• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kyrie's Song

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Even though I go through patches where I watch the DMC4 cutscenes like a complete movie nearly on a daily basis, I've got no clue what the hell the words are to the song Kyrie sings in the intro. I'll catch a phrase or two, but the rest is all gibberish to my ears.

So, point of thread is, does anybody know the lyrics? Is anybody willing to try figure them out? I've tried, but it just goes right over my head (really bad sound quality).

Any takers?

mikka-chan

Listen to my voice calling you,
Pulling you out of darkness.
Hear the devil's cry of sin,
Always turn your back on him.

With the wind you go,
Still I dream of your spirit leading you back home.
I will give my gifts to you,
Grow your garden, watch it bloom.

The light in your eyes is an angel up high,
Fighting to ease the shadow side.
Hearts will grow though having to bend,
Leaving behind all things in the end.

Listen to my voice calling you,
Pulling you out of darkness.
Hear the devil's cry of sin,
Always turn your back on him.

mikka-chan

clairavance;198312 said:
Even though I go through patches where I watch the DMC4 cutscenes like a complete movie nearly on a daily basis, I've got no clue what the hell the words are to the song Kyrie sings in the intro. I'll catch a phrase or two, but the rest is all gibberish to my ears.

So, point of thread is, does anybody know the lyrics? Is anybody willing to try figure them out? I've tried, but it just goes right over my head (really bad sound quality).

Any takers?

haha!! i thought i was the only one! I'll watch it everyday on my way to work on my ipod XD it's such a joy to see Dante in high res, and not to mention, Nero too! =)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Aaaah!
:lol::lol:

LOL, yeah. When my kids get too much for me and I need to take a breather, I put it on for them. It shuts them up faster than a chocolate cookie, believe it or not (they'll still whine at me through mouthfuls). They like Kyrie's voice, I think. Or they like watching Nero kick ass. Either way, I'm happy, their happy, everyone wins.

Well, then, and then when there's nothing good on TV, or if I get fed up playing DMC4, I put it on the story theatre. Usually when Dante folds his arms and falls asleep, that's my cue that I've done enough playing for the day. LOL. I love it though, I keep waiting for him to fall over...but he just doesn't :mad:

Anyway! Back on topic - THANK YOU for the lyrics :D

mikka-chan

clairavance;198336 said:
Aaaah!
:lol::lol:

LOL, yeah. When my kids get too much for me and I need to take a breather, I put it on for them. It shuts them up faster than a chocolate cookie, believe it or not (they'll still whine at me through mouthfuls). They like Kyrie's voice, I think. Or they like watching Nero kick ass. Either way, I'm happy, their happy, everyone wins.

Well, then, and then when there's nothing good on TV, or if I get fed up playing DMC4, I put it on the story theatre. Usually when Dante folds his arms and falls asleep, that's my cue that I've done enough playing for the day. LOL. I love it though, I keep waiting for him to fall over...but he just doesn't :mad:

Anyway! Back on topic - THANK YOU for the lyrics :D

haha!!! u're turning ur kids into little fangirls and/or fanboys!! ahh, i actually quite like "out of darkness" (kyrie's song), her voice is very soothing and sweet! =)

haha! i tried watching DMC on story theatre mode, it really feels like watching a movie! =D (it's better than any other dvd i owned. haha!) ahh, which cutscene is that from? is it the last one where he's waiting for Nero? ^^;

My favourite cutscene of Dante is the one where he acts in a play along with Agnus XDDDDD That scene had me dying of laughter. XDDDDDD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
mikka-chan;198357 said:
ahh, which cutscene is that from? is it the last one where he's waiting for Nero? ^^;

My favourite cutscene of Dante is the one where he acts in a play along with Agnus XDDDDD That scene had me dying of laughter. XDDDDDD

You mean when Dante falls asleep standing up? It's not a cutscene. If you leave the game idle for a bit, he'll either keep looking around, or he'll fold his arms and fall asleep.

And yeah, that's my favourite cutscene too! The confetti is just such a cool touch, LOL! :lol:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
lol yeah, those were probably the two best things in the game, besides that one taunt Nero has where he does air guitar! :lol: Too bad I can't finish it before getting hit... :dry:

mikka-chan

ohh!!! haha, i just went back to replay with Dante and finally saw him nodding off XD i must have slave drived Dante so much while trying to rush through the game that he didn't even have time to fall asleep. XD

lol yeah, those were probably the two best things in the game, besides that one taunt Nero has where he does air guitar! Too bad I can't finish it before getting hit...

lol! i just went to google that taunt! i always thought Nero has only 3 taunts, "what did you say?", "Shall we dance?" and "Come on!" XD That goes to show how unstylish my Nero has been. XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Meh. You just need to not use automatic mode, if you use it that is. I think it's cheap. Plus, auto mode tends to not let you get your rank up...

mikka-chan

DreadnoughtDT;198525 said:
Meh. You just need to not use automatic mode, if you use it that is. I think it's cheap. Plus, auto mode tends to not let you get your rank up...

ah, i don't use auto mode, but it never occurred to me that taunting the enemy while u have a style rank would result in a different taunt lol.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
DreadnoughtDT;198525 said:

o_O WHAT?!?!
I thought auto mode makes it EASIER to get your rank up. Flip, no wonder I suck so bad. I'll try the next mission pure Dante (without the auto)... should I be scared? Isn't it harder to do combos when you're not on auto?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You shouldn't be scared. See, with either character, auto mode tends to make them do the wrong move. Like, there will be a Scarecrow in the air, Nero will jump up to attack it, and it'll be on the ground already with Nero swinging like a madman, hitting only air. In fact, all you need to do is vary your moveset. Like, follow up a stinger with a few shots from Pandora, and only use Dance Macabre if you know you won't get hit, yadda yadda yadda. You'll be fine! I promise. ;)

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
My daughter loves that song, too. Whenever she's crying I'll put the song on and she'll fall asleep! Now that I have the lyrics, I can sing to her instead of getting out my iHome.

Also, I always assumed she was singing a Kyrie, which is what I'm singing in choir at my collage. It's really peaceful music.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
NotSoAwesomeFaise;202218 said:
My daughter loves that song, too. Whenever she's crying I'll put the song on and she'll fall asleep! Now that I have the lyrics, I can sing to her instead of getting out my iHome.

Amen to that! Only problem I have with that is I can't sing too well, but lucky my kids aren't at the age where they can throw comments at my bad singing voice just yet.^_^

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
clairavance;202543 said:
Amen to that! Only problem I have with that is I can't sing too well, but lucky my kids aren't at the age where they can throw comments at my bad singing voice just yet.^_^
Haha. My daughter's five so if I hit the wrong note she'll tell me, and she isn't nice about, either. :lol:

Also, an interesting tidbit, my name's Mary, my husband's name is Dante and our daughter is named Eve. :lol: If we ever have a son, we're thinking of naming him Nero or Vergil. XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
NotSoAwesomeFaise;202650 said:
Haha. My daughter's five so if I hit the wrong note she'll tell me, and she isn't nice about, either. :lol:

Also, an interesting tidbit, my name's Mary, my husband's name is Dante and our daughter is named Eve. :lol: If we ever have a son, we're thinking of naming him Nero or Vergil. XD

o_O Wow, that is....weird! In a cool way! I wish my parents had stuck to giving me a short and sweet name instead of the long blaish overrated mediocre name they decided to tack onto me >_< And *snaps fingers* gosh darn it! I THOUGHT your username looked familiar. Thanks for reviewing my fic :D

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
clairavance;202663 said:
o_O Wow, that is....weird! In a cool way! I wish my parents had stuck to giving me a short and sweet name instead of the long blaish overrated mediocre name they decided to tack onto me >_< And *snaps fingers* gosh darn it! I THOUGHT your username looked familiar. Thanks for reviewing my fic :D
I wanted to name her Eva, but my husband went "That's taking it TOO far. Eve, Eva, what's the difference?" I gave my a major sad. T.T Well, then, I should consider myself lucky, since my brother's name has the whole English alphabet in it at LEAST once. :lol: And no problem. It's actually nice seeing some yaoi DMC fics (not that I'm complaining or anything XD). It's just a really nice change of pace.

Top Bottom