• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Dante british? no please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokuko

I like the new Dante but, why he have a british flag in the left arm?.
He dont have country.
It is rude to take over the hero of all.
2e50dww.jpg

>_<

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's in keeping with the Brit punk stereotype. They commonly have a British flag on some part of their apparel, but from the trailers I've seen, Dante doesn't have an accent.

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
Ninja Theory was probably just screwing around or having fun with dante's promotional pictures.

A fun note:
If you look in DMC1's manual book it says that he is working in America. I don't think he is an american, but a lot of people assume that he is.:wacko:

Asmodaius

Ninja Theory is a British company. They probably put it on the jacket to show that. Doesn't necessarily mean Dante is British too. And other threads have this discussion in them.

Welcome to the forums. Remember to look around to see if other threads matches yours, so they don't fill up the forum with repetive topics. ^^

Sone

DUST TO DUST
Hah you guys are LoL all of you, he just wearing Jacket with British pic on it nothing more, and of course Dante is not American nor from Britain heh and especially not from Asia FFS lol. Tell me is Fortuna City in your country 0_0

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Had this Dino not look like complete crap to me overall, I honestly would have overlooked the flag. But now, I will just nitpick at any damn thing I see now.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Esura;299273 said:
Had this Dino not look like complete crap to me overall, I honestly would have overlooked the flag. But now, I will just nitpick at any damn thing I see now.

and it was this moment i did the only reasonable thing...
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wearing a symbol of a country on your person somewhere doesn't mean you are a citizen of that country. He probably mugged someone for it. By all means he looks the type who would do that. Or, like someone else said, he got it off a dumpster. Hey, maybe he even stole it from the Salvation Army?

Dante is not British. He's never had a British accent. I've never seen him as American either, even though his voice actors have all been American. He's a fictional character who speaks a language we all understand. He's not anything but that.

On a final note, why didn't they put the Underground symbol on him? So much cooler than the flag!

kokuko

you really think what the flag is just an decoration.
Is other case to take by force part of the british.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Asmodaius;299313 said:
Some people simply look too much into the details...

Completely agree.

Besides, I couldn't care where Dante is from. As long as he's cool.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^ Aye.

I never thought of the DMC games taking place in the real world and in real locations, more like an AU, or something like it. Seeing the flag there when I did surprised and annoyed me slightly at first. I guess it doesn't matter, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom