• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it scary enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
DMC is supposed to be a quite gothic, evil feeling game. I feel that giving it more haunting melancholy music, darker areas and more menacing enemies would be a good idea.
Not cribbing off Silent Hill, that is but giving it more of an evil feel. I mean, forget the cartoony enemies off DMC3 and the hollow enemies off DMC2. Would more large and threatening enemies be hard to implement. How about enemies that can lauch quick projectile attacks as well as you. Most enemies are either slow or really easy to kill, some of them both. I mean what happened to the shadows and blades. Also a few more bosses that require more brain power and nerves of steel to beat would also be a notch up.
Don't get me wrong, it's a great game but becoming a little too bland in atmosphere.>_<

Curse

Cursed Girl
Pft
when i was a kid i craped my pants while playin DMC it was so0o0o0o0o0 scary all of the sounds and all (((:)
but like if you need a total gore game go play resident ewil or smth we loe dmc for the story and btalles and if you thinkthat the battles are too easy try playing on dante must die mode
and if you need boses who need moar brain bowers go play startegy!
k i'm sorry if i said too much but it's just my opinion i just lwoed the games as they were ^^

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
DMC is more of an action game rather than a thriller, and I think Capcom's aware of that. There are plenty of other games filled with though bosses and lots of gore, but DMC is for a larger audience I think. I don't have anything against thriller games, but I'm not a huge fan of them.
Monsters you can kill in large mobs is just one of the fun things about DMC, and having some half-boss-rabies-thing monster messing up the fun is kinda meh meh. Strong, but slow monsters are fun to fight because it's all about avoiding their attacks and hiting as many as possible.
Then again, if it's just Dante against one or two it could be fun. Like devil triggered Frosts and Shadows from DMC1.
Seems like the basic enemies lasts longer in DMC 4, so who knows though?

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
lol i was discussing this with my friends. i was saying "did you know devil may cry was supposed to be a HORROR survival game? i mean, it's not exactly horrifiying is it?" they all agreed with me.

i don't think the enemies are scary enough. the sargasso could have been scary if it didn't do that teeth chattering thing. the nobodys could have been scary if it didn't laugh like a monkey. and the sin scissors could have been scary if it's weapon wasn't a giant pair of hedgeclippers.

but just as people have said, devil may cry concentrates on action and evolutionising the action/adventure genre. the only reason it is supposedely a 'horror' game is because it was supposed to be a resident evil game.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I woudn't say it was scary. I mean games like silent hill and RE are much scarier and kinda little creepy in some places.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
DMC isn't actually "scary" in my opinion, but hell, I didn't so much even squint my eyes after seeing "Saw" "The ring" and many other movies that cause people to crap in their pants, so I can't be trusted. :D

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
IloveVergil;38557 said:
DMC isn't actually "scary" in my opinion, but hell, I didn't so much even squint my eyes after seeing "Saw" "The ring" and many other movies that cause people to crap in their pants, so I can't be trusted. :D

saw isn't a 'make you jump' thriller. it's a psychological thriller. supposed to creep you out, not make you jump. saw is funny:) but the bit i don't like is on saw 2 with the pit of needles>_< i can't stand watching it!!

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
no, but let's not go off topico_O why don't you start a new thread in the general discussion titled 'horror films' or something like that.

X_nick_X

Devil may cry 1 was pretty scary in some places.

But i was thinking about this in resident evil your usually running away from huge gory zombies looking for good weapons.

In devil may cry we get a cocky hero who can take nearly anyone which kinda takes away the scare factor a bit.

Though that big worm thing in mission 8 on dmc3 still makes me jump >.>

Lucifer's angel

When I was young (16-17)I first played DMC in the dark and on a surround sound system... it made me jump a few times and that was it. The only thing that scared me was when my mum and her BF walked in and said hi... The volume was quite loud and the music was making me on edge. All of the DMC's I have played so far, have not scared me one bit. The music has been good,a long the scenery. When I first play them or haven't played them for a while, the DMC's don't scare me just put me on edge.
The game is fun, but not gory and bloody enough, I think they should of put more gore and fear factor into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom