• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk Combat: Dante or Vergil?

Who do You prefer playing as?

• Dante

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Vergil

Votes: 35 63.6%

• Total voters

Zilla

The inFAAMous
After giving Dante nearly 80 hours of game time, I must say, Vergil is a refreshing change of pace. At over 15+ hours of nothing but 'Downfall' I've grown to love playing as Vergil. His speed is addicting, combos insane and his overall efficiency devastating.

After spending so long on 'Downfall' I decided to switch back over to DmC to see if I still 'had' My Dante, and to My surprise I felt so slow. Especially with traversal, I actually thought I was in slow-motion.

But enough about Me, few of You have had time enough to sink your teeth into Vergil and his moveset, so let Me know who you think is the better brother.

I like vergil a lot, but I think unless i 've had the same number of hours with him I can't say he's better at this moment. I do love the potential applications for doppelganger, but its a bit too hectic to do anything clever in combat with it yet.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Vergil definitely. After playing Dante in DmC for so long I realized he has soo much crown control and too much easy setups to just bring everything to him to make his day. If Vergil even had 1 more weapon he would be on par with how much diversity Dante has in my opinion. I'd like to say Dante is still more fun for me but Vergil has something else unique to his gameplay that I admire that reminds me of the older dmc titles

EvilX-81

its a tough one. vergil's awesome to use. but i have a little bit more fun with dante.

Yea, basically how I feel. I absolutely love using Vergil's angel lift/demon pulls though. Maybe it's just because of how speedy, versatile freeflowing, and powerful they seem, the control they give you over your enemies. The fact that you can teleport or bring an enemy to you from wherever they are if you stuck a illusion sword in them beforehand is just awesome.

AngelMode

I said Dante, simply 'cus his gameplay is a lot deeper. Slower, but deeper nevertheless. Vergil is kinda too easy to use and can be a bit frustrating with the swords instead of guns, since they are a bit slower and there is no lock on.

I do like the fact that Vergil's DT does not increase his health back up though, it sure adds to the difficulty... 'cus Dante's DT is too overpowered.

MasterBlasterAA

vergil is absolutely amazing. I gotta say, with the charging moves and perfect timings, it really gives amazing finesse to his combat system. you can also chain some sick combos once you learn how to use him. i am having an absolute blast with this dlc. dante's combat is great too but man vergil's is awesome.

vergil definitely has the bigger D

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I said Dante, simply 'cus his gameplay is a lot deeper. Slower, but deeper nevertheless. Vergil is kinda too easy to use and can be a bit frustrating with the swords instead of guns, since they are a bit slower and there is no lock on.

I do like the fact that Vergil's DT does not increase his health back up though, it sure adds to the difficulty... 'cus Dante's DT is too overpowered.
His health does regen while DG is active. Slowly, mind you.

Paexie

Damn. It's hard to settle with an answer right now, but I'm really digging Vergil's style.

Victormaru

Technologist
Damn. It's hard to settle with an answer right now, but I'm really digging Vergil's style.
Pretty much my answer. Dante is obviously a lot more versatile since he's got a whole arsenal of different weapons and combos. Although I do love Vergil's Evade speed and his Angel / Demon teleport pulls. Also the Summoned Swords and Spiraling Swords stuff is pretty fun.

Romy

When I play with Vergil, I have a feeling that I turned on the turbo mode from DMC3 comparing to when I play with Dante. But that's the way it's supposed to be. Vergil was a lot faster in DMC3 so I'm not really surprised about the difference in DmC. Not to mention that Vergil's a beast when it comes to damage. If you know how to JC effectively, DMD becomes easy as hell. (not counting the parts with a Witch and 2 Impossibles/Rages) XD

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Vergil; he's just so much more fun to use in comparison to Dante, a bit like how I preferred Vergil over Dante in DMC3.

8BitHero

Scrub
I love Dantes weapons and having all the toys....but Vergil is....clean! Damn he is fun as hell (or hell). I honestly think that Vergil would even appeal to those not quite into DmC. I think ChaserTech for one would love Vergil in DmC.

Top Bottom