• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this true ?

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
I find some Devil May Cry games which concentrate on another protagonist usually don't get much review as the rest like DMC4 with Nero or DMC2 with Lucia

seraphmaycry

its mainly a gaming rule in general see if a game in a series comes with a protagonist that's not the one they learned to worship their will be as little reviews as possible

ThanatosPL

I think its a good idea to change main character after the first one ( for example Dante) appeared so many times (DMC 1, DMC 2, DMC3) but not leaving him completely, just give the main rule to someone else and tell a story which in smaller or bigger way has something to do with previous games. You can see the universe from some other perspective.

kryptoknight

Resident evil is the same way if you look at it. First we see what Chris Jill went through, and then it's "Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice!" And then we're introduced to Leon and Claire.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Still 100 times better than DMC2.

not 100 times given the next-gen graphics and advanced gameplay mechanics i cannot say that they were really trying to do anything good with DMC4 they just made it into a 13 yr old cheesefest

DMC 4 = DMC 2

both of the games were made with little or no creativity just passing on the stuff from the older games adding unwanted elements like cheesy graphics,cheesy dialog,unbearable Anime style love story,killing the appearance of dante

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
not 100 times given the next-gen graphics and advanced gameplay mechanics i cannot say that they were really trying to do anything good with DMC4 they just made it into a 13 yr old cheesefest

DMC 4 = DMC 2

both of the games were made with little or no creativity just passing on the stuff from the older games adding unwanted elements like cheesy graphics,cheesy dialog,unbearable Anime style love story,killing the appearance of dante

The graphics were pretty good in both games for their time and the gameplay was pretty good (though not as good as DMC3's gameplay), this, in my opinion, makes it a lot better than DMC2.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The graphics were pretty good in both games for their time and the gameplay was pretty good (though not as good as DMC3's gameplay), this, in my opinion, makes it a lot better than DMC2.

okay the graphics were good but the gameplay wasn't "innovative" neither in DMC 4 or DMC 2

Because DMC 4 just copy/pasted the gameplay from DMC3 and also the "Devil bringer" is supposed to be a scrapped idea from DMC 3 so yeah both games have 0 creativity or innovation in terms of gameplay and they both have a bad story

ThanatosPL

okay the graphics were good but the gameplay wasn't "innovative" neither in DMC 4 or DMC 2

Because DMC 4 just copy/pasted the gameplay from DMC3 and also the "Devil bringer" is supposed to be a scrapped idea from DMC 3 so yeah both games have 0 creativity or innovation in terms of gameplay and they both have a bad story

DMC 4 was very fun to play and I dont know what do you mean saying that devil bringer was scrapped from DMC3. I spent more than 150h on DMC 4 and to this day i am still watching the cutscenes on you tube because they were great. Same goes to DMC3 ofc. so as we see everybody can have diffrent opinion.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium

Im rather disagreeing with you, me as an DMC veteran was been in awe on DMC4, i liked to use Devil Bringer for most time but always that was been an way to too easilly in game. I been rather Dante user In DMC4 as I call Nero an character for beginners.

DMC 4 was very fun to play and I dont know what do you mean saying that devil bringer was scrapped from DMC3. I spent more than 150h on DMC 4 and to this day i am still watching the cutscenes on you tube because they were great. Same goes to DMC3 ofc. so as we see everybody can have diffrent opinion.

Im on your side, I liked DMC 4 cutscenes as I have all on mine old PC, as game is only playable on mine Laptop PC for now :/, I don't remember mine records in DMC 4 but i had over 100 hours of gameplay too :)

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
Im rather disagreeing with you, me as an DMC veteran was been in awe on DMC4, i liked to use Devil Bringer for most time but always that was been an way to too easilly in game. I been rather Dante user In DMC4 as I call Nero an character for beginners.

Im on your side, I liked DMC 4 cutscenes as I have all on mine old PC, as game is only playable on mine Laptop PC for now :/, I don't remember mine records in DMC 4 but i had over 100 hours of gameplay too :)
well, I didn't mean to say I don't like the games just asking opinions here

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
well, I didn't mean to say I don't like the games just asking opinions here

I just can't stand when somebody tries to down mine faved games. Well I have an good opinions on DMC1,3 and 4, as I played second but it bored me, and I traded mine 2 DVDs for other PS2 game.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Didn't i mention that Devil bringer was Supposed to be a scrapped idea from DMC 3 ?? making DMC 4 0% creative

Well TBH DB was just for gamers who weren't used to dante because after a while nero gets repetitive and boring but dante has so many moves to do

ThanatosPL

Dante was hard to play not only because you was forced to change styles during fight but also it seems like enemies were created for Nero's battle style. It was just less fun to fight with Dante for me but still fun ;)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC4, to me, didn't do a very good job of introducing a new character. For one thing, Nero was introduced as any other punk anime kid, who talked a big game, but just didn't have the proper mentality to back it up. When I see him taunting demons, it's pretty much Dante's style of taunting. I mean look at DmC Dante's taunts. Yeah, he's cocky like the original Dante, but his taunts are more amateur and lacking in skill, but it's different. Not copy and paste one liners like Nero has from Original Dante.

The other thing that irked me was Dante in DMC4. Dante was so corny and a complete clown, that I just couldn't take him as a devil hunter seriously. He acted as if he didn't give a damn about anything, and focused on only looking cool and not really making me believe that this was the same Dante who defeated a demon God. (Mundus) His attire was just atrocious to me. The whole western look was unnecessary in my opinion and I wish they could have thought of something more fitting to him. The clothes by them self looks good, but when on Dante it looks...ugh.

And finally; adding Dante into DMC4 in general. Dante to me shouldn't have even been in DMC4 if they were trying to go for something new. Capcom should have just come clean and said Dante's tale is told, and there's nothing more to tell from him. Plus Dante wasn't much help to Nero besides a few times. If Dante wasn't playable or even in DMC4, then I think Nero wouldn't be so looked down upon and would have been given more a chance then Dante, and Nero would have a bit more access to more weapons and styles to use.

But that's what I think.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
DMC4, to me, didn't do a very good job of introducing a new character. For one thing, Nero was introduced as any other punk anime kid, who talked a big game, but just didn't have the proper mentality to back it up

The clothes by them self looks good, but when on Dante it looks...ugh.= yes it looks horrible :)

Here i'm backing up your statement :-

images
images
I can just go on but yeah you'd get my point Nero's a stereotype anime Character who whines a lot and looks pretty

Dante was dressed up like a drag queen IMO and he behaved like a he's having MPD

In short they just dumped the Anime cheese in DMC 4 making it one wreck of a game

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Here i'm backing up your statement :-

images
images
I can just go on but yeah you'd get my point Nero's a stereotype anime Character who whines a lot and looks pretty

Dante was dressed up like a drag queen IMO and he behaved like a he's having MPD

In short they just dumped the Anime cheese in DMC 4 making it one wreck of a game

And the sad part is that DMC4 could have been like this.
images
images
images
images
images

Top Bottom