• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there anyone New Dante CAN beat?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
He can beat his penor.
I am curious about that one. Care to elaborate if you do not mind.

War's a Nephillim as well, but even more unstable, violent, and aggressive. He's not immune to Dante's Time stop, and is more bulky and slower.

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
War's a Nephillim as well, but even more unstable, violent, and aggressive. He's not immune to Dante's Time stop, and is more bulky and slower.
I don't get why people are so intent on calling it a time stop. It clearly isn't. Go DT in front of a bunch of enemies, demon pull them to the ground, and you'll see them walking in regular time. DmC Dante's DT is just some weird 'suspend them in the air' type thing.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
With his reaction time, War has no problem in dealing with speedy character. Ask Silitha. However, if his "lack" of speed was such an issue, then he has Ruin to compensate. Also, this version of Dante hardly reach Mach 5 - Mach 10 in contrast to the original version.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
With his reaction time, War has no problem in dealing with speedy character. Ask Silitha. However, if his "lack" of speed was such an issue, then he has Ruin to compensate. Also, this version of Dante hardly reach Mach 5 - Mach 10 in contrast to the original version.

WHEN and WHERE did old Dante meet march 10 speed?

D-Sparda

WHEN and WHERE did old Dante meet march 10 speed?
An example on the top of my head is when he effortlessly dodged a gun shot by Nero on the humanoid Sparda lookalike statue.
First, look at the distance seperating them at 4:00. You can notice that it is a fairly short distance. Now look at 4:17 to 4:22.

An another instance is during the short skirmish between Dante and one of Sparda's fodder disciple.
Pay close attention to the lightning at 2:38 to 2:42. Notice how the two of them were fast enough to strike at each other at the exact time of when the lightning began and before it faded away. Lightning bolt travels approximately at 224,000 mph -- or about 3,700 miles per second.

The next video could also be considered as reaction time.

At 0:45 to 0:49 Dante shows the capacity to open his mouth fast enough to grasp a bullet shot with his teeth.

This video is one of my favorite.
Dante, at 0:05, dodge another bullet by flinching his head to the right without even looking. He also counter every gun shot at close range from Lady with relative ease.

I presume there are other feats I could show you, but I feel to lazy to make additional research. Anyway, I believe Dante in base form is at least at Mach 5. When it comes to Mach 10, I was thinking about his Devil Trigger.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

An example on the top of my head is when he effortlessly dodged a gun shot by Nero on the humanoid Sparda lookalike statue.
First, look at the distance seperating them at 4:00. You can notice that it is a fairly short distance. Now look at 4:17 to 4:22.

Actually that has nothing to do with speed. That's a "Matrix" affect that makes it look as if he's fast, when really it's just poorly edited cinematography.

An another instance is during the short skirmish between Dante and one of Sparda's fodder disciple.
Pay close attention to the lightning at 2:38 to 2:42. Notice how the two of them were fast enough to strike at each other at the exact time of when the lightning began and before it faded away. Lightning bolt travels approximately at 224,000 mph -- or about 3,700 miles per second.

2:38 to 2:42 is the opening bro. But again, that's really not out of speed but rather good timing on Dante's part.

The next video could also be considered as reaction time.

At 0:45 to 0:49 Dante shows the capacity to open his mouth fast enough to grasp a bullet shot with his teeth.

No, that's called distance and good timing. Distance because the bullet was far enough from Dante for him to actually open his mouth, and the timing Dante has to open his mouth has nothing to do with speed, but instead the lucky timing of opening his mouth at that specific time.

This video is one of my favorite.
Dante, at 0:05, dodge another bullet by flinching his head to the right without even looking. He also counter every gun shot at close range from Lady with relative ease.

That again, is called timing. Dante's not fast, but rather he seems to posses heightened senses that allows him to hear at march five and dodge it at the right time. Hell, Vergil probably isn't even that fast. All we have for Vergil is gameplay, but no actual cut scene shows that speed. unlike DmC Vergil, who we see can actually move that fast.

Dante isn't march 5 speed from what you've shown, but rather he has march 5 luck mentally, not physically.

seraphmaycry

Actually that has nothing to do with speed. That's a "Matrix" affect that makes it look as if he's fast, when really it's just poorly edited cinematography.

2:38 to 2:42 is the opening bro. But again, that's really not out of speed but rather good timing on Dante's part.

No, that's called distance and good timing. Distance because the bullet was far enough from Dante for him to actually open his mouth, and the timing Dante has to open his mouth has nothing to do with speed, but instead the lucky timing of opening his mouth at that specific time.

That again, is called timing. Dante's not fast, but rather he seems to posses heightened senses that allows him to hear at march five and dodge it at the right time. Hell, Vergil probably isn't even that fast. All we have for Vergil is gameplay, but no actual cut scene shows that speed. unlike DmC Vergil, who we see can actually move that fast.

Dante isn't march 5 speed from what you've shown, but rather he has march 5 luck mentally, not physically.

i would say that you are correct it seems to timing on the guys part, it could be mach speed but Dante himself never actually moves walking or running at mach 10, the closest he gets is that perfectly timed lightning blast, pretty fast, but Dante still can't generally go mach 5 or 10.
i actually discussed something like this once before, i reckon that Dantes mind/demon power (whichever) creates a slow mo effect when he needs it, the dmc file says vergil swings yamato faster then the eye can see, aaaand i'm pretty sure we can all see yamato moving, so i reckon demons just put the world into a sort of slow-mo when its convenient, close to massive speed, but not quite.

D-Sparda

@DragonMaster2010, I think you would prefer a scene where he is running instead.

At 1:48, Dante shot a bullet on Rebellion which caused an atmospheric friction of the blade at 1:50. Subsequently, the half breed attempted and succeeded to catch it by increasing his speed at the same velocity or higher as shown in 1:58, when Dante himself began to be engulf in fire.

One of the problem with this scene that I remembered, is that gravity also had an influence on the extent of the increase in speed.

I could argue that Dante is as fast as Blitz, but unfortunately, the cutscene did not demonstrate that he can have a race with the demon or anything, however he can at least tag him/know where he would reappear.

DragonMaster2010

i actually discussed something like this once before, i reckon that Dantes mind/demon power (whichever) creates a slow mo effect when he needs it, the dmc file says vergil swings yamato faster then the eye can see, aaaand i'm pretty sure we can all see yamato moving, so i reckon demons just put the world into a sort of slow-mo when its convenient, close to massive speed, but not quite.
I think it's less mentally putting the world into a slow state to move faster, and more the "LOOK HOW FUDGING COOL I AM DOING THIS" affect.

@DragonMaster2010, I think you would prefer a scene where he is running instead.

At 1:48, Dante shot a bullet on Rebellion which caused an atmospheric friction of the blade at 1:50. Subsequently, the half breed attempted and succeeded to catch it by increasing his speed at the same velocity or higher as shown in 1:58, when Dante himself began to be engulf in fire.

One of the problem with this scene that I remembered, is that gravity also had an influence on the extent of the increase in speed.

True, but also remember that if that sword was going at this mark 10 speed, not only would the sword be on fire, but Dante would also be burning up as well, yet as the video shows, he's not on fire. Yeah, Dante can run fast, but that's not mark 10 speed. That's, as you said, gravity along with the "looking cool" aspect of Devil May Cry, not logical calculating of speed.

I could argue that Dante is as fast as Blitz, but unfortunately, the cutscene did not demonstrate that he can have a race with the demon or anything, however he can at least tag him/know where he would reappear.

Um, no he can't. Dante can't race Blitz because Dante isn't as fast as lightning. That's all in Dante's timing. He was able to catch the Blitz with timing, not speed.

I know Dante's a cool guy and everyone's favorite guy, but that doesn't mean people should label him with abilities he clearly doesn't have.

seraphmaycry

I think it's less mentally putting the world into a slow state to move faster, and more the "LOOK HOW FUDGING COOL I AM DOING THIS" affect.

perhaps, but then he'd have to the special affect running all the the time in the vergil fights because his strikes are revealed by the in-game description to be "faster then the eye can see," or something (can't remember exact quote)

DragonMaster2010

perhaps, but then he'd have to the special affect running all the the time in the vergil fights because his strikes are revealed by the in-game description to be "faster then the eye can see," or something (can't remember exact quote)
And that goes hand in hand with Dante's mark 10 timing. Dante knows when to dodge, when to strike, and when to block against something like Vergil through his ability to time his attacks right.

seraphmaycry

And that goes hand in hand with Dante's mark 10 timing. Dante knows when to dodge, when to strike, and when to block against something like Vergil through his ability to time his attacks right.

DMC never did establish any logical rules for its own universe anyway, it's still unclear how a demon is killed, is it stamina exhaustion, overloadm of other demons power,are they just mroe resilient for humans.

but yeah, slowing things down a lot for himself would be what gives him those super sense and timing.

D-Sparda

Um, no he can't. Dante can't race Blitz because Dante isn't as fast as lightning. That's all in Dante's timing. He was able to catch the Blitz with timing, not speed.

I know Dante's a cool guy and everyone's favorite guy, but that doesn't mean people should label him with abilities he clearly doesn't have.
Actually, Dante does not figure in my list of favorite characters. It is true that the son of Sparda has many qualities, but his inconsistent personality is an annoyance to me. However, he has many noteworthy feats which still keeps him on my radar. Plus, I find him entertaining once in a while.

Kaim Argonar

I would actually argue that DMC3 Dante is around mach 8-10 (at base speed). He did indeed jump off of the Temen-Ni-Gru, he should have reached terminal velocity like 10-15 seconds after he jumped off it (actually he dove head first helping him reach said speeds much quicker) but instead he manages to maintain his footing on the side of the building and accelerate his speed to the point of catching on fire. Now I wont quite say he was going at escape velocity (what is that like mach 30?) as I don't think the tower is big enough to travel that long and reach that level of speeds before hitting the ground (though to argue the towers size, it was in the clouds).... and then again we did catch a slow down effect of being able to see the bullet when he shoots his blade to increase it's speed then proceeding to outrun it. If we do count possible slow downs then it could be possible that Dante is much faster even. But for now I agree with the above and place him around mach 8-10 at that moment.

Other scenes that support my opinion are when he and Lady got into a quick scuffle. He used his own bullets to match hers while making sure to shoot the precise amount so she doesn't get hit. I'm going to be making a few reasonable assumptions here like Lady's guns both fire at 340+ m/s, the shortest distance between their guns when firing at each other is 30cm and Dante fired at her bullets at the half way point (after they crossed 15cm). Shouldn't be too unreasonable considering Dante is screwing around and Lady's guns (Uzi 9mm?) should be slightly faster that Dante's hand pistols. 0.15/340 = The needed reactions to accomplish this feat will be 4.411x10^-4 s This will give Dante a speed of 2267 m/s in the melee range which is 1 meter. So when he's joking around I place him at mach 6.5 even. I honestly think Dante needs to be around Mach 10 to have caught his sword honestly...

http://www.cnet.com/news/rail-gun-uses-kinetic-energy-to-deliver-mach-5-wallop/

Just my opinion though. Feel free to disagree.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
^ Actually, I've never been clear on whether he fired and matched his bullets to hers, or if he was merely blocking her bullets with the barrels of his guns.

Either way, I'm in agreement about his speed factor, considering how quickly he pulls the triggers of his guns (normal M1911s wouldn't be able to handle the strain, but fortunately, Ebony and Ivory are special). ;)

Top Bottom