• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady's abilities

Viper

Premium
Did they go a little overboard with Lady's abilities... or is there something more to it?

Yes, she is said to be a descendant of a priestess, but other than having blood that closes and opens hellgates, what are their abilities?

Lady is shown to be quite agile, fast and strong. A single ordinary human could not fight their way through all those demons, harsh training or not. And then there was that scene in anime where she tosses Dante his large and heavy sword with ease (it wasn't him "calling" for his sword, Dante only raised his hand after it was already in air, just in time to catch it).

People becoming demons when the are in a certain mental state is a common thing in Japan's mythology. While Arkham became a devil through dark arts, what if Lady's thirst for revenge combined with her heritage made her a partial demon as well?

Even if it weren't true, and some things were just an oopsie from creators' side, just imagine the possibility for a second...

How would she react to it? What would her demonic form look like?

Or... and this is totally random... what if those priestesses were actually last of angels? And Lady's strength comes from her having angel blood?

Viper

Premium
I think she's highly trained, since she plotted to kill her father and hunt demons. But her strength apparently won't exceed humans, since she can't fight against Dante.
In that case her training would put any army to shame, cause those are some awesome moves, and not just against those expendable groups from the Hell family of demons, but bigger enemies like in anime. She might not be able to defeat Dante, but she looks like she would still give him quite a headache.

Okay, she already is giving him a headache, but that's a different type...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
In that case her training would put any army to shame, cause those are some awesome moves, and not just against those expendable groups from the Hell family of demons, but bigger enemies like in anime. She might not be able to defeat Dante, but she looks like she would still give him quite a headache.

Okay, she already is giving him a headache, but that's a different type...
lol. true. But remember she never was able to go on toes with him. Also don't forget DMC is highly over the top. So it most likely hugely exaggerated :D

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
A little overboard like, say, using a missile blast fired at the floor to vault herself higher into the air, before spiraling down from an absurd height and landing on her feet? Surely, you jest!

Although, I wouldn't blame that on Lady being overdone so much as the series consistent disregard for practical concepts like logic and physics. But, hey...that's the whole appeal of Devil May Cry anyway. And it made for a pretty cool cutscene.

Viper

Premium
Okay, she is human. Human that makes your eyes grow wide, and not just cause of her outfit.:D

Is there anyone out there that will step away from cold, hard facts for a second and entertain the thought of her being more than human and what impact it would have? C'mon people, imagine things...

berto

I Saw the Devil
We talked about this before. She is not just an ordinary human. Arkham, been a descendant of the woman Sparda sacrificed to seal the passage to hell, he also had powers he inherited from her from the start.

Apparently that woman, who was a priestess had divine powers, and now Lady has the ability to heal:
http://projectxzone.wikia.com/wiki/Lady

Grain of salt and all that, which cannot go usaid these days.

Reactions: Gel

Viper

Premium
We talked about this before. She is not just an ordinary human. Arkham, been a descendant of the woman Sparda sacrificed to seal the passage to hell, he also had powers he inherited from her from the start.

Apparently that woman, who was a priestess had divine powers, and now Lady has the ability to heal:
http://projectxzone.wikia.com/wiki/Lady

Grain of salt and all that, which cannot go usaid these days.
Well, it is true that she climbed her way up and little later try to fight Dante with a huge wound on her leg (and so shortly after a major blood loss). That kind of fast recovery was more than a bit odd for a human.

It is an entertaining thought to ask oneself, from where could have the priestess get her powers that she passed down? Was she actually of not entirely human heritage, or was it achieved through a ritual like so many individuals throughout the series?

This part I can't confirm, but I recall the blood had to come from a virgin... so in light of this I'm leaning more towards the theory of not entirely human heritage, as it would have to be her siblings that continue the line.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
This part I can't confirm, but I recall the blood had to come from a virgin... so in light of this I'm leaning more towards the theory of not entirely human heritage, as it would have to be her siblings that continue the line.
Actually not sure about this. It could have been before her children were born/conceived. In DMC3 we saw that ritual needs blood sacrifice, but it doesn't mean she has to die.

Viper

Premium
Actually not sure about this. It could have been before her children were born/conceived. In DMC3 we saw that ritual needs blood sacrifice, but it doesn't mean she has to die.
Probably yeah... people usually say she had to die, but that could have been the influence of movies with their virgin sacrifices that get stabbed in the heart.

Top Bottom