• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Make A DMC Game! Discussion #1: Themes, Story, and Narrative

Dante47

Whoops, almost missed ya.

I like the concept, but what exactly is the theme here?

I understand that this is a remake of DMC 4, but that game didn't really have a message. I would suggest having a theme because that could add motivation to why Nero needs to know his ancestry.

EDIT: I apologize for double posting.
The theme is conspiracy. Nero is seeking the truth and wants to understand his past and why the demons hunt him.

KtWtWiS43

Then it's best to start writing now.
Already doin it man. In my wildest dreams, I would find someone who can draw as good as my profile pic, and release an independent DMC comic online. Someone's gotta save us from all this DmC lunacy

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Whoops, almost missed ya.

I like the concept, but what exactly is the theme here?

I understand that this is a remake of DMC 4, but that game didn't really have a message. I would suggest having a theme because that could add motivation to why Nero needs to know his ancestry.

EDIT: I apologize for double posting.

how about dealing with change as a theme?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Change into what ?? that's the million $ question

unexpected change like nero dealing with the legacy he was born into or dante dealing with the fact that he has to teach this kid about his legacy or he's got to deal with the fact that this kid could be related to him.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
unexpected change like nero dealing with the legacy he was born into or dante dealing with the fact that he has to teach this kid about his legacy or he's got to deal with the fact that this kid could be related to him.

hmm legacy... what legacy ? he got kyrie what more does he need ? :ermm:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
nero woke up and learned he is half-demon / son of the most revered figure outside of jesus christ.

its a lot to take in.

even dante doesn't give a crap about Sparda why should nero bother ?? he got his life settled he has nothing to worry about other than his boring mediocre life with kyrie

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
even dante doesn't give a crap about Sparda why should nero bother ?? he got his life settled he has nothing to worry about but his boring mediocre life with kyrie

cause the guy wants answers man.

people would be curios or interested in their past had this happened to them.

Railazel

But its a company which doesn't care about anything but money

C.R.A.P.C.O.M (Making money since 1983)

I am under the assumption that you don't realize the point of this thread.

We are the ones making up the story, not Capcom.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I am under the assumption that you don't realize the point of this thread.

We are the ones making up the story, not Capcom.

oh sorry i kinda distracted in thread i was just wonder how can you guys fix the plotholes and the strange events which are supposed to be linked together

DMC 1 > DMC 1.2 > DMC 2 Dante getting stupid attitude and then turning all serious just doesn't make any sense and where is nero is DMC2 anyway ?
he has be somewhere when the world is in Danger as someone said he now has the "Legacy "
he must be dead or something when DMC 2 takes place that's how they can fit Nero in DMC 5

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
oh sorry i kinda distracted in thread i was just wonder how can you guys fix the plotholes and the strange events which are supposed to be linked together

DMC 1 > DMC 1.2 > DMC 2 Dante getting stupid attitude and then turning all serious just doesn't make any sense and where is nero is DMC2 anyway ?
he has be somewhere when the world is in Danger as someone said he now has the "Legacy "
he must be dead or something when DMC 2 takes place that's how they can fit Nero in DMC 5

they are set at different stages at his life. How you act at 40 is gonna be different than how you act at 60.

nero is either dead or just had something else to do in DMC2.

depends on when DMC5 takes place as it could take place after 4 and before 2.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
they are set at different stages at his life. How you act at 40 is gonna be different than how you act at 60.

nero is either dead or just had something else to do in DMC2.

depends on when DMC5 takes place as it could take place after 4 and before 2.

Sooo that means DMC 2 takes place after 20 years or so after DMC 4 ??

Is there still that much time gap between DMC 1&2 ? even after covering all in Anime and DMC4 because its obvious to me that if any game takes place before DMC 2 its not its not going to progress the story in a healthy way

Railazel

Sooo that means DMC 2 takes place after 20 years or so after DMC 4 ??

Is there still that much time gap between DMC 1&2 ? even after covering all in Anime and DMC4 because its obvious to me that if any game takes place before DMC 2 its not its not going to progress the story in a healthy way

Here's the thing. You can't really tell how much time has passed between DMC 4 and DMC 2 because Capcom made the really dumb decision of give Dante bigger muscles and facial hair. Ultimately, this f'd up the timeline. DMC 3 takes place ten years before DMC 1, the anime being about several months afterward, and DMC 4 take place a year after DMC 1. However, because Dante is slimmer and doesn't have facial hair in DMC 2, you can't tell where it places in the timeline.

I theorized that Dante had some health issues that caused his muscles to deteriorate.

Top Bottom