• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kojima's online zombie game

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
Hey guys i just found out that Kojima make online zombie game

here's the Link
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158286

34110_lzkke39y3j_m.jpg

well... what do you think?:D

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sounds like the guy has gone off his rocker, pay to subscribe, pay to kill some zombies, then pay to watch your dude get turned into a zombie, and then pay to lose control of your character and watch it attack other people?

Sounds terrible, also sounds like an infinitely worse version of Left 4 Dead, sure Kojima, it may be an original idea, but it sucks, I think he should just pull out of the gaming industry, because the Metal Gear series was clearly his opus, and he's not going to do any better.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
He has been wanting to do this idea for sometime. It was inspired by Dawn of the Dead. He also does the ZOE games.

It would be a bit costly though, but it is still very original.

Gunslinger55

I can't say that this idea is gonna go anywhere. Kojima is basically wanting us to pay to watch us become zombies and let the game take over. I fail to see the fun in that.

That, and I think games these days are getting over saturated with the zombie concept. I mean, you have Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, not to mention loads of MODS that you'd find for Half-Life and the like, and this begs the question of if people are gonna groan at seeing another zombie game, regardless if its from someone like Hideo Kojima.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I think Kojima-san is joking of course.

And no Creedo, Kojima-san should not leave the gaming industry. He should make a damn ZOE 3 for the PS3.....and the 360 too I guess. Kojima-san is one of the few gaming devs I actually respect nowadays. Honestly, people rides on Gabe Newell and his Half Life and Portal games' balls hard and act like he something special or something but Kojima is consistantly dissed. I smell haters.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Somehow, I keep forgetting about ZoE, and yet it's one of my all time favourite series of games, meh, I don't hate the guy, I just think that if he's seriously considering making a game like this, then...Well, he's clearly gone nuts, and his time is pretty much over.
I love MGS, I love ZoE, I don't hate Kojima at all, but seriously, if this is the best that he can come up with...Well, yeah, I'll say no more on the matter to be honest.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
I actually think Kojima is taking this serious, but making it 'possibly' seem a joke to see if anyone actually would be interested i.e easily fall back on a joking statement incase people took it serious.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I know Kojima-san is pretty....eccentric, but I dont think he's THAT crazy to truly be serious on that idea. Hell, a five year old even knows that it sounds pretty crazy. Although I respect Kojima-san, I barely take half his words seriously. Remember when he said that MGS2 was going to be the last MGS game? Yeah right....

I dont even think that he is trying to get a feel for the idea either by seeing the comments for the idea.

Also, look at the year of the posted article on the link...2007.
Dont you think we would of heard something about it by now?

Now, it may seem like I'm dick riding Kojima-san....I'm not, but I'm just reading between the lines. LOL.

Shnit, g2g...sigh...

Tawsie

Give Me More...
I read a magazine article a while back when he first mentioned this idea, I think I still have the magazine, I'll go look for it.
EDIT:
Found it, it was in a MGS4 Interview. Here it is;
"The zombie idea I have is a bit different. Imagine a large town where half the inhabitants are zombies. Users would subscribe, get inside the town and get bitten. At that stage they become undead and can't control their character - all they can do is modify the camera angles... They'd see their character attacking humans and have to pay just to watch! The only way they could end it is by opening another account, hunting themselves down and killing themselves. Of course, the problem is that your second character can get bitten as well."
In response to what life after MGS will hold.
EDIT 2: Never mind, it was the same interview reverenced to in the link in the first post.

Top Bottom