• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Language

ok i have been wondering about this for a long time. you see i have a friend we have been together for 18 years now. we always studied together back when we were in school. and in every summer holiday he takes courses to learn English while i spent my summer holiday infront of my PC downloading and playing games. and i have realized something.

he spent a lot of time to learn English. he red a lot of books, listen to songs, watched a lot of movies, and took courses at summer. and got zero

while me i only play video games. listen to music and watch movies. and i get full mark.

on the other hand when we decided to learn Japanese. i worked really hard took some courses in summer holiday and took some lessons online and listened to Japanese songs and i also red there lyrics. but couldn't learn it. while my friend only watched a few animes and he speaks Japanese freely.

now the question is: why?

why couldn't my friend learn English?

and do you think that desire have someting to do with it?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Subconsciously you want to fail, that's why you have to revise so hard. If you put all that effort in and you have a tiny about of pessimism, you subconsciously fail. This is why I don't take time off the PC for exams. Just stay up for an hour before bed and do last minuet homework. XD

I think this is why anyway.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't know the reason - but it was similar for me when I was learning French and Spanish at school. Could not get a grip on French and I had extra lessons and everything. Spanish? No problem - and I barely studied at all. Maybe it's just one of those things?

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
I don't have that problem. I've been learning German for nearly 8 years now, practice it quite often and i'm amazing at it. I've started learning Japanese and i'm fairly good at it. English however, having been speaking it all my life and saying it permenantly, I cannot use that well.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
It has to do largely with the fact that formal courses in language just generally fail.

I am learning Japanese on my own time and am doing well.

Angel;162261 said:
I don't know the reason - but it was similar for me when I was learning French and Spanish at school. Could not get a grip on French and I had extra lessons and everything. Spanish? No problem - and I barely studied at all. Maybe it's just one of those things?

by one of those thing. do you mean that it is has something to do with our Genes. becuse i was talking about it with my older brother last night and he said that it is in our blood. we were borned with it. it is a natural thing we have. it is like walking and talking.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I dunno really - my mother, sister and father are all pretty good at languages but I suck.

Janny

Dines with dementia
Vauxchen-kun;162191 said:
Subconsciously you want to fail, that's why you have to revise so hard.
I agree, it's the same situation with me and French. I leaned English when I was a kid by watching cartoons, but I've studied French in school since forever and I still struggle and need extra courses.

I hate French with a passion, but I still wanted to learn it since it's useful, but I'm sure deep down I just want to drop the whole thing and forget about it...

Sparda™

This is a very well known 'problem', If I may call It so.

The thing is, some people like these languages, but can't learn them no matter how hard they try, and there are these languages that we don't like, but we learn them in a blur.

It just happens.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Black Dragon Knight;162190 said:
ok i have been wondering about this for a long time. you see i have a friend we have been together for 18 years now. we always studied together back when we were in school. and in every summer holiday he takes courses to learn English while i spent my summer holiday infront of my PC downloading and playing games. and i have realized something.

he spent a lot of time to learn English. he red a lot of books, listen to songs, watched a lot of movies, and took courses at summer. and got zero

while me i only play video games. listen to music and watch movies. and i get full mark.

on the other hand when we decided to learn Japanese. i worked really hard took some courses in summer holiday and took some lessons online and listened to Japanese songs and i also red there lyrics. but couldn't learn it. while my friend only watched a few animes and he speaks Japanese freely.

now the question is: why?

why couldn't my friend learn English?

and do you think that desire have someting to do with it?
The complex and stupid answer would go on forever.

The simple, and correct answer is that he's retarded.

Top Bottom