• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Buy DevilMayCry.net Together!

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi gang!

Your humble, balding overseer and bestest friend forever here, reaching out to implore for help from the sexiest Devil May Cry community, like, ever.

[flattery mode: engage]

You beautiful, beautiful people, you. Have I told you all just how much I love that shirt, jumper, blouse, vest, burlap sack that you're wearing? You really pull it off!

Right-o, now that you're suitably buttered up, here's my idea: The DevilMayCry.net domain recently became available for sale this week, and it would be amazing if we could purchase the domain and use it to help build our community.

Perhaps we could have it whereby users visiting DevilMayCry.net will be redirected here, or maybe we could even seamlessly migrate over to the new domain (all accounts would remain perfectly untouched and intact) and have all old links seamless transition over to the new domain. We could even just throw up a wiki on there or something, just to be crazy. Whatever we decide, it will make for a tremendous asset in helping grow our community.

The domain reseller company are currently asking for $1,895, but it's very likely that they'll accept a reasonable figure under the asking price.

I need the collective help of the community in order to make this possible. I'm throwing in $300, and it would be incredible if we could all help contribute any amount possible. If 60 people could each donate $25, we could grab this awesome domain in no time at all. If the company were to accept $1,500, then we could get this wrapped up even faster.

Click here to view donation options.

As a way of showing my appreciation to all donators, I'll be including the names of all donators plus their donation amount of a special thank you page (under construction!): http://devilmaycry.org/pages/christmas-2014-contributors/

A donation of any amount is welcome. Even a donation of $1 would be a great help (imagine if all 3,700+ members donated $1!) and your name and contribution will still be listed on the Contributors page.

All donations of $10 and over will be award the donator entry into an as-yet unnamed (do please feel free to provide any recommendations!) exclusive group with the following perks:
  • Personal group colour (feel free to suggest a colour!)
  • Free Gold Membership (1 Year) coupon to use for yourself or give to a friend
  • Personal 'limited edition' group badge (pictured below with an example 'Legendary Dark Knight' group title) that will never again be available after this fundraiser*.
  • Inclusion on the contributors page.
DzhHSM4.png

And here's a blown-up shot of the badge:
KZiNJ8r.png

And here's a 'Proud Soul' one, just because:

1zj6MMY.png

* The title can read anything we all agree upon, and even be of a colour to match the username colour, too, if you like! I'll leave the customization ideas up to you guys.

HOW DO I DONATE?

Simply click here.

WHAT IF I WANT TO DONATE A LITTLE MORE LATER ON?

Please do! I'll make sure that your total donation amount is included on the contributors page!

WHEN IS THE DEADLINE?

There isn't one per se, but I'd humbly request that if you're eager to donate then you do so as soon as is convenient. As soon as we hit that magical $1,895 milestone then I'll be in touch with the domain reseller company, pronto.

HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN WE'VE HIT THE GOAL?

All donations are recorded and immediately added towards the donation progress bar on the forum homepage.

$1,895 IS NOTHIN', WHY DON'T I JUST BUY THE DOMAIN MYSELF?

Please feel free! Chances are, if you're reading this, that you're a DMC fan yourself and would be able to turn the domain into something much more suited to the community than the boring 'Buy this domain for $x' that it has been for years and years. If you have the cash, go for it!

Personally, I'd love to see this community grow even bigger, and being able to make use of the domain would be a great asset in doing just that.

WHAT WILL YOU DO IF WE AREN'T ABLE TO RAISE THE MONEY?

All contributions will go towards the continued operation of the site, including dedicated server fees and software updates. And everyone will still keep their perks (listed above) and be included on the Contributors page indefinitely.

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE... ARE YOU SURE DEVILMAYCRY.NET IS EVEN FOR SALE?

Feel free to check it out for yourself: http://devilmaycry.net/

WHY ARE ALL THESE QUESTIONS IN SHOUT-Y UPPERCASE FORMAT?

I DON'T KNOW.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thanks for liking my skirt, Steve. I'm flattered :)

Hm, I could probably throw in a healthy sum of money and try to promote this as much as possible (if needs be) Dunno if you've put the idea up on Facebook, could help a bit.

I said I would go platinum tomorrow, but that can always hold. I'd rather help here as much as I can do.

Expect a contribution tomorrow to help get this ball rolling :thumbsup:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In relation to the name suggestions of the group, why not just simply call those who donate 'Contributors'.

We currently have Gold Supporters, Platinum Members, Admins and Moderators. So why not just call them Contributor? You could put that above those badges you designed so it reads -

Contributor
Legendary Dark Knight

or

Contributor
Proud Soul

Etc

That's just a suggestion.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It'd be a great way to start the new year. Maybe we could even dedicate it to DMC content like guides, videos, images, music, and other official materials that are all scattered about the whole of the internet. If we all contribute we could make it the one stop for all DM/mC content.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@DreadnoughtDT: Thanks for the contribution, mate. That's really helpful.

*looks at his avatar and signature* Yeah, purple. I can go with that. I was actually thinking purple anyway as it happens. But yeah, maybe we could vote on the colour between us contributors?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Alright, I personally think that keeping the website up and running is vital for keeping the fanbase alive. So I shall donate right away. I can't donate a lot due to Christmas shopping, steam sales and what not... anyway I'll donate 10 euros. That's like $12 converted lmao. Hope it helps!

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do if we don't reach our goal?

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'll gladly donate as soon as I can. :) It might not be a lot, but hopefully it'll help us get to our goal.

No worries on that front, RD. Any amount you might be able to spare would be a huge help and much appreciated!

I said I would go platinum tomorrow, but that can always hold. I'd rather help here as much as I can do.

Expect a contribution tomorrow to help get this ball rolling :thumbsup:

Shoot - knew I'd forgotten something! Pretty much all donations and subscription fees will be going towards the new domain, so if you decide to pick up a Platinum subby in the future, the funds will go in the domain purchase pot. <3

Sweet! I intend on keeping my promise of getting Platinum Supporter status when its financially sound, so this is a great way to support the site in the meantime!

Sounds good! It all helps a bunch! Just don't go breaking the bank! I did that this week and got hit with some nasty overdraft fees. :(

In relation to the name suggestions of the group, why not just simply call those who donate 'Contributors'.

We currently have Gold Supporters, Platinum Members, Admins and Moderators. So why not just call them Contributor? You could put that above those badges you designed so it reads -

Contributor
Legendary Dark Knight

or

Contributor
Proud Soul

Etc

That's just a suggestion.

I'm liking that idea! I think the inclusion of a 'Contributor' prefix is pretty much essential. I'll draft up a badge or two tomorrow and see how it looks.

With the new domain, would monthly donations still be necessary?

You know, I had a whole response written out before I realised that I probably misunderstood your question. For the sake of covering my bum and looking only a bit daft, I'll provide two answers:

With the new domain, nobody will be required to donate again if you don't want to. You won't be signed up to anything, and your email won't even be recorded so I won't be able to pester you in future.

However, with the new domain, I will still hope for donations as the price of the server rental will not change. My host will still charge the same fees each month, and I'll still have to keep on top of all the additional site costs while my bank account gets routinely dominated by bills (as is the case I'm sure for most everybody on this forum!)

It'd be a great way to start the new year. Maybe we could even dedicate it to DMC content like guides, videos, images, music, and other official materials that are all scattered about the whole or the internet. If we all contribute we could make it the one stop for all DM/mC content.

Love it! What I desperately do not want to do is kick off another DMC forum and splinter the community, but it would be great to have the site focussed more of allowing user-generated guides, strategies, and highlighting the best gameplay videos or whatnot. Having said that, I still love the idea of having us located at devilmaycry.net (again, there'd be no disruption and no need to transfer accounts or anything). It would open up a lot of doors, no matter which route we went, so that's cool. :)

Boom, 25 bucks donated.

As for a group color, I was thinking purple. Purple is the color of Sparda and the color of power, so why not make us feel powerful? :p

Sure thing! You're the first and only Contributor so far, so purple it is for now!

*looks at his avatar and signature* Yeah, purple. I can go with that. I was actually thinking purple anyway as it happens. But yeah, maybe we could vote on the colour between us contributors?

Sounds good to me! Obviously staff and Premium colours are taken, but whichever other colour you guys decide on is find by me!

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Alrighty, 25 buck comin' in!!! Gonna agree with Dreadnought, Purple is a great color for "Dark Knight" Contributors. (Though I'm a bit biased and will take every chance to make anything Teal Colored.)

Sounds good! It all helps a bunch! Just don't go breaking the bank! I did that this week and got hit with some nasty overdraft fees. :(
Youch! :eek: Hope it was too hard of a hit.

Also, @sssensational . That's a godly avatar you using now. Haven't laugh this hard since "El Dante"!!!

Top Bottom