• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it me or...?

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Is it me or does Bayonetta tie into Devil May Cry? I have beaten Bayonetta. But I was recently watching a walkthrough on youtube and I had thoughts. I'll list them here:
1. Enzo
2. These notebook passages, authored by an Antonio Redgrave. (Hmmmm?)
3. I have found this pic a while back, and it was definatly proof enough for me. So here it is>
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...Bayonetta_Art_book_-_Enzo_&_Dante_-_Poker.jpg
As we see it the picture Dante and Enzo are playing strip poker, Dante appears to have lost just about everything. LOLZ

so my thought on number 2, and i don't think anyone has brought this up yet. Antonio Redgrave? Could that by any change be Sparda?

Viper

Premium
Antonio Redgrave was a human and father of Luka Redgrave, murdered by angels in way that made Luka think it was Bayonetta. Sparda may have sealed most of his power in that sword, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go down that easily. Also, there is nothing about Luka that says half-demon.
If the universes are connected, the best bet would be that he was the person young Dante admired and borrowed name from. Officially, it's nothing more than DMC's original author making a reference to his game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They're just references Kamiya made just for funzies. It doesn't mean the two games share a universe. There's also references to Okami and Viewtiful Joe in that game.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Antonio Redgrave was a human and father of Luka Redgrave, murdered by angels in way that made Luka think it was Bayonetta. Sparda may have sealed most of his power in that sword, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go down that easily. Also, there is nothing about Luka that says half-demon.
where is that info?
And also Enzo...hello. I just don't think I am crazy here. And Chancey289 as for funzies or funny jokes, Bayonetta saying "Flock off, Feather face" and "Let's rock baby" are references only Devil May Cry fans would pick up.

Viper

Premium
where is that info?
And also Enzo...hello. I just don't think I am crazy here. And Chancey289 as for funzies or funny jokes, Bayonetta saying "Flock off, Feather face" and "Let's rock baby" are references only Devil May Cry fans would pick up.
Err, the game? I've only seen anime and some cutscenes, but from what I read his death was shown in the game as well. Quite a nasty one that was, being pulled apart like a doll. The anime gives a tiny bit more on him, even his actual appearance which is not even close to that of Sparda (lol, more like Indiana Jones).
Also, on his wiki page, at the bottom, I found that it was Kamiya himself who said that Antonio Redgrave was merely a journalist Dante admired, and used his name during his young days as a mercenary in Bobby's cellar.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Is that an image for ants?

Dantebayo.jpg

Anyway. Those are all references to the previous games the staff has worked on. Under that logic Okami, RE, DMC, Viewtiful Joe, and Bayonetta all take place in the same universe.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Those are all references to the previous games the staff has worked on. Under that logic Okami, RE, DMC, Viewtiful Joe, and Bayonetta all take place in the same universe.
What a joyous crossover game that would be...

This summer, Dante and Viewtiful Joe team up for one stylish adventure, to save Racoon City from the Eight-Headed Demon, Orochi!

(Pre-order now from GameStop and get the free Albert Wesker vs Vergil Mission and two whole seconds of extra gameplay exclusively for PS4. Only from GameStop: "Power to the Sharehol---uh, I mean Players.")

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
If the universes are connected, the best bet would be that he was the person young Dante admired and borrowed name from. Officially, it's nothing more than DMC's original author making a reference to his game.
in the novel, dante adopts the name "tony redgrave" after a man he knows and respects, named "antonio redgrave". Lukka's father isn't dante, he's just the guy dante looked up to.

There's plenty of other hints too. The currency of demonic exchange is red crystal orbs, the information broker for both bayonetta and dante is enzo ferino (complete with physical description and personality). Eva and sparda appear in bayonetta history, several of bayonetta's demonic summons are demons that appear in devil may cry (phantom, gigipede, and griffon especially, who even look and behave the same way), lukka names "trish" as one of the women he's trying to woo (just a first name is mostly meaningless, but hey it counts for something). Joy is basically Despair Embodied (an enemy from DMC2), hell bayonetta even has a bangle of time (in game it's called a bracelet of time, but in the unlockable bonus art it's always labeled "bangle of time")

There's probably some more things that I'm missing, but yeah seeing as the guy who made bayonetta also made devil may cry, it's totally reasonable to assume all these references are intentional. Shame capcom owns devil may cry, so a crossover can never be true canon...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind a crossover between DMC and Bayonetta or VJ or Okami etc. Search your feelings, you know it be awesome :p plus since DMC is supposed to be one of Capcom's big IPs maybe they can use DMC to gauge interest in other dormant franchise:angel:

But on topic, I think the references are just references or fanservice but hey if a DMC/Bayo crossover ever happens, they have something to build off of.

The Final Offer

It's Kamiya's salt. He's upset that his best work was with Itsuno and several others at Capcom. Now he can't do anything with it because where he made it is where it stays. All he can do (just like if Itsuno were in the same shoes) is hint at DMC or try to replicate Dante's personality and DMC's over the top stuff. He got really salty when DmC were announced and tried to fuel the fire by commenting on Dante's appearance knowing full well it wasn't canon and was a reboot. The guy's a douchebag and Bayonetta is failing because of his bullcrap.

It's a sad sad world, but whatever.

Kam

He got really salty when DmC were announced and tried to fuel the fire by commenting on Dante's appearance knowing full well it wasn't canon and was a reboot. The guy's a douchebag and Bayonetta is failing because of his bullcrap.

It's a sad sad world, but whatever.
have you ever not been full of ****?

Kamiya's official stance, ever since DMC2, was that he viewed them as not related to his own works, but instead viewed them as their own works. He has always wished them the absolute best, and commented he would probably play and enjoy them while he worked on his own projects. He's even gone on record calling ninja theory a really talented studio. <sarcasm>
I mean, just look at some of this "really salty" behavior, they're practically stabbing each other to death right now. </sarcasm>

It's also weird that you think kamiya is destroying bayonetta, as he isn't in charge of the sequel. If anything, comparing bayonetta 1 sales (where kamiya was in charge of every facet of the game) to bayonetta 2 sales (where he only supervises the story) you could actually make a strong case that his withdrawl from bayonetta is what's killing it.

Standard disclaimer: the final offer is still too scared of me to actually talk to me directly, so this post is for everyone else's benefit, to stem the tide of this cancerous source of misinformation.

Meg

have you ever not been full of ****?

Kamiya's official stance, ever since DMC2, was that he viewed them as not related to his own works, but instead viewed them as their own works. He has always wished them the absolute best, and commented he would probably play and enjoy them while he worked on his own projects. He's even gone on record calling ninja theory a really talented studio. <sarcasm>
I mean, just look at some of this "really salty" behavior, they're practically stabbing each other to death right now. </sarcasm>

It's also weird that you think kamiya is destroying bayonetta, as he isn't in charge of the sequel. If anything, comparing bayonetta 1 sales (where kamiya was in charge of every facet of the game) to bayonetta 2 sales (where he only supervises the story) you could actually make a strong case that his withdrawl from bayonetta is what's killing it.

Standard disclaimer: the final offer is still too scared of me to actually talk to me directly, so this post is for everyone else's benefit, to stem the tide of this cancerous source of misinformation.
Yeah, no. You could have easily presented your sources without the insults and flame baiting. Warning added. If a member really bothers you, add them to your ignore list. Don't try to provoke them.

Kam

Yeah, no. You could have easily presented your sources without the insults and flame baiting. Warning added. If a member really bothers you, add them to your ignore list. Don't try to provoke them.
some people are baited by insults, others are spreading false information in an attempt to damage the community. Edit it if you want, I would do it myself except for the kinda lame rules on editing hour-old posts, but don't see how calling someone names is any worse than spreading the rumor that kamiya has some kind of hate boner for ninja theory

The Final Offer

Meg, I don't see any flame baiting and insults. Am I missing something?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
On topic, Im not sure they can co-exist in the same timeline since Sparda would have stepped in during the Umbran-Lumen War and stop Balder etc so I guess a crossover would be Dante on Bayonetta live on two seperate timelines and that would be the impetus for the crossover.

In the second light novel or DMC, Dante came across this artifact that allowed him too cross timelines which he used accidently to travel to another timeline where Vergil was alive and fighting Mundus etc so have him just find the artifact and use it again to go to Bayonetta's timeline as well as explain away any other differences.

Fanart in coming
http://elixds.tumblr.com/post/102260206751/battle-of-the-bosses-boss-battle-if-you-deny#notes
http://elixds.tumblr.com/post/88826037271/the-upside-of-all-these-doodles-is-i-get-more-used#notes
http://elixds.tumblr.com/post/88590962881/more-crossover-crack-excuse-the-messiness-and#notes

Reactions: Meg

Kam

On topic, Im not sure they can co-exist in the same timeline since Sparda would have stepped in during the Umbran-Lumen War and stop Balder etc so I guess a crossover would be Dante on Bayonetta live on two seperate timelines and that would be the impetus for the crossover.

In the second light novel or DMC, Dante came across this artifact that allowed him too cross timelines which he used accidently to travel to another timeline where Vergil was alive and fighting Mundus etc so have him just find the artifact and use it again to go to Bayonetta's timeline as well as explain away any other differences.

Fanart in coming
http://elixds.tumblr.com/post/102260206751/battle-of-the-bosses-boss-battle-if-you-deny#notes
http://elixds.tumblr.com/post/88826037271/the-upside-of-all-these-doodles-is-i-get-more-used#notes
http://elixds.tumblr.com/post/88590962881/more-crossover-crack-excuse-the-messiness-and#notes
Not necessarily. Sparda vanishes from the timeline after his major involvement in the human/demon war (which is so far back, the trinity of realities isn't even established yet) and after that time, he's a ghost. He possible serves as a feudal lord in japan for a thousand years, and and of course he pops up long enough again to sire dante and vergil, but aside from that he's just not a very visible person. Either he just stays out of all the major historic (and potentially world ending) events, or he involves himself in such a way where nobody realizes he's there and manipulating things. In a way that possibility is cool too, since it casts sparda as some kind of one-man illuminati, looking out for the world when necessary, but generally just letting history run its course.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Not necessarily. Sparda vanishes from the timeline after his major involvement in the human/demon war (which is so far back, the trinity of realities isn't even established yet) and after that time, he's a ghost. He possible serves as a feudal lord in japan for a thousand years, and and of course he pops up long enough again to sire dante and vergil, but aside from that he's just not a very visible person. Either he just stays out of all the major historic (and potentially world ending) events, or he involves himself in such a way where nobody realizes he's there and manipulating things. In a way that possibility is cool too, since it casts sparda as some kind of one-man illuminati, looking out for the world when necessary, but generally just letting history run its course.
I get what your saying and it makes sense that he would stay out of human affairs unless they have a supernatural bent to them but I dont seeing him staying out of the Umbran/lumen war since that seems to be up his alley.

Viper

Premium
Sparda was keeping more or less a low profile, but he was to a certain degree involved in world's affairs, at least when it concerned demons. He was said to have ruled the world for some time. Then there was mention of him being a feudal lord in Fortuna. Also, Matier knows him as hunter that helped her clan against demon attacks, much like Dante. It's possible that as time passed, his involvement was pushed more and more to the background, kinda like a parent that let's his child do it's own thing when the time is right.

His involvement in Umbran/Lumen war would be kinda problematic, since the question is - with whom would he align? In Bayonetta's world angels are enemies of humans (and any demon out there), demons protect it through witches in exchange for getting at angels. Sparda is demons' number 1 enemy after foiling their plans. He would also not be very keen on tipping the balance to demon side, since their helping humanity thing is not out of kindness and who knows what they'll do once all angels are gone.
If he was there, he would most probably stand on the side and see that humanity is not too affected in negative way.

Meg

some people are baited by insults, others are spreading false information in an attempt to damage the community. Edit it if you want, I would do it myself except for the kinda lame rules on editing hour-old posts, but don't see how calling someone names is any worse than spreading the rumor that kamiya has some kind of hate boner for ninja theory

There is a huge difference between believing something that isn't true and telling someone they are full of sh*t. And if you can't see it, then please feel free to PM me so we can discuss this further. Since this is your first ever warning, it will expire in half the amount of time it usually takes. Just take it like an adult and move on. Or move to PMs. The only reason why I'm not PMing this to you is so I can address something that everyone needs to see.

I am sick of seeing people lace their arguments with insults and baiting. This has been going on for f to long and countless unofficial warnings have been given out. Don't call people names, don't troll, don't bait them into responding. This isn't difficult. Just because the other member isn't personally offended by your display, doesn't make it okay. Potential members can see what everyone is posting, What kind of message are we sending out with this kind of behavior? Playful teasing is okay, what happened here wasn't.

Also, just as a tip. Staff can view edited and deleted posts. So really think before you hit that submit button.

Do not respond to this in the thread. My PM box is always open. Please use that instead.

Carry on, everyone. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom