• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Itagaki Calls Devil May Cry "Shallow"

evilweevle

hhhmm right so the fact there is a near limitless amount of possibilities with the custom combo system obviuosly must have passed him by.

cosmic master

The Eternal Insomniac
If I'm perfectly honest whenever I bought a DMC game I didn't go thinking it was gonna be an incredibly deep game. I bought them mainly for the gameplay. I mean whats funner than stylishly knocking the **** out of some demons. Besides like someone else already posted one of Ninja Gaidens big selling points is the gore. Isn't that pretty shallow.
And I don't know how he can call Heavenly Sword half assed. Even though it was short it had some of the best cinematics in a game of its time.

evilweevle

incidentally i just played the ninja gaiden 2 demo and it didnt really do anything much for me. i get annoyed when i try and jump cancel my moves and it doesnt work, then i realise DMC is really the only game that does it.

Keaton

Premium
Okay, DMC isnt the most orignal series...and DMC4 hardly the worlds most impressive'ly new game either. But...lest we forget.

ITS NOT MEANT TO BE =p

DMC is supposed to be a game surrounding little more than the mindless assault on the demonic forces of evil, stylish moves and some comedy. Its not going to be a deep adventure of massive emotional revaltion - the combat system is suposed to be accessible and not nessacerally deep -although it has the potencial (as per the comment about YouTube players).

Take...Pokemon. (bad example I know).

You have the main story thread for every player imaginable with basic battling and very little challenge, THEN you have all the hidden competitve elements such as EV traning, Individual Values and actual competitve battling...designed for more mature players.

You gotta take DMC as it is, it is made easy and arguably shallow in comparison because it NEEDS to re-establish its audience after the console/generation jump, not everyone has a PC, PS3 or X360, and older players may not upgrade their PS2 so Capcom need new players to continue on with the saga.

Is NGII worth picking up btw?

evilweevle

Sir Psycho No 6;94077 said:
Ninja Giaden does it (cancel jumping), you just need to time it pretty well, like max-exceed.

really? ill have to go back to the demo then and try it some more i did play NG1 quite a bit but never discovered it then either.

Top Bottom