• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interview with Sage Mears (Kat), do you have questions?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Hey all! I contacted Sage Mears on Facebook and asked her if she would be willing to do an interview with me about what it was like to create DmC and she responded in a very enthusiastic way:

30lfmee.png

So do you have any questions for her? Feel free to leave them here and I'll send her a couple of the most interesting ones. :)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i didn't like kat's looks, loved her personality, saw photos of yours cosplaying her and why didn't they just use your looks for kat the way they used tim phillips for dante instead?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Since the definitive edition had a 'deleted scene' I'm wondering if there were more scenes she mo-caped but didn't make it to the final game.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Would you be willing to play a "corrupted" or "evil" Kat? A Kat corrupted by magic like Willow from Buffy.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Since the definitive edition had a 'deleted scene' I'm wondering if there were more scenes she mo-caped but didn't make it to the final game.

Oh, that's a nice one. She remembered the 'ass grabbing' scene, so hopefully she remembered some more. But I'll totally understand if she doesn't, because obviously it's been years since she did the mocap.

I think I'll send her the questions next week, so feel free to drop some more in here, but let's try to avoid closed yes/no questions and focus on open questions, alright? She's extremely proud of the project so I'm 100% sure that if she got the chance, she wouldn't even hesitate to jump into the role of Kat again.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What was your favorite scene to shoot?

Did it take some getting use to when it came to mo-cap acting or was it pretty easy to jump right in to?

Do you still keep in touch with the rest of the DmC crew? Hope we have to never say never on a sequel.

Would you like to do more mo cap work and if so, what particular video game franchise if you got to choose?

absolitude

Man NT already said no sequel is in planning.

And even if it was, she couldn't talk about it anyway, don't you think?

i don't care.. i'm spamming them til they surrender and eventually make a sequel..

Nguaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahha

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think the most blatant question that's going to be asked or referred to is anything about a sequel. Seems pointless to ask really. We should concentrate on asking questions related to DmC, more specifically asking questions that are more to do with her character.

absolitude

I think the most blatant question that's going to be asked or referred to is anything about a sequel. Seems pointless to ask really. We should concentrate on asking questions related to DmC, more specifically asking questions that are more to do with her character.

"will kat be back for the sequel? and how will she be after what happened in the first game ---in the sequel?"

like that? nnnggguaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Haha, I guess I'll just start off with informing her that we still want the sequel. I won't ask her questions like "is it gonna happen" because she's not the right person to ask.

absolitude

seriously guys, ofc she's not the right person to ask, but as an actress who's proud of the work she's in, i bet she's excited for a sequel or a question related to sequel..

i think i'll go with "DmC is one of the best if not the best game i've played on that era, do you think it deserves a sequel? and and how will Kat be psychologically after what happened in the first game, will she still be that confident and positive character?

ps. we want you back as Kat if there'll be a sequel, ps. again, i love Kat's voice"

GabrielXx

I think i have a few

"Was there any Area's where you thought Kat could be improved with her characterization ?."

is there anything deeper that was not shown with Regards to how Kat and Dante's relationship evolved ?

was there ever a plan to have Kat be much more independent ?

how come they did not model Kat after you since your pretty much perfect for it.

ya that's it

White Angel

@LordOfDarkness did this interview ever got published? It seems I can't find it anywhere.

Top Bottom