• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jason Mamoa is the King of Atlantis

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06...uaman-in-batman-v-superman-and-justice-league

KD-610x343.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will not be played by DmC Vergil.

Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Aquaman-Trailer_4.jpg

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I like Jason and think he would be wasted in this role.
Hahaha! :laugh:

Well... paycheck's a paycheck, right?

Besides, this is also about exposure. This is probably going to be the biggest movie in 2016 besides Cap 3 or whatever else is coming out that year.

Also... would you really say no to the first real live-action appearance of Aquaman that counts?

People have done Batman/Superman/Spider-Man already -- and now Hiccup has that Deathstroke look with a badass flaming Methuselah sword in How to Train Your Dragon 2.

My point is, is that with Aquaman he can bring a big name to the big screen, and intorduce a new (underwater) aesthetic at the same time, all while doing a short, easy-to-do cameo appearance.

All three goals (big-name hero, money, "easy" gig) would be accomplished in one fell swoop.

Not saying that even a brief role would be easy, just easier than what all the other heroes in the movie have to do. I say that he'd be a fool to say no, and that this would really boost his career.

Is it a waste of his talent? Absolutely.

But still... money. :greedy:

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
What talent? This guy is the new Van Damme when it comes to acting.
Pre-JCVD/80's Van Damme actually would've been a good choice for Aquaman had they decided to do a campy film back in the 80's. They could've just said that that was his "Atlantis" accent.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm used to him being Drogo for GOT, but I am interested to see how he'll pull off Aquaman. A gig's a gig, right?:cautious:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I thought he was great as Ronon Dex in Stargate Atlantis, but I would never have pictured him as Aquaman.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
STOP!
Either call this movie "Prelude to Justice League" or stop shoe-horning in the Justice League!

Dark Drakan

Admin
What talent? This guy is the new Van Damme when it comes to acting.

(The pre-JCVD Van Damme. I am actually quite liking the way how he is pulling off certain loony characters right now)

As Drogo his performance was superb, I mean he even had to improvise with a fictional langauge he had to learn for the show. Granted hes been cast as the meathead character in a lot of his appearances though due to his looks and build im not surprised. Drogo was more multilayered than he first appeared to be and the speech about him taking the iron throne around the fire was great and one of the stand out performances of that season.

He did play a stereotypical villain role in Bullet to the head with Sylvester Stallone but again I thought he did a decent job and plays villains quite well too. I think he could in future take over from some of the classic action stars and not afraid to do his own stunts either.

I wouldnt compare his acting talent/range to that of Van Damme (though Van Damme was a great action star & I do like most of his movies). I would say Jason has more strings in his bow than that & think he will be capable of far more complex roles than Van Damme ever would. Dont think he should typecast himself too soon as I think hes capable of more when given the right material to work with.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He isn't Aquaman. I can see him more in the role of Lobo.

If anyone should maybe be cast as the king it should be this guy.
daniel_craig_573373.jpg

Daniel Craig as Aquaman.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I wouldnt compare his acting talent/range to that of Van Damme (though Van Damme was a great action star & I do like most of his movies). I would say Jason has more strings in his bow than that & think he will be capable of far more complex roles than Van Damme ever would. Dont think he should typecast himself too soon as I think hes capable of more when given the right material to work with.
You ever seen JCVD?

Van Damme can actually act.

Dark Drakan

Admin
You ever seen JCVD?

Van Damme can actually act.

Seen most of his films and own most on DVD, I am a fan but he cant change his accent and he pretty much plays the same role in 80% of them. He got typecast fast and his range only started to stretch as he got older and started playing some good villain characters. Looking through his movie list I can name 8 I havent seen and 3 of them are recent ones. Not saying he doesnt have talent for the roles he plays as he is an action star but given the right roles I think Jason has potential to do more than just the action roles.

Aquaman is the butt of most of the jokes when people talk about comic characters and seems a shame for someone who has potential to end up being known in that role. Granted I dont know much about Aquaman at all but have heard the character mocked in many comedy sketches.

Quote from one article I read:

As every superhero fan that has ever lived will tell you — usually along with a memory of when he and his friends played superheroes and he got scarred for life by having to portray the waterlogged hero — Aquaman sucks.

Aquaman sucks! Even if he is going to make a splash in the Batman Vs. Superman movie, and somebody should seriously let Jason Momoa know, as if he’ll ever ditch the Aquaman role once he’s stuck with it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Seen most of his films and own most on DVD, I am a fan but he cant change his accent and he pretty much plays the same role in 80% of them. He got typecast fast and his range only started to stretch as he got older and started playing some good villain characters. Looking through his movie list I can name 8 I havent seen and 3 of them are recent ones.

Aquaman is the butt of most of the jokes when people talk about comic characters and seems a shame for someone who has potential to end up being known in that role.
Yea but I'm just saying. I was quite surprised after seeing that movie. I love Van Damme in stuff like Bloodsport but his pretty raw and honest soliloquy showed me that the muscles from Brussels can actually act. No BS.
I recommend checking this one out.
MV5BNDAwMDg5MTY1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU1MjcwMg@@._V1_SY317_CR8,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yea but I'm just saying. I was quite surprised after seeing that movie. I love Van Damme in stuff like Bloodsport but his pretty raw and honest soliloquy showed me that the muscles from Brussels can actually act. No BS.
I recommend checking this one out.
MV5BNDAwMDg5MTY1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTU1MjcwMg@@._V1_SY317_CR8,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

An actor is only as strong as their script and playing meat headed action roles doesnt give you much to work with most of the time. Like I said over the last few years as his body has aged he hasnt simply been able to rely on his famous kick moves and the splits in most of his movies so nice to see his range broadened. I thought he played a great stereotypical villain in The Expendables 2. I had seen that advertised at the time but it slipped my mind so I will check it out.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Iron_Man_2_poster.jpg

The_Amazing_Spider-Man_2_59.jpg

every movie that tries to build a cinematic universe has to have one of these...i personally like these two films...but lets face it. these are basically "set up" movies for the next big thing. in this case, BATMAN v SUPERMAN: Dawn of Justice is gonna have to bite the bullet and be one of these movies

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
An actor is only as strong as their script and playing meat headed action roles doesnt give you much to work with most of the time. Like I said over the last few years as his body has aged he hasnt simply been able to rely on his famous kick moves and the splits in most of his movies so nice to see his range broadened. I thought he played a great stereotypical villain in The Expendables 2. I had seen that advertised at the time but it slipped my mind so I will check it out.
You should also check out "Enemies Closer". Although the protagonists are really bad at acting, JCVD is extremely menacing as a Joker-ish kinda character. Plus, his granny hairstyle..freaky as ****.

Also, serving as a build-up to a cinematic universe is not necessarily bad. Zack Snyder is good at handling multiple characters at once, as evidenced by that movie "Watchmen", so I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being good. I don't think they should let him handle the Justice League movie, though. Justice League is supposed to be a breakthrough, a movie that will blow your mind. Leaving such a big project on the hands of Zack Snyder would grant the fans a bunch of 'ooooohhh' reactions, but it would be nothing mindblowing - worst case scenario, they'd end up hating like they did with Man of Steel.

That aside, am I the only one who thinks this whole Justice League movie is being rushed? Marvel had like four or five solo superhero films introducing each one of the Avengers, while DC is trying to just sum it up in one movie. Although Batman and Superman are the most prominent on-screen superheroes, I'd appreciate if they did justice (no pun intended) to the other good ones like Flash or Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom