• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is this the end of gaming as we know it?

Durante

Dead
Rumours travel fast,and rarely are true. I don't think that the console manufacturers would be happy about this,it's like taking the bone out of the dog's teeth. This would come to a huge profit fall for all the manufacturers like Sony,nintendo,atari,microsoft etc...
Second,If this does happen it might not come popular some people would be more tied to consoles,just like people are tied to keyboards instead of the touchable screens,which might not come in fast on computers.

It's just like as i read that we will be immortal in 20 years due to expanded nanotechonology and human body understanding,all you can do is wait and see.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
The results of their efforts are then streamed back with almost non-existent lag
FU.jpg

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
As I was going through that I was thinking "am I actually reading this?"
I thought it was going to be about Natal and the PS3 motion controller this is all news to me, lets hope it all goes belly up.

Having said that all the next gen consoles seem to be stealing from eachother now anyway and they all seem to be going in the same direction.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Oh,yup siliconera had this too.ARGGHH the rage for modern gaming.Now I know why people say that the world will end in 2012.THIS,along with the fact that a Cowboy Beepop movie starring Keanu Reeves as Spike are proof enough for me.What's next?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
OnLive will be of little sigifigance,/ dowloadable games are avalible on ps3/360/wii and even the psp ( the psp go only plays downloaded games and a large portion of the psp's games are avalible for dowload)

the PlayStation Move will be bought by many. used a few times then left in the back of a closet. and every once in a while they will pull it out and mess around with it a little.

Natal will be treated the same way.

aka958

Don't trust people
All that sucks, i don't like anything like wii remotes, i want great NORMAL controllers for my games. I don't want to pay a monthly fee, in the end i'll be coughing up more money than it should've cost.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The UK's internet speed lags behind most countries so this service would likely not make it here for a long time. Not to mention the technical nightmare of having to stream data of that size down to peoples computers etc. Bound to be a buggy, laggy crash filled mess on release that most games companies wont want to sign up to. Mainly because they will get less cash per release than a retail copy would, which is the reason most companies havent gone to digital distribution (as its cheaper for the to publish and manufacture) but less revenue per title.

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks VB for posting.

OnLive is set to launch on 17 June in the USA, with a worldwide rollout expected to follow shortly thereafter. Users will pay a $14.95 (£9.99) subscription fee each month, plus the cost of either buying or renting each game. In this regard OnLive has several very significant advantages: there’s no need to invest any further in a game you’re not enjoying; you can sample all the latest releases with minimal costs; and you’ll be able to remove some of the clutter from under/behind the telly and clear a bit of shelf space into the bargain.
No thank you, I'm not interested. I want to buy a console and not rent the processing power. 10 sterling a month will add up to a huge amount, the life span to a console is about 5 years.

And internet is far from error free, hickups are frequent. I prefer to keep the clutter under the TV, it works.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
This is a pretty risky idea. If they do this, sure, it could be a breakthrough in gamin service...but then again, it could just **** a bunch of people off. To be honest, I don't like the idea. I prefer, a big box with a tray, a bunch of disks, and that weird thing called a controller.

Top Bottom