• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk about epic female game characters

Meg

Because for the most part they appear to fall into one or more of three categories:

1) Ball-breakers who need a good slap
2) Whiny little helpless girly-girls who need a good slap
3) Over-sexualised fan-service type females who need a good slap (although they'd probably REALLY enjoy it)

*awaits angry feminist rebuttal* :D
*slaps* :|

Actually, you hit the nail on the head. Most female game characters fall into one of those three categories, and it makes feminists angry. ;) We're talking "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!" levels of angry.

Also, what is it with you lately and trying to rile me up? :lol:

ZeroLove

Because for the most part they appear to fall into one or more of three categories:

1) Ball-breakers who need a good slap
2) Whiny little helpless girly-girls who need a good slap
3) Over-sexualised fan-service type females who need a good slap (although they'd probably REALLY enjoy it)

*awaits angry feminist rebuttal* :D

Hehe, fair enough. ^^

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I'd like it if female characters were a mixture of being able to hold their own in a fight, but still need help if the chips are down, combined with some kind of emotional side, but not too emotional that it would compromise the mission.

I'm tired of seeing innocent damsel in distress or female characters treating guys like crap or characters with tits everywhere and no personality. Can't we have a normal female?:/

I'm hoping bioshock infinite changes this. Elizabeth seems like an innocent girl who needs to be rescued and she is literally locked in a tower, but she also has these amazing and deadly powers which is why she was locked away. I've seen trailers where she comes off as almost naive, but other times where I see the potential for her to really cause some harm as she awakens to what's going on in the world. I'm really hopeful that she'll be a decent female character.
Was Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI like this? A innocent but deadly character who grows up over the course of the game? And then Dissidia came along and made Terra even more . . . weak and in need of rescuing despite that she can rip your head off without much trouble.

Note to self: Must play Final Fantasy VI.
Other note to self: I like cats. :)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Also, what is it with you lately and trying to rile me up? :lol:
I think I might be bored...?

:p

I tell you one female character that actually I enjoyed sending to her doom - Ashley from Mass Effect. Ok, so Kaiden wasn't the great lay I was expecting later on, but if I had to take one more piece of insolent backchat from that fugly shemale, I'd have busted my 360 with rage. From the moment you first meet her, she's got a gob on her the size of Russia...if there was an in-game option to backhand her into the side of the Mako repeatedly, I would have gladly spent hours doing that. Over and over again.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I think I might be bored...?

:p

I tell you one female character that actually I enjoyed sending to her doom - Ashley from Mass Effect. Ok, so Kaiden wasn't the great lay I was expecting later on, but if I had to take one more piece of insolent backchat from that fugly shemale, I'd have busted my 360 with rage. From the moment you first meet her, she's got a gob on her the size of Russia...if there was an in-game option to backhand her into the side of the Mako repeatedly, I would have gladly spent hours doing that. Over and over again.

I'm going to be honest here, i'm going to play through all of Mass Effect soon and the first thing i'm going to do is make sure she's dead by the end of the first game, i let her live the first time and boy did i regret it come 3.

(The second thing i'm going to do is commence operation "Cockblock Garrus" by getting into a relationship with Tali. Why? For the lulz.)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well, here are some of my favorites.

Lady/Mary (DMC3 only, not DMC4) <3
The Boss (MGS 3)
Ada Wong (RE2)
Sniper Wolf (MGS1)
Jack (Mass Effect 2)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Samara (Mass Effect 3)
Hilde (Soul Caliber IV)
Tifa (FF VII)