• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Vergil becoming the face of DMC

I know that Dante Is the face of DMC but I think that Vergil might be very very close to taking his position. Don't get me wrong I like Dante but I have always loved Vergil. He's like taking DMC4 Dante and mixing him with his Resident Evil 6 twin Leon S. Kennedy, then giving him guns that shoot .50 cal bullets dipped in acid lit on fire that have nuclear effects. If u agree or disagree tell me your opinion I wont criticize ur thoughts. Oh and remember this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I know that Dante Is the face of DMC but I think that Vergil might be very very close to taking his position. Don't get me wrong I like Dante but I have always loved Vergil. He's like taking DMC4 Dante and mixing him with his Resident Evil 6 twin Leon S. Kennedy, then giving him guns that shoot .50 cal bullets dipped in acid lit on fire that have nuclear effects. If u agree or disagree tell me your opinion I wont criticize ur thoughts.
I heard rumors Vergil's fanbase is now bigger than Dante.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yes it's true that Vergil's popularity has grown esponencially over the years, and yes, there's a fair amount of people who prefer him over Dante, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's becoming the new face of DMC. I think Dante's popularity is still a bit higher.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Who can trust rumours. They are as they sound. I've always been interested in both characters in an equal way.

@SSSuperDMDDecimator: Hi. I'm aware that you're new, so I'm obviously going to give you the benefit of the doubt. But please don't double post. Thanks =)

Who can trust rumours. They are as they sound. I've always been interested in both characters in an equal way.
Thank you

Yes it's true that Vergil's popularity has grown exponentially over the years, and yes, there's a fair amount of people who prefer him over Dante, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's becoming the new face of DMC. I think Dante's popularity is still a bit higher.
Thank you

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I wouldn't be surprised. For being the "less human brother", he's surprisingly the more relatable one out of the two.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I was always under the impression that more people liked Vergil than they did Dante (and to a further degree, as well).
Oh and remember this is just my opinion.
Thanks for clearing that up. I think it's important to state if it's your opinion whenever you're dealing with a (potentially) controversial topic.

And I agree. Personally, I really do think that Vergil has become the face of Classic DMC.

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
@SSSuperDMDDecimator
You don't have to thank everyone who posts, man xD

It could be considered spam, you know.
yeah you can reply to more then one person at a time
same i like all the characters in the series equally
they all bring something awesome to the table from sprada to trish to nero

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't think Vergil will ever steal Dante's spotlight. That's like Luigi being the new face of the Mario bros. series.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Have you forgotten the Year of Luigi? :sneaky:

MAAAAN F*** LUIGI
2015__the_year_of_bowser__by_moviestar1999-d8m3ptr.png

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@DragonMaster2010: Dude, enough with trying to get around the swear filter.

And guys can you please stay on topic (for once) I don't think it would kill you.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
No I think he is up there with dante but DMC is always gona be Dante through and through , that would be like replacing ryu with ken both are popular but ryu is the poster boy for
Sf

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Even though I'd totally love a game with Vergil as the protagonist, Dante's probably gonna stay as the face of DMC. That's like having a Bayonetta game with Jeanne as the protagonist. Or a Diablo game with Mephisto as the main villain.

Top Bottom