• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Internet Explorer help. PLZ

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Righty, so I'm going onto certain websites and i keep getting messages about how Internet Explorer 7 Browser is now unsupported and the sites won't work for me.

So anyway, i've checked my version of IE and it's version 9.

Why would i keep getting messages about a browser that i don't have/am not using?

Thanks for any help.
VeeBee

Meg

Hm, it could be that Version 9 isn't supported either, but the site's message was put up before Version 9 came out. Have you tried a different browser? You can download Firefox for free. :)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Ja, Firefox has always been pretty good for me. Never unsupported.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Well, i don't get this... firefox wasn't working, now it is. Looks like i'm going to have to go back to firefox then. *facepalm*
Back to firefox it is. Thanks for the help :p

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Lol Because IE 9 is a bad browser i'd suggest you download and try chrome its the best open-source Web-browser EVERR !
years ago i used to rely on IE8 i still like it but the web pages don't load as quickly as they did before then i tried IE 9 it was even worse unfamiliar interface and web-pages crashing all just made me remove it from my Pc and i ended up using it only for downloading other browses lol

>>> Get chrome https://www.google.com/chrome (Its the fastest of all no arguments)
>>> Get the yellow fox http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ (Its more reliable )

I prefer speed :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ive always hated Internet Explorer and stopped using it years ago and havent used it since. If my Firefox ever plays up I merely reinstall it or clear out my Plug-ins.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I like Chrome and as much as I like the minimalist idea of it my Firefox has far too many useful plug-ins and such that I use daily to use anything else.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I can see that all of use use Chrome, I also use and recommend this as I still have never infected PC thanks to change my webbrowser, my IE have status of unused webrowser at this time.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Chrome is good but it has to many "Shockwave crashes." Well at least for me.

hmm... when do you exactly experience this error ?? while watching videos or while opening other flash based websites ?? i'm currently using chrome i never experienced a crash especially a flash related error

off-topic- Btw i'm kinda puzzled by this win 7 i can't seem to manipulate/arrange the files inside a folder like i did in vista/xp is it only me who finds this weird ??
because i just got win7 installed i'm new to this os

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
hmm... when do you exactly experience this error ?? while watching videos or while opening other flash based websites ?? i'm currently using chrome i never experienced a crash especially a flash related error

the laptop got a really nasty virus a few weeks back (disable pretty much everything.) It hasn't been the same since.
It's now telling me that the installation was incomplete (and i can't reinstall).
The error comes up on the Lionhead studios website (which then goes white and can't be viewed).
It also comes up on photobucket, flickr and youtube.

I'll give chrome a go, but firefox is pretty much doing a good job.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
the laptop got a really nasty virus a few weeks back (disable pretty much everything.) It hasn't been the same since.
It's now telling me that the installation was incomplete (and i can't reinstall).
The error comes up on the Lionhead studios website (which then goes white and can't be viewed).
It also comes up on photobucket, flickr and youtube.

I'll give chrome a go, but firefox is pretty much doing a good job.

Try Ccleaner :-

http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

be careful though it erases all your browsing data including passwords

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
During many of said things.

Try Updating Flash >> http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html

Or just uninstall chrome and reinstall it again if all else fails just stick with firefox

before that back-up your bookmarks its located in users/username/Appdata/Local/Google/chrome/userdata/Default and just copy the Bookmarks&Bookmark.bak to the desired destination

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys I"ve found a working way to disable Auto-arrange in Windows 7 !!

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-auto-arrange-folders-windows-7/ this article shows how to do it and yes it works 100% !

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That's starnge you should be able to delete that without any problems

Control panel >> Programs&features >> Chrome and uninstall it or just delete the folder where it is situated and re-install it again

Top Bottom