• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is me or Devil sword dante compared to Yamato is not powerfull ?

GinDan

Yamato
Cut dimensions / Cut reality / Seal the gates of hell / Becomes a shield crystal /
Separates the human and the demon / Cuts material and bypasses durability.

Devil Sword Dante
Create swords and that's it. she's supposed to be the most powerful weapon in DMC she has no damn ability.
The worst thing is that this weapon is linked to his soul if it is destroyed he dies or loses his powers

Meg

Maybe so, but it does make sense in a way. What the series loves to beat us over the head with is that true power comes from embracing ones humanity. The fact that Dante's sword isn't that "strong" makes sense because Dante's strength doesn't really come from any weapon. It comes from him being so in touch with his human side.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yamato
Cut dimensions / Cut reality / Seal the gates of hell / Becomes a shield crystal /
Separates the human and the demon / Cuts material and bypasses durability.

Devil Sword Dante
Create swords and that's it. she's supposed to be the most powerful weapon in DMC she has no damn ability.
The worst thing is that this weapon is linked to his soul if it is destroyed he dies or loses his powers
Well in terms of special abilities maybe. But Devil Sword Dante is more powerful then either Rebellion or Devil Sword Sparda. Urizen shattered Rebellion with a single punch, and could fling Dante with Devil Sword Sparda away like he was nothing, and that was before he ate the Qliphoth fruit. Devil Sword Dante on the other hand was able to hurt Urizen pretty badly

Also where is it said Dante will die if Devil Sword Dante breaks? I mean, I get the logic since it's part of his soul. But until they say that in-canon, I wouldn't go spreading it around.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Devil sword dante unleashed dante true power and defeat urizen whit no effort, so it is as powerful as Yamato

When you use sin devil trigger the weapon totali destroy every enemy in it's way whit easy, obviously the weapon is really powerful but during gameplay can't be as powerful, Yamato itself should kill evey enemy whit just one hit but for obvious reason during gameplay it can't

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
In terms of special abilities and hax I would give the edge to yamato

In terms of combat and raw power, I think personally that devil sword dante wins out

Last edited:

bonanakid

I agree that Yamato may seem flashier, but DSD is definitely harder-hitting in some way (aside from you know, it being able to appear and disappear). Still, great comparison!

I found an article that ranked weapons, and it puts DSD higher than Yamato. I'd love to have a discussion about this article, but perhaps in another thread. Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom