• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is the Masked man really Vergil?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have a simple question. Is the masked Man really Vergil like everyone says he is? If he is can you prove it? If he isn't simply say he isn't. That's all I wanna know.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Currently there is no confirmation that the Masked Man speaking on behalf of The Order is Vergil. But some have made some interesting observations, like how at one point near the start of his message, He flicks his head to the left (our right) and seems to reveal a sleek hairstyle, which also appears to be a silvery blonde.

Other things to note is how the Masked Man has a little white arm band around his left bicep, practically in the same position as Dante's Union Jack.

And Vergil is a powerful man, and likely a natural born Leader, so it makes sense someone like Him would be in charge, or at least a top guy in the organisation.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Plus the 4chan guy said he was, so people are curious to see if that's true. Also, shouldn't this be in the DmC forums?

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
4chan (not that i have ever been on that site) is a site with loads of fake stuff like "Omg i played DmC and here is how the story is!" according to Berto a member of this forum.
And i´ve heard comments from other people 4chan is not a site one takes seriously.

A guy at 4chan claimed long time ago he tested game, and so he revealed details, and told about gameplay, monsters and story.
That guy´s words has turned out to be true for most parts.

And that masked guy is leader of Order, who´s fighting the demons.
A leader must be strong, Vergil is strong and not only that he´s half demon.

Plus the clothing masked guy has is kinda "Vergil" (fine mafia kind of clothes).
Even more if you take screenshots of Dante´s DT (during trailer) you see his white hair has traits of "yellow".
30icodt.png

Take screenshots of masked guy when he´s barely looking to side and you see white hair.
316rjip.png

These pictures are brought to you by....searching old threads :D

Here is thread with 4chan guys post:
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/so-this-guy-at-4chan-claims-he-tested-the-game.10604/

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
* sees the post and starts calculating *

85%+14%+5%= 104% !!!!!! :blink::D

he did say .5 not 5. you fail at math and if school is to be belived you fail life by extension (somehow)

im still wondering whether its sparda running it after being defeated by mundus. rather than dying he actually managed to survive the battle but lost his demonic power as a result. buuuut even as i right this im seeing a dozen problems with it but still...

if its vergil im sorry but you know hes gonna go backstabbing Dante/ the order and prbably has a back alley deal with mundus but back stabs him too. im sorry but hes like the joker, or randal savage, broly or loki. you know hes gonna be evil one way or another.

or he may be an original character entirely tho surprisingly and ironically i think thats among the most unlikely explainations in this reboot.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
he did say .5 not 5. you fail at math and if school is to be belived you fail life by extension (somehow)
*sees the correction and feels like this :blush: *

On topic : i think he is Vergil and i believe he is using Dante to get the power of Mundus for himself

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
If he is Vergil, then why is his hair white? If he's still Dante's brother, then shouldn't he have black hair like Dante?
Or is he in Devil Trigger every time he gives a speech? :p

OR is there more to this Demon/Angel business than we thought? If you have dominant demonic genes, does that mean you'll have black hair, and if you have dominant angelic genes, white hair?

Could be Vergil, and probably is, since I don't think there will be anyone in the game boasting white hair (except for the elderly).

Also, saying things like ''A leader must be strong. Vergil is strong.'' isn't helping. Why would a leader have to be physically strong? Usually, leaders are quite the opposite - good speakers, and intelligent - handing out the orders, not following them.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
If he is Vergil, then why is his hair white? If he's still Dante's brother, then shouldn't he have black hair like Dante?
Or is he in Devil Trigger every time he gives a speech? :p

OR is there more to this Demon/Angel business than we thought? If you have dominant demonic genes, does that mean you'll have black hair, and if you have dominant angelic genes, white hair?

Could be Vergil, and probably is, since I don't think there will be anyone in the game boasting white hair (except for the elderly).

Also, saying things like ''A leader must be strong. Vergil is strong.'' isn't helping. Why would a leader have to be physically strong? Usually, leaders are quite the opposite - good speakers, and intelligent - handing out the orders, not following them.

i think its just that Vergil has mastered his own powers hence he has white hair (think of it as kinda an eternal DT) as such his hair is white. while dante who has yet to master them only has white streaks. as for leadership qualities...im not sure. if it is vergil then you know hes using the order as a means to increase his power. but he is driven, so i guess he could be a good leader...:p

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
i think its just that Vergil has mastered his own powers hence he has white hair (think of it as kinda an eternal DT) as such his hair is white. while dante who has yet to master them only has white streaks. as for leadership qualities...im not sure. if it is vergil then you know hes using the order as a means to increase his power. but he is driven, so i guess he could be a good leader...:p

I don't know what Vergil will be like in this game. I doubt he'll be exactly like in DMC3, and that he's just using the order to increase his power. It's Ninja Theory who are in charge of the story, after all.

Top Bottom