• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just how is the game slow?

TyIquan_DmC

We're talking about inconsequential transitions between attacks, here. I simply don't find it a first world problem in the grand scheme of things. I don't find it jarring to look at, glitchy looking, or whatever. It's simply something that wasn't added in.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
We're talking about inconsequential transitions between attacks, here. I simply don't find it a first world problem in the grand scheme of things. I don't find it jarring to look at, glitchy looking, or whatever. It's simply something that wasn't added in.
Your right, it is something they just didn't add in. But what reason do they have for not adding it in? Why couldn't they have spent more time and added it in to please more people?
Also transitions aren't the only thing, and it may not annoy you but many others can be annoyed. I just feel being so forgiving with these things will in the end lower standards. What's the point in having a game 6 years later and moving backwards from what was done well previously? It's not impossible to do everything that was done right before, improve upon them and also add new things.

I do apologize if I am being too nitpicky, but imo we should be in order to make developers make more refined games in the future.

TyIquan_DmC

Now that you mention it, I remember Capcom/NT saying they didn't want those in this game. They said that NT would actually do all of that extra stuff and they didn't want it, in order to make the game more responsive.

So I guess it's got something to do with the framerate in relation to the speed.

Soupie

Now that you mention it, I remember Capcom/NT saying they didn't want those in this game. They said that NT would actually do all of that extra stuff and they didn't want it, in order to make the game more responsive.

So I guess it's got something to do with the framerate in relation to the speed.

Opportunity cost for running the game at 30 FPS? Can anyone ascertain if this is a possible case?

WorkenOnMaLeft

i will say that the JC spam in DMC4 wasnt very "skillfull" in my opinion all people did was pick the moves with the quickest start up speeds like yamatos first two hits of its air combo, the first 2-3 hits of air rave, or gilgameshs dive kick thing and basically just hit that button and jump back and forth until you get bored so i personally never got what was so skillfull about cheesing jump cause thats all it really is and this is really the only thing that cant be be done in DmC. but whatever i guess this is just one of those things in games that will infinitly be debated.

ChaserTech

I agree it isnt cheating or in any way unfair (especially the just frames). but i will say that the JC spam in DMC4 wasnt very "skillfull" all people did was pick the moves withquickest start up speeds like yamatos first two hits of its air combo, the first 2-3 hits of air rave, or gilgameshs dive kick thing and basically just hit that buton and jump back and forth until you get bored so i personally never got what was so skillfull about cheesing jump cause thats all it really is and this is really the only thing that cant be be done in DmC

You don't need to JC in DmC in order to achieve the same thing in DmC. You can stay in the air without it since the game was programmed for Dante to stay in the air.
Plus there's a difference between this:
And this:

One requires way more skill than the other.

WorkenOnMaLeft

i am perfectly aware of the difference i never said you need this sort of JC in DmC it doesnt look like you can since there is no instant attacks like the ones i listed (that was probably intentional) but notice how all the moves i mentioned were the ones he used in the dante vid (though it was impressive il admit). still the point i was trying to make is that those long jump cancel combos arent as hard as people seem to think since the moves i mentioned are so fast that you press the style button and it connects practically instantly so as i said it becomes a simple back and forth between that and the jump button. while in DmC you have to memorize how many frames it takes for an attack to connect, for example you can cancel out of the arbiters air tremor if your timing is right.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
while in DmC you have to memorize how many frames it takes for an attack to connect, for example you can cancel out of the arbiters air tremor if your timing is right.
That's the exact same as DMC4's Split/Helm breaker. I feel it's a little unfair to compare something like Yamato's air slash to a completely different move. That being said, JC is still much easier in DmC imo because of the huge hitbox it has and the fact the JC in it's self keeps the enemy in the air as well as the hit, so you can be slower at it and still connect repeated attacks.

WorkenOnMaLeft

That's the exact same as DMC4's Split/Helm breaker. I feel it's a little unfair to compare something like Yamato's air slash to a completely different move. That being said, JC is still much easier in DmC imo because of the huge hitbox it has and the fact the JC in it's self keeps the enemy in the air as well as the hit, so you can be slower at it and still connect repeated attacks.
well i brought that arbiter move up cause its seems to have the trickiest timing, theres really nothing thats as quick as the yamatos air slash in DmC (or really in any DMC as far as i know). yes it is easier in DmC but as you said its much harder to use it effectively since you can spam it all day if you want but it wont matter if none of the hits are connectting.

Top Bottom