• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Konami Sans Kojima

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Alright, although the title suggests otherwise, you can talk about Kojima in this thread.

You're able to discuss anything related to Konami, as well. Whether it be Castlevania, MGS, ZoE, or del Toro's Silent Hills.

Have at you!

top-10-hammy-video-games-dracula-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night.jpg

Wait, I meant... have at it. :D

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
cool designs, cool stories, cool games.. not fond of MGS games --impatient, but a friend loved it so much and i trust his taste..

what exactly did kojima do in Lords of Shadow?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Massive Mgs fan my favorite series of all time next to DMC , played all of em and can't wait for The phantom pain

also love zone of the enders and castlevania

Viper

Premium
Huge fan of Metal Gear series, though I sadly couldn't play anything newer than MGS2 (blasted economy). As much as Kojima and his team liked to complicate, and as much as people like to roll eyes at it, the story is one of the most amazing ones I know of, with so much diversity, so many details to analyze and so many little hints to catch.

From other games...

I played first Zone of the Enders, it was one of the first games I actually bought myself, and I loved every moment of it despite being terrible at playing. The first scene when I was thrust into battle, confused just like my character was, will forever remain in my memories.

I have yet to get Policenauts, but Snatcher was certainly an awesome adventure. My fingers still ache when I remember the shooting parts. XD

448039_gill2_super.jpg

absolitude

gave some tips on Gabriel design

wow.. i'm speechless

EDIT :

Huge fan of Metal Gear series, though I sadly couldn't play anything newer than MGS2 (blasted economy). As much as Kojima and his team liked to complicate, and as much as people like to roll eyes at it, the story is one of the most amazing ones I know of, with so much diversity, so many details to analyze and so many little hints to catch.

From other games...

I played first Zone of the Enders, it was one of the first games I actually bought myself, and I loved every moment of it despite being terrible at playing. The first scene when I was thrust into battle, confused just like my character was, will forever remain in my memories.

man, can we just make a petition for ZoE sequel? i don't mind skipping the first two games, a mech game on the current gen by kojima, man, man, man.. and i love how he respects pc with him giving his attention to the pc port.. the way he posted a photo of the mgrr port on the process, and saying it looks good (and plays good too), could hope he would port it if it's ever going to be made..

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
*shrugs* I saw people complain about this and that, last time I was on a MGS forum it was mostly about everyone being connected and spinning around Big Boss who was made tragic anti-hero with newer games (he was a terrorist in first two Metal Gears). There also seemed to have been a strange divide for some time in which it was popular among male fans to dislike MGS post 2, while the game's popularity from 3 onwards skyrocketed among females.
Like I said, story is very rich in detail, and quite quirky at times, so it doesn't sit well with everyone.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm not into Metal Gear, but after playing MGR I'm intrigued and wanna know more about the universe.

I'm not very into the stealth genre and the only franchise I truly enjoy is Splinter Cell. But I've heard a lot of good things about MGS and MGR kinda gave me the final push.

Viper

Premium
man, can we just make a petition for ZoE sequel? i don't mind skipping the first two games, a mech game on the current gen by kojima, man, man, man.. and i love how he respects pc with him giving his attention to the pc port.. the way he posted a photo of the mgrr port on the process, and saying it looks good (and plays good too), could hope he would port it if it's ever going to be made..

Ah sorry, just seen this.
Umm, I don't think making petition would help much. Kojima did express interest in ZoE3, but legally the game belongs to Konami, for whom Kojima no longer will work as soon as his contract expires, and it's their call what to do with it.

absolitude

Oh, and also he handled Japanese release.

somehow it didn't help with me being speechless.. come to think of it, how was lords of shadow reception in Japan?

Ah sorry, just seen this.
Umm, I don't think making petition would help much. Kojima did express interest in ZoE3, but legally the game belongs to Konami, for whom Kojima no longer will work as soon as his contract expires, and it's their call what to do with it.

arghhh.. but since kojima had interest in it, maybe he'll come up on his own with a new IP.. i hope

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not into Metal Gear, but after playing MGR I'm intrigued and wanna know more about the universe.

I'm not very into the stealth genre and the only franchise I truly enjoy is Splinter Cell. But I've heard a lot of good things about MGS and MGR kinda gave me the final push.

splinter cell is based on pure stealth where as MGS is optional , you can be a ghost and do pure stealth and not kill anyone including bosses or you can make it an action game and destroy everything in 3rd of 1st person and you can have fun with stealth camo and troll the soldiers

plus the bosses are so unique it is crazy

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Loved MGS, especially MGS3. Peace Walker... meh, somehow the story and characters just weren't appealing to me.
MGS2 was nice too.

I'm wondering what Konami is going to do with the MGS series, since I heard they would continue it. I dunno, it could be good. Quite frankly, I didn't like Peace Walker, didn't like anything about its story, and Ground Zeroes seems a bit too serious and 'western' for my tastes. I dunno, it just didn't feel quite right. Metal Gear Solid was always about planning and taking advantage of the environment, but I found that lacking in Ground Zeroes. Plenty of times I would just bump into a guard that was randomly patrolling far away from where he was supposed to be, and had no patrolling 'pattern'. Meh, Kojima wanted to quit the series with MGS4, I think he's had enough involvement with it.
I'm more interested in Metal Gear Rising at the moment. It was already a pretty awesome game, you could actually do quite some nice combos, and the presentation (soundtrack, visuals) was great. Heck, I even appreciated its simple story, even though the acting was pretty subpar sometimes.

Don't know what Kojima's plans are now. Maybe he can start his own development studio... it would only make his games better, no doubt.

Top Bottom