• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Dante still in debt?

Is Dante by DMC2 Still in Debt

• Nope, he probably paid them off by then

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yeah, he still owes Lady and other people

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well its been stated in the DMC anime that Dante was in debt by Lady and in DMC4 that he takes whatever job/pay is available.

So by time DMC2 rolls (God knows how far that game is in the timeline after DMC2) do you think Dante is still in debt or he has cleared them up by now (in any way)?

If he does still has debt, I guess he doesn't have to worry about them anymore since he is in hell. There debt is the last of his worries:p

Railazel

No, if I recall, the debt ended in DMC 4 when Lady left some money for them which signified that the all the money he owed her was paid.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No, if I recall, the debt ended in DMC 4 when Lady left some money for them which signified that the all the money he owed her was paid.

Actually that was just pay for completing the mission he was given in DMC4.....but then again that makes sense.

Railazel

Actually that was just pay for completing the mission he was given in DMC4.....but then again that makes sense.

Yeah, otherwise she wouldn't have given them any money (seeing as how he is indebted to her, the job itself is a form of payment).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, otherwise she wouldn't have given them any money (seeing as how he is indebted to her, the job itself is a form of payment).

Point so even by DMC4 Dante has paid off his debt. So in 1 year Dante was able to pay off his debt to Lady...makes you question the time gap between the anime and DMC4.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
The time frame between DMC anime and DMC4 is a year from production sources and director comments(this includes the ANIME's directors who were at NDK 2007 for an Q&A). So yeah, in a year, the debt was lifted...if there really even was such a debt as Lady claimed and she wasn't just being a cliche anime money grubber Nabiki character that the writers decided to make her into in opposition to the justice and vengeance obsessed person she was in DMC3

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
The fact that Lady gave Dante money implies that at that point Dante did not owe her money but he might owe other people money and I'm sure Lady could find a way to make Dante owe her again. She seems to have run out of other things to do in the decade since DMC3 (she completed her main goal so its not like she would have enough motivation to stay obsessive about being a devil hunter for that long). If you really think about it money seems more like an excuse to bug Dante (if it was really about money she would find someone who actually has some)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dante did say it in Highway Star; "You called me out because you knew you couldn't handle this!" She pestered him when she needed a job done she knew was too high end for her as a normal human.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Well, Lady is most likely dead in DMC2, so you can't owe money to a dead person.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well, Lady is most likely dead in DMC2, so you can't owe money to a dead person.

Its unknown whether she is dead or how far it is down the timeline which doesn't seem that far since society doesn't seem that advanced from where DMC4/DMC1 left off plus I heard that DMC2 took place in the 20th century (where DMC1,3, & 4 took place in). So its not that far in the timeline plus Matier said she met and fought along side Sparda.....unless she is VERY F*CKING OLD or can live forever (which both seem unlikely)....granted she is/was a Vie de Marli, humans with demonic blood...powers....I think, so hey its possible.

But maybe Lady is dead but if that is the case, she probably was killed and not died of old age.....well considering when making DMC2, Lady never existed in Capcom's mind...nor Nero or anything related to DMC3 and DMC4....so anything is possible.

Top Bottom