• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It looks like DmC and i don't like this.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Alright, Coby.

I know you're upset about all this. But I honestly don't mind.

I'm not really angry at your response here because I've heard worse, and I don't think your posts have that much vitriol in them.

Let's just all go out for mai tais, shall we? You'll feel better in the morning.

_Coby_

Alright, Coby.

I know you're upset about all this. But I honestly don't mind.

I'm not really angry at your response here because I've heard worse, and I don't think your posts have that much vitriol in them.

Let's just all go out for mai tais, shall we? You'll feel better in the morning.

In not criticizing the game Just becouse of what append to me and my Fanfiction.

berto

I Saw the Devil
somebody in capcom wanted that before DmC.
Inafune. Yeah, he's the one who said Japanese gaming was dying and the future was western games so he gave the Capcom IPs to western developers with varying degrees of success. From that we got Operation Raccoon City, Dark Void, one of the Bionic Commando games and a few others which were canceled do to low sales. DmC was the only title that wasn't after Inafune's departure.

DmC was their training ground, and they thought this was the right time to make it happen with the original.
I think it was more a case of not wanting to leave the DmC fans empty handed rather than anything the game had.

In not criticizing the game Just becouse of what append to me and my Fanfiction.
Doesn't matter if you are. As long as you're civil about it you can criticize it till you wear out your keyboard.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It reminded me more of FFXV the more i watch the trailers.

I don't mind the similiarities to DmC I just wish they did this game way back in 2010. It would saved us all the arguing etc.

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium
No, but it might explain why the graphics regarding the characters is so different from DMC4. Oh, and of course there's the fact that DMC4 was 10 years ago, and game graphics have come a long way since then. Moreover, even if it does have a fair bit of DmC in it--really, where's the harm in that? I've made no secret of my dislike of DmC in the past (not the way the angriest of fanboys did--I wasn't an a-hole about it), but considering there's little (to no) chance of a DmC2 happening, is it not fair that fans of the reboot series likewise get what they want out of this, too?

I think people forget game devs can't please everyone. I feel like they really, really tried to meet people in the middle with this, having a game that stands on that line between both worlds. If you don't like it, okay. But I'm just saying: for every fan that doesn't dig it, there's at least ten others who do. In the end, Capcom did the best they could. *shrug*

And I'm going to leave it at that.
If anything this is a consolidation of elements from both DMC and DmC.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
When I saw the trailer I asked if ninja theory had made the game purely because the cinematics look pretty identical to me.

The fighting parts, however, seem to be more like DMC.

Either way I don't care for any of it because the entire franchise/series bores me to tears, but go team capcom or whatever I'm meant to say

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The game looks like it's trying to bridge the gap between the DmC fans and OG DMC fans by continuing the narrative of the original DMC saga, and utilizing the aesthetic of DmC.

Hey, looks aren’t everything.
but go team capcom or whatever I'm meant to say

I think that’s probably the right thing to say without getting yourself lynched around here.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Once you see Nero for the first time he literally looks like dark Dante skin. But after the chick crashes the car and throws Nero out and classic slowmo DMC shows up, it all changes.

There is a vid of Nero shooting his arm at an enemy and it repeatedly hits them while they are in the air like neoDante did with Aguila

Aisen66

nice one angel ,bored me to tears angel may cry right there i,ll go back to your school teacher angel drinking soda from the water fountain is the best :happy:

Top Bottom