• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Dev** may Cry propaganda turning our country's youth against the Lord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of once again invoking the wrath of the many electronic-game-defenders who will no doubt email me to tell me I’m a prude, I’m going to be preaching the truth here.

The first thing many Christian players will notice is that our supposed hero is stated to be "half" Angel and half dev**. Well, it certainly doesn't take much time to realize that this little punk exhibits absolutely no angelic, goodly qualities and it is frankly insulting for these game creators to abuse my religion for their trashy entertainment.

Despite the great prevalence of dev**s in this game, there's not a messenger of God to be found outside of the fake angels serving as the protagonists (I use that word very loosely). Is Dev** may Cry truly claiming that in times of such crisis, the Lord would not reach out at all? An "excellent" message to send to this great country's children. "God is no use for anything, dev**s are the ones who save the day!"

Worse yet, what I thought to be the one shining beacon of moral fiber in this travesty, one Bob Barbas, was said to be a dev** as well. Bob stands firmly against the immorality Dante represents many times, always with his brilliant catchphrase, "Just doing God's work." Despite this ludicrous, forced plot twist I surmise that Mr. Barbas was, in fact, an Angel: my theory is well supported by the fact that upon being forced to murder him they are rewarded with an Angelic weapon.

The technology that should be broadening the minds of our kids – who are already far more au fait with the future than the rest of us – is instead turning them into little panders, tiny bullies with no respect for His word and portraying good Christian men who dare to take a stand as obstacles to be silenced through physical violence.

I'm certain that this garbage only got worse in the later levels, but I personally turned off the game in disgust and would not play further after being forced to murder Mr. Barbas.

AlchemistFromEden

no, just no
AbandonThread.gif

WhoopsNo.gif

Abandon-thread1.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Not again! :lol: Is this the same person who wrote the 'DmC hates women' followed by 'DmC is racist'?
ftgy_zps2bdd5d8c.png

Followed by this seeing as you like Bob Barbas so much. BTW, Bob worships the demon king Mundus. :troll:
kk_zps6d8c05f0.png

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
25352.jpg
10/10 would bang
I hope you mean bang....as in the sound a gun makes:troll: Nah I kid, but, this really is annoying.

Oh boy, these troll bait are growing faster and are far more obvious than previous.
I know! Some are more amusing than others....but this is>_< Seriously just not trying hard enough. I decided to report due to OP's lack of lulz:p Anyone who supports Bob Barbas has to be a troll.

And let me guess, troll....we're all evil people who will go to hell for playing this game, right.:troll: Well, this is a forum of people from various religions and also agnostic to atheist. So that crap doesn't fly here. Your 'god' might not be theirs.
And if this troll really is a man of the church then shame on him.

Roshan1702

Okay buddy.

We will donate money to your precious church for you to "donate" to your charities. Yeah we know that you just put the money in your pocket.

It's God's will....

chocolatepanda

Why would u think Bob was an angel? The catchphrase "just doing gods work" changes on your way to fight him to "just doing mundus' work" . Then angel weapon things isnt really explained, i just assumed that Rebellion just absorbed some power and evolved on its own. What do angels do exactly anyway? I really dont know anything about em besides the whole wings and halo thing.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Why would u think Bob was an angel? The catchphrase "just doing gods work" changes on your way to fight him to "just doing mundus' work" . Then angel weapon things isnt really explained, i just assumed that Rebellion just absorbed some power and evolved on its own. What do angels do exactly anyway? I really dont know anything about em besides the whole wings and halo thing.
Don't worry. This guy (also could be gal) is a troll and probably isn't comming back. Or if he/she does, will just troll some more.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
25352.jpg

kk_zps6d8c05f0.png

The resemblance is...nigh-uncanny.

NICE TRY BARBAS! YOU CAN'T GROW A MUSTACHE AND EXPECT NO ONE TO RECOGNIZE YOU
So true!
Now we know this is what Bob does in his spare time....
We are on to you, demon. We know your game. :lol:And we know the god you worship is Mundus.

Come back to this thread 'Bob'. We want to troll some more:lol:

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I honestly thought this was a joke at first I can't tell if he's trolling or being honest xD I have alot of games that would probably be considered "turning our youth against the Lord"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I honestly thought this was a joke at first I can't tell if he's trolling or being honest xD I have alot of games that would probably be considered "turning our youth against the Lord"
This has got to be a troll. The guy likes Bob Barbas who is a demon. And considering the poster keeps going on about how awful devils are, I doubt he would make a champion out of Barbas if he was being serious. He's just contradicting himself.

Besides, religion should have more important things to do than picking on a game. There are worse evils around and productive things to be done like helping people instead of being on forums.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Let's just stop all entertainment in the world so no one shall be swayed from their views? HUH? The ideals behind religion is you believe strongly enough it in so that what you see does change your beliefs. IF it does then it is your own fault is it not? Games especially like these are usual based off of myths such as the Divine Comedy which WAS heavily Religion oriented. If one would want to bash on something for hurting such people then go for horror movies like human centipede or the Saw Movies or the other terrors that show how cruel humans can be to each other that might make you second guess a god figure.

Probably a troll but that was easy enough to say so if it is oh well and if it isn't I'd like to see what you have to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom