• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Just Because THIS.... Doesn't Mean THAT..."

Goldsickle

Sometimes, it's just best to wait for when more information comes out, rather than to continue arguing with little information.

A lot of people were arguing that RE3.5 was cancelled due to executive meddling and for a long time, that assumption was the "general knowledge".
Years later, the writer for that game revealed that it was mostly cancelled because of disc space limitations and implied that the game could have been completed if it wasn't for that issue.

Thanks to this bit of info, I was able to debunk a lot of people who assumed that RE3.5 was cancelled because the staff/execs/etc. hated the idea.

in other words, there's no point in arguing right?
A lot of people keep coming to conclusions that "arguing is pointless" or "stupid" because nothing conclusive comes out of it and so on but I feel that the people who keep saying this are just not good at it.

With the right information and timing for the rebuttal, you can totally shut up the other side.
Even if the other side stays stubborn, you know it works when they start ranting about you whenever they can and are extra cautious about posting and rarely respond directly to you.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
A lot of people keep coming to conclusions that "arguing is pointless" or "stupid" because nothing conclusive comes out of it and so on but I feel that the people who keep saying this are just not good at it.

With the right information and timing for the rebuttal, you can totally shut up the other side.
Even if the other side stays stubborn, you know it works when they start ranting about you whenever they can and are extra cautious about posting and rarely respond directly to you.

well yeah, could be one of the reasons, but i personally see people who're less likely to argue as being more mature.. and people who enjoys arguing as competitive, if not sociopath, so be careful there too much of anything is never good

Goldsickle

but i personally see people who're less likely to argue as being more mature..
I know when not to start crap when someone posts a personal opinion.

But if someone starts posting false information, like the "Capcom is a sinking ship because of 152 million left in bank" or "Capcom is getting taken over soon", then someone's getting paddled.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Let's be honest here, how many times do people actually stop and go "You know what, you're right, and I was wrong. Thinking about it, I'd say I was being an imbecile."

Realistically that hardly ever happens. People that don't wish to argue aren't doing so simply because they can't hold a solid point together, it's more so that it's deemed an unnecessary waste of their time, and there's more important things to worry oneself about.

Goldsickle

Realistically that hardly ever happens.
It happens.
You must also be tactful when correcting someone.

Like saying:

"Kamiya doesn't actually hate Capcom"

Instead of:

"You're a dumbass for thinking that Kamiya hates Capcom"

I try to keep things civil for as long as possible.
But when people start turning to insults, fallacies or "just because, doesn't mean", then it's on.

Keaton

Premium
I've been having some 'passionate' discussions regarding Sony's unvieling of it's new 3D/AR Tech, it it most recently did boil down to the other party saying 'well we can all have opinions'. But ye'see, that's the difference between a 'passionate discussion' and an outright flame war...I don't hate my friend at the end of it :D

We exchanged points and left it at a point where we both didn't need to continue.
And then we posted up pictures of our cats.

Good times were had.

Top Bottom