and SSS for completion) I managed to get placed higher than those also with SSS for time and completion, but with 1,000,000+ scores. Made no sense.

MasterBlasterAA

Ha, I honestly think those Leaderboards are bugged. I'm not sure if I still am but a few nights ago I was Number 1 for Hell and Hell's Mission 4, but when checking those beneath Me on the leadboards, their raw score was hundreds of thousands higher than mine, yet I came out on top. Somehow, with 750k raw score (multiplied by an SSS for time and SSS for completion) I managed to get placed higher than those also with SSS for time and completion, but with 1,000,000+ scores. Made no sense.

Well the thing is that you have to take deaths and item usage into account. It doesn't show how many times they died or used items when you look at another player's score on the leaderboards, so that would probably account for the discrepancy.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I think I like Vergil's gameplay more, it's just the bee's knees.
It really reminded me of why I love DMC3 so much. It also really made me want a DMC5........badly!

Top Bottom