• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

LETS COVER THE SOUNDTRACK FOR A BIT

Abyss DvTgR

i know for a fact that im not the only one that talked about this but i havent noticed one so here it goes... i would love NT a lot if they included the soundtrack with a special edition or a limited edition cuz for the past dmc all of them had AMAZING songs and overall an amazing soundtrack for each one and till now for each trailer NT revealed the songs they r using are not disappointing, not the least bit but i do have to say that they need to stick with rock/metal types of songs cuz they fit dmc the best

at the end i wanna know which genre of music do you think they should use ? and are u satisfied with wt u heard till now ?

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I have no complain about Combichrist. But if they use glitch mob during fights : that would really **** me off.
They should just stick to metal and may be include some kind of church choir like in DMC3

Nelo_Vergil

I have no complain about Combichrist. But if they use glitch mob during fights : that would really **** me off.
They should just stick to metal and may be include some kind of church choir like in DMC3

its not just about what music though. In in order for any music to actually be good in the game it has to it the games mood.

DMC music i think wouldn't fit DmC as much as most people would like to think. Mainly because the backgrounds are very different and what your fighting looks different. There's a whole different mood basically . I don't know how glitch mob would work *QUICKLY TO THE TUBEMOBILE*

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
but i do have to say that they need to stick with rock/metal types of songs cuz they fit dmc the best
I agree :D
I don't really like or dislike the music that as been shown so far. the only big musical mistake was the TGS trailer music which was just hilarious (it's better to laugh at this than to cry xD --')
But DmC battle theme is not bad at all! :) (the song in which he keeps shouting "never surrender!" in at least one of the gameplay trailers)
DmC as been compared many times with DMC2, which featured an awesome dark mix of metal and electro music...if DmC is so "DMC2-like" then one may expect it to have an excellent OST :)

Nelo_Vergil

I don't really like or dislike the music that as been shown so far. the only big musical mistake was the TGS trailer music which was just hilarious (it's better to laugh at this than to cry xD --')
But DmC battle theme is not bad at all! :) (the song in which he keeps shouting "never surrender!" in at least one of the gameplay trailers)
DmC as been compared many times with DMC2, which featured an awesome dark mix of metal and electro music...if DmC is so "DMC2-like" then one may expect it to have an excellent OST :)

oh the irony xD the song screaming never surrender is called never surrender by combi christ

Abyss DvTgR

its not just about what music though. In in order for any music to actually be good in the game it has to it the games mood.

DMC music i think wouldn't fit DmC as much as most people would like to think. Mainly because the backgrounds are very different and what your fighting looks different. There's a whole different mood basically . I don't know how glitch mob would work *QUICKLY TO THE TUBEMOBILE*
good point but if u think about it most of the background is the same lets take dmc3 for example : demons, hell gone loose, epic battles or bosses
DmC : demons check, hell gone loose more of limbo gone loose but close enough so check, and epic battles or bosses im hoping it will be epic so lets just keep this one unchecked so till now the songs from the past dmc's fits DmC perfectly

Nelo_Vergil

good point but if u think about it most of the background is the same lets take dmc3 for example : demons, hell gone loose, epic battles or bosses
DmC : demons check, hell gone loose more of limbo gone loose but close enough so check, and epic battles or bosses im hoping it will be epic so lets just keep this one unchecked so till now the songs from the past dmc's fits DmC perfectly

what i meant was the mood and atmosphere are very different. It's the same concept but it's all presented differently.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!

"DMC2, which featured an awesome dark mix of metal and electro music... if Dm..."
Hold it right there, DMC2 featured an awesome soundtrack? I disagree, it was only mediocre in comparison to the rest of the games in the franchise, and nothing too great or remarkable as a stand-alone.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
"DMC2, which featured an awesome dark mix of metal and electro music... if Dm..."
Hold it right there, DMC2 featured an awesome soundtrack? I disagree, it was only mediocre in comparison to the rest of the games in the franchise, and nothing too great or remarkable as a stand-alone.

I agree. I can't name a single song from DMC2 to save my life. As for DmC, I want to know the song they used for the TGS2010 trailer. It's badass to me! Also I want to know what's the song that plays during the Captivate gameplay, part two.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato

thats right I dont think glitch mob is a good idea

Dante47

Glitch Mob was only for the trailer. Combrichrist is doing the whole soundtrack, which is great since I've already been a fan of their music.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
regurgitator and the brown hornet......huh?

come on they were great bands when they played for the transformers soundtrack

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't know combichrist very much but their music doesn't sound very different from the original metal/rock/electro dark mix of the original series which I've always enjoyed :)

If this game has something like this
i may be interested in this game and I've googled some of the combichrist songs it doesn't sound metal to me its just the same distorted electronic idk what but it just doesn't sound bad-ass

Top Bottom