• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Dark Drakan

Admin
I like how the clothes get covered in blood and mud from battle and the armour looks rather impressive and I like how its not just for aethstetic purposes, each piece actually serves a purpose.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

Daniel Vavra wearing a T-shirt of the Laughing man of Ghost in the Shell!

The first person riding looks pretty sick and finally they are gonna show us how the first person combat works next update.

Last edited:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
There's no female character creation so that's a real disappointment. No variety in the gender of the protagonist.

Yeah although you can play as one you can't specifically make your character as a female because they are going on for realism. In this kind of era, female fighters are rare and that is because of the sexism during that time.

It's 1st person view only & that makes any character creation kinda pointless if you can't admire your own creation.
I'd like a 3rd person view option at least.

They say that your character will appear all the time in the cutscenes and dialogues so you can see what he looks like though. 3rd person view as far as i'm concern can be easily unlocked by modders in the PC version. Console users who are very big fans of third person view will have to stick with first person unfortunately.

3. No fantasy, no dragons, elves, trolls, wizards, or supernatural elements whatsoever when Skyrim, DragonAge3, DarkSouls 2, etc etc offers this & more.

It's an uphill climb for Kingdom Come: Deliverance in these areas.
I mean the 3 points alone makes it less of a wanna buy for me.
It looks amazing, the combat looks great & utilizes strategy, but it lacks the 3 flavors i want in games.

We all love dragons but i think it's good that they are focusing on a realistic mediaval RPG this time. I mean we are getting Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition anyway xD

Dark Drakan

Admin
Here comes the big one guys @Dark Drakan @VampireWicked

So what do you think of the combat?

Love the realism, its not a fantasy game so I am happy they are going for accuracy and realism as no point sitting on the fence between the two. Even in alpha I like the concepts of the combat and its style and look forward to seeing it when its more polished and the collision detection is a little more stable. Could have some rather strategic skirmishes with the enemy AI if they get the balance right and I hope the wounds you inflict hinder them in combat. Been waiting for a game where the AI react realistically to limb damage and arrow wounds. Would love to be able to hit them with arrow in a limb and have them limp or react realistically to the hit then run in and finish them with a sword/axe etc. Wonder if they will include much in the way of gore if they are going for realism.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Yeah, and seems the next update is the castle sieges. I wonder if we will have a full control to our own army though. Which means probably some RTS elements.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah, and seems the next update is the castle sieges. I wonder if we will have a full control to our own army though. Which means probably some RTS elements.

They said that a certain mode may give you 'some' control but I wouldnt be expecting to be commanding units at will in main game as your meant to be a small part of a bigger war.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Another interesting video, lots of companies try to capture the 'living AI' feel but never quite manage it and be interesting to see how close they get to this. I like the concepts they have and the same sort of thing was attempted in Elder Scrolls games but never quite got there and in comparison the towns seemed sort of lacking in 'life'. The towns in this at least 'look' alive and nice to know that AI wont sit around waiting for you to bring them quest items etc but this can have its own issues too. For example if AI get stuck on scenery or for some reason wander off their set path and get into trouble with enemies and end up dying or you being unable to actually find them in the game world. So be interesting to see how they combat the issues of AI having individual roles to play and varying paths they can take in the world.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Indeed. Thank Akatosh there's the interesting NPCs and inconsequential NPCs but then again they are mods.
This is also what the Witcher 3 : Wild hunt is trying to aim with a vast living open world with polish. I really hope this gen, they can deliver their promise of an actual "living AI" or at least where the world really feel alive.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Kingdom Come: Deliverance confirmed for PS4 and Xbox One as well as PC. They have already received their Xbox One dev kits (they did unboxing video) with PS4 kits to follow. Also if they hit £1 million mark the game will include a dog companion that will accompany you through the game and also help in combat.
  • If you backed a tier with digital copy of the game, you can choose any platform you want, on any tier.
  • If you backed a tier with boxed copy and want a console version, we can send you the box and other goodies, depending on your tier. If at all possible, we will give you the disk with the game, otherwise you will get the digital version.
  • The Alpha version access is confirmed for Windows version only. We are working with other platform holders to see if it could be made available there, but we cannot promise anything yet.
  • The Beta access will be available on Windows, Linux and Mac at least; it may also be available on consoles but we cannot confirm it yet.
The games kickstarter currently stands at 29,652 Backers who have pledged a total of £942,979 and there is still 37 hours to go until pledges are stopped.​

Dark Drakan

Admin
It has smashed the £1 million mark and now stands at 32,716 Backers £1,032,788 with 12 hours to go so seems the dog companion has been confirmed.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well the kickstarter has come to an end and they managed to raise a little more than their £300,000 goal and actually raised a whopping £1,106,016 thanks to 35,384 backers.

They have issued a thank you letter to all who have shown faith in the game already.

A month ago, we were all pretty nervous. After almost two years of struggle, we faced a do-or-die situation. There was no other chance to get financing for our game than doing a crowd-funding campaign. No publisher was willing to risk their money on a weird, historical game for a “niche” audience. No investor was going to step in without proof that their investment was going to pay off.

It wasn’t all hopeless; we had research that proved that the ideas of our game were resonating with gamers. But other voices were skeptical – “Kickstarter’s popularity is waning.” “The Olympics will sap our coverage.” “We’re not true indies – Kickstarter isn’t for people like us…”

I was very nervous. I had done my homework. I had studied all the unsuccessful campaigns that asked for more than US$500,000, and I knew a lot about the campaigns for projects similar to ours that managed to raise way over one million dollars. Those that didn’t had done something wrong, or their games just weren’t good enough. But was our game good enough?

And what about the press? Were they going to like it? Hadn’t they seen things much better behind closed doors? Some unannounced, next-gen, big-budget RPG we could never compete with? Were they going to be interested in a weird game from a little studio from some small country far, far away?

Then there were our fellow citizens in the Czech Republic – the most skeptical and sarcastic nation on the planet: “You are crazy! Who is going to be interested in history! In OUR history! Nobody cares about us!”

Hell, we even had problems finding a PR agency to represent us. We tried to hire several two months before the campaign, but everyone basically ignored us. Everyone told us that they don’t do Kickstarters – that press doesn’t cover Kickstarter projects anymore. Luckily, we met Corey Wade from US agency Sandbox Strategies, who believed in the project and quickly brought in Claudia Kuehl and Patrick Schroder from DELASOCIAL to focus on Germany. They got us in front of the press and thankfully the journalists responded positively and posted thoughtful previews of the game early in the Kickstarter campaign.

It took us a whole weekend to shoot the Kickstarter video with me telling the story. It was a last minute recording, and we did it in English knowing that, if my accent was too thick, it could have a terrible impact. I’m not a native speaker - how could our video compete with their awesome work?

That’s what was in our minds when we pressed that green PUBLISH button on our Kickstarter page one month ago…

The day we launched our campaign, I woke up in the morning to find we were the lead article on the front page of GameSpot, with our artwork all over the screen. Wow. And there was so much more to come. The response from gamers was even better. Better than we could ever wish for. It became clear that there are quite a few people out there who have similar tastes in games to our own.

The main “reason” we were rejected by all the publishers turned out to be totally false. Not only do people not need fantasy or magic or dragons to enjoy a game, they desperately want games without them! Along the way, we were fortunate to receive support and promotion for the game from such personas as Chris Roberts, Brian Fargo, Sven Vincke, and others. It’s really been one helluva ride.

We have raised almost 400% of our original goal. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is among the 30 most-funded Kickstarter projects of all time and in the top 15 of videogame projects. We have 35 thousand backers, with an average pledge of US$52. Our YouTube channel has more than a million views.

Simply said: You are awesome! Thank You!

So, what’s next? Now we have to make the game! We feel a lot of responsibility and obligation to deliver on our vision after so many people put so much of their trust into our project. It’s going to be hard to satisfy all those expectations, but we will do all we can not to disappoint you.

I will finally have time to sit down with the designers and start writing the quests and storyline. Next month, we will be joined by twelve new colleagues (some of them quite experienced senior developers from the recently disbanded 2K Czech studio in Prague). In just a few months, we plan to grow to more than 50 people, so we can make the big game we first dreamed of.

Of course, we will continue to openly blog about development, as we have in the past. Since we don’t need to hide anything anymore, it should be even more interesting. You can follow our blog here.

And if you want to stay informed about what is going on, please follow our: Facebook page, Twitter and YouTube channel.

We will also continue to raise money on our own webpage, where you will be able to get most of the same, terrific rewards and early access to the game, if for whatever reason you didn’t or couldn’t pledge in the past month. Our shop will accept PayPal and Amazon Payments, as many of you asked. We will continue to add new stretch goals as we can.

As promised, we will release an Alpha version in about six months to all those who pledged Baron-level support and higher, and we’ll be carefully looking at your feedback on our forums, which are open to all of our backers. By mid-2015, we should release the Beta, followed by the final version of Act I.

So, on behalf of the whole team, thank you again for your generous support and enthusiasm. Now, if you’ll excuse us, we are going to have a little celebration!

Cheers!

Dan Vávra Creative Director, Warhorse Studios

Top Bottom