• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kamiya's opinion on DmC ( once and for all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I drew a conclusion once, now it's hanging in the Louvre.

*ahem* After reading the article, I was pretty much correct in my interpretations from day one. Someone said "I miss your Dante" and when he replied "I do, too" people took it as his derision of DmC's version, but no, it was as the guy who created Dante and was only on DMC's development for the first game - he was saying he missed the very first one :/

But hey! That's what irate fans did, took stuff out of context and put words in peoples' mouths.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
That moment when fanboys think Kamiya is talking about DMC3/4 Dante when he says he "misses Old Dante", when in fact he really means DMC1 Dante, i.e., his original vision of the character.:rolleyes:

It's just another instance of Devil May Crybabies trying to use some form of authorataive ammunition to project justified hate propaganda against the reboot. Rather than point out subjective and personal fallacies they may have with the game like normal people, they're desperate to find irredeemable proof that DmC is an objective and certified failure. Reminds me of when fanboys were screeching about how no one on Ninja Theory knew anything about Devil May Cry, subsequently before DONNiE emerged on the forums and revealed how he and many other of NT's employees hopped on board because they were Devil May Cry fans to begin with.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
That moment when fanboys think Kamiya is talking about DMC3/4 Dante when he says he "misses Old Dante", when in fact he really means DMC1 Dante, i.e., his original vision of the character.:rolleyes:

It's just another instance of Devil May Crybabies trying to use some form of authorataive ammunition to project justified hate propaganda against the reboot. Rather than point out subjective and personal fallacies they may have with the game like normal people, they're desperate to find irredeemable proof that DmC is an objective and certified failure. Reminds me of when fanboys were screeching about how no one on Ninja Theory knew anything about Devil May Cry, subsequently before DONNiE emerged on the forums and revealed how he and many other of NT's employees hopped on board because they were Devil May Cry fans to begin with.
And some of those people are also the people to accuse those who don't get in on their hatred of being "fake Devil May Cry fans".

A large majority of fans aren't fans of Dante to me. They're fans of DMC 3/4 and that's it. And those versions of Dante are nothing but obnoxious juvenile shadows of the cocky laid back professional from the original game. The one that owned his cheese and rolled perfectly with it. Like a demon hunting anime version of Ash from Evil Dead. The one I always knew and loved.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't think Kamiya gives a damn about DmC, NT or Capcom in the first place. I highly suspect it won't matter to him whether it exists or not.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I still laugh when people try to make Kamiya hate DmC, but he's like I don't give a f***!.
You know the guy couldn't give less of a f*** about these forum debates and heated arguments when his input was demanded for one of those ComicVine "Who Would Win?" fanboy debates on a fight between Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, Amaterasu and Dante. His answer? Amaterasu. What's the logic behind that? Absurd power levels? Previous feats? Comparable abilities?
Nope. Everyone would just lose because they'd "succumb to Ami's cuteness."

You gotta love how literally refuses to take this crap seriously as the raging mouth-breathers on the Internet do, even when it concerns his own creations.

Judge

Devil May Cry 1 is his baby, he's made it clear he misses the original Dante dearly. Without him and his team there would be no Dante, no manga, no sequels, none of that.

He knows that, yet he also knows that the franchise has changed and its not his place to dicate the next step for the franchise anymore.

He simply wants fans to enjoy it for what it is. Whether DMC4 or DmC, neither of those game are cotinuing his original game or his Dante, yet he wants fans to appreciate the games for what they are.

Reactions: Gel

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Personally, I like Nocturne's Dante a lot more than the original... and they weren't even trying. He was just an extra boss/party member.

That's just how good Atlus is at writing their characters -- even their minimal efforts trump anything Kamiya can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom