• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Rank DMC games from Best to Worst

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I'll rank mine now:
DMC3 is the best
DMC1 is also my favorite as it is the starter.
But I'm neutral towards DmC.
I didn't like DMC4 very much.
And I really hate DMC2; nothing is worse than that! NOTHING!!

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Except I never raged against DMC4. Sure, the story sucks and Nero's random-ness, but the gameplay is awesome and the graphics beautiful. Not to mention Dante. <3

Agree except i perfer nero dante is awsome but i perfer playing as nero...for now...gunslinger and pandora...and ariel swordmaster combo's...trickster teleports..darkslayer yamato moves...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
And I really hate DMC2; nothing is worse than that! NOTHING!!

Not even this.

Ninja_Gaiden_3_box_artwork.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'll be honest, as honest as I can be.

In terms of overall 'better' then the list should go as follows: 3, 1, little m, 4, 2.

Why?

3 is by far the superior game in many respects, it has the most responsive combat, the best presentation, the right amount of story and difficulty. In these respects DMC3 is still the unmatched entree that raised the bar in this genre. The design shows more thought and balance than most other entrees in the franchise and has, by far, the largest arsenal in the DMC brand. For all it's limitations, such as no on the fly style switch or having to find a statue to switch you're weapons, and not that many combos per weapon, it still provides the challenge and freedom that every title after has tried to match and other copy.

DMC1 might not have the combat that all of it's sequels have but it provides an experience that has never been matched by them. This game has crunchiest combat in the series, every time you end a combo there is power behind it and, yeah, sure, every game's stinger makes a rumble but here it makes real a, earth shaking, quake; The impact of each end of combo really gives you a sense of power and strength behind them. Then you have the ambiance and tone of the game which really show it heritage as a horror survival title, something every game since has abandoned but sets it apart to the rest. With the best BGM (songs don't count) and the most memorable rendition of Dante this game still delivers, despite the aging and cobwebs it's gathered over the years.

DmC tried and and made advancements in many areas but unfortunately it made improvements from DMC4, which is not the best place to start from. DmC's combat is fair step forward from DMC4's, it's tightened and with the help of the grapples it helps build bigger environments with out sacrificing flow and strategy, it takes the best of Nero and Dante and blends them together well. The issues it has, however, are just too many to be overlooked and keep it from been a better game. It's not all bad, in fact there is plenty of positives, however, the negatives just out weight them by a fair margin and will keep it from ever been as good as 3, and worse still, it doesn't think it is.

DMC4 is just boring. It's a safe game that takes no chances and wants to appeal to as many people as possible. With a philosophy that starts with a new protagonist to draw in a new audience and ends with the removal of anything that might scare away girls this game's pro's just don't justify the con's. Nero's story and combat are just meh, a mixture of blandness and safe egg shell walking. He breaks no barriers in ether department and does nothing but the delude the presence of Dante as a unique individual. Dante's only addition here is on the fly style switching, and that doesn't exactly do much since it's still not as good as DMC3. meh, story, meh combat, and the only good things about it came from DMC3. Well, at least it's pretty.

DMC2... Do I really have to say?

That is what I think is the most 'fair' take on this. my personal list, however, is a tad different. It goes like this: 1, 3, 4, little m, and 2.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
If there's one thing I'd love more than anything, it's a HD version of DMC1 and a remake of 2 (though don't read me wrong I happened to like DMC2). DMC1 really held my interest because of its ambiance and take on Dante out of others. They really do deserve a second chance I think.

GF9000000Returns

My ranks.

1. DMC3- I consider this to be the best DMC game ever. It has awesome fast gameplay, great story for a prequel, memorable moments, and let's not forget the final battle in harder difficulties!

2. DMC1 & DmC- Yep, they are in a tie. Both of them have great gameplay but the reason why I put them both as equals is because of the stories and character development. They both have the best Dantes too. Both of them knew when to get serious, both of them knew when to slack off and joke around, all of that.

3. DMC4- With all the smack I talked about it, I don't think it deserves to be in the worst rank, and that's because of the gameplay and the content was okay. EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKED! You got Nero who is a sardonic crybaby. All he thinks about is Kyrie and wanting to eat her p*ssy. Maybe if he was still sardonic and showed is caring side near the end, I would've liked him. Now there's Dante, who acts like a damn fool in almost every cutscene and jokes around too much. Since the story was after DMC1, shouldn't Dante act almost similar to DMC1 Dante(if only Kamiya was still around). If a powerful guy like Sanctus threatens to destroy the earth, what are you supposed to do, be all "nah man it's cool. I'ma just go get me some pizza and p*ssy"? NO! He should've had a bad attitude just like he had in the final battle of the DMC anime.

4. DMC2- Words can't describe how much I hate the game. 90% of it wasn't any good. *in Jester voice* NO GOOD! The only couple things I liked about the game though was the story's near end, and its Dante. I understand why he's like that because he's GROWN THE EFF UP! He finally abandons his "jokey attitude" and starts being serious. While I admit, he's a bit too silent, I at least find him way better than the DMC4 Dante. So yeah, other than that, everything else sucked. I didn't even bother finishing it in hard mode in the HD collection.

berto

I Saw the Devil
------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, DMC1. The creme-de-la-creme.

DMC1 BIRTHED A NEW GENRE. IT DOESN'T DESERVE THIS.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What an odd thing to say. Sure, other games had the moves first but that's like saying that other games had guns before, it's true but that really isn't the why. DMC made a genre because of it's fluid combat and character freedom, the ability to cancel animations and some pretty interesting gun play which was unheard off for a 3D game at the time. By today's standards it's pretty sluggish and somewhat stiff but what it did in it's day it was the first that did it and it doesn't matter if it 'deserves' it or not, it did it.

I get why you say that and where you're coming from, it's not as though the game hasn't aged, but I just find that statement, well, undeserving.

Top Bottom