• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Joker Origin Revealed? (Spoilers)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Technically, his original origin (in the killing joke comic) was that he was a comedian who was down on his luck... then he fell into a vat of acid (I think).

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well what happen with the whole face being torn off thing ?
J5yTi63.png
Why was that rebooted?

It healed back, due to him using something called dynesium (don't know the correct spelling). He came back during endgame and fabricated someone called the "Laughing man", a person who was around since like forever. He and Bruce "died" in that arc as well. Both came back recently, at least batman did, joker is still up in the air.

That was from memory, so there might be missing bits.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

Sweet.
And it was rebooted ?
the story wasn't rebooted if that's what you're asking lol. this is one of the few recent DC stories that's universally praised. even when they reboot their continuity again in a few years, i bet this story will remain in contunuity, much like killing joke and death in the family remained in continuity when DC made the new 52.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I would admit I didnt see it coming:blush: but its a good play on the Killing joke quote "If i would have a past, I rather it be multiple choice":cool:.

No idea how they are gonna use all three but thats what the new Batman writer is being paid for...:devil:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
3 of them? Huh, well it's less controversial then evil Cap....
@DreadnoughtDT I think you're confused with the Jason Tood Red Hood, who's an anti-hero (Currently, has been a villain).
Joker, when he was the Red Hood, was just some poor guy who was pressured by crooks, to dress up, so they could use him as a fall guy, the rest of what you said was true

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I would admit I didnt see it coming:blush: but its a good play on the Killing joke quote "If i would have a past, I rather it be multiple choice":cool:.

No idea how they are gonna use all three but thats what the new Batman writer is being paid for...:devil:
the guy who's writing

THIS
The_Vision_1_Cover.jpg

is the new batman writer. i guarantee that whatever he does with this new angle on the joker(s) will be scary, twisted, and amazing

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
3 of them? Huh, well it's less controversial then evil Cap....
@DreadnoughtDT I think you're confused with the Jason Tood Red Hood, who's an anti-hero (Currently, has been a villain).
Joker, when he was the Red Hood, was just some poor guy who was pressured by crooks, to dress up, so they could use him as a fall guy, the rest of what you said was true
Thats where Jason Todd got the idea from (or rather the writer behind his return).

the guy who's writing

THIS
The_Vision_1_Cover.jpg

is the new batman writer. i guarantee that whatever he does with this new angle on the joker(s) will be scary, twisted, and amazing
I've been meaning to check him out because i've heard good things about his other work (Grayson, Omega men, Sheriff of Babylon)

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
i keep hearing that sheriff of babylon is amazing. i just picked it up today, so i'll see how it fairs

well...DC's been trying to push him as one for the past 5 years
No the JASON TODD Red Hood is an anti-hero (currently) the JOKER Red Hood, was set up as a fall guy

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Do any of you feel like the already made comic films kinda locks the comics into a set origin?
Depends on the character because the lesser known ones tend more malleable. Like Mr freeze wasn't that we'll known till the cartoon did it's take.
@Z218 I know, just saying, that Red Hood, wasn't an anti-hero
I just meant that the writers got the idea for the red hood moniker from the joker's origin
i keep hearing that sheriff of babylon is amazing. i just picked it up today, so i'll see how it fairs

well...DC's been trying to push him as one for the past 5 years

I bought batman rebirth todsy. I'll let you know how it is

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Just a small wonder on my part, how much worry & consideration is given by DC Comics when it comes to alienating curious new readers that picks up the books because of the films.
Does DC Comics feel as if they are a tiny bit forced NOT to alter an origin because of the films.
i think that's more MARVEL's thought train. DC never really seems to match ANYTHING up with their films (in fact, i don't even think they've ever cared about having movie/tv adaptations). only recently it looks like they're matching up their material with their films/tv. but only with supergirl, wonder woman, and suicide squad. and but in regards to the joker, i think it's more of a fear of fan backlash if anything else. but since they've been in a rut for the past few years, i don't think they care anymore.

Top Bottom