• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interesting Trivia

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Got some decent stuff from here and I need to fully go over all the links and artbooks. Anything else you guys can think of would really help.

For now, I have the RE4 origin, DMC name origin, Divine Comedy references, appearances in other games and a few bits on concept art.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, looks like the article is long gone but it got posted elsewhere, or at least this extract:

S: It’s quite amazing that the Basara series, an action game series with a bunch of male leads, is so well received by both genders. It seems like companies are trying to figure out how to appeal to women, but are resorting to gender stereotyped games instead.

HK:I took similar steps while making Devil May Cry 4 as well. The first thing was to take away things girls don’t like, things that are disgusting and violent graphics or events. Also, big, buff, macho guys. There are girls that like that, but most girls like a realistic nice, sweet guy.

If we made someone like the Hulk, a big overly muscular guy, girls probably won’t be into that. If you take that character and tone him down a bit, make him more of a smart type, that little difference can change the perception of how females receive that character.

S:As a personal opinion, do you feel this is cross cultural or something just for Japan?

HK:With the characters we tested in Devil May Cry 4 the responses were very good. There wasn’t anyone saying ‘oh we wish you had this type of character’ and nobody said ‘oh we really wish you didn’t have this kind of character’. We were able to take the response from Devil May Cry 4 to fine tune the characters for this game.

From The Silent Chief website that seems to have shut down.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
you could put in the fact that Dante is hidden 2 time during Nero's opening in DMC 4
[
742.png

2a3.png
so many people miss this
i myself never knew until someone showed me

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Nice.

I've also found an odd little comment in 3142 regarding the Seven Hells:

I made the basic designs for these enemies, and other designers provided all the possible variations. We deal with this problem every time, but when people are fighting in the streets, "What happens to them?" In "Devil May Cry 2", we had them turn into Msira, but when it came time to decide what to do for "Devil May Cry 3", I wanted them to turn into things that still resembled humans as opposed to grotesque monsters. So they're basically designed to look like reapers. If people were shown running from these guys in the game, that would make it a completely different image. I'm just making excuse, though. (laughs) - Ikeno (character designer for DMC2 and 3

Is he actually saying that Msira and Hells are former humans or am I misinterpreting?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
This is interesting!In fact it is said those spider monsters in DMC3( which I forgot the name) are born or they are the souls of women condemned to hell for the sin of jealously.
So, as the myth says, in DMC universe, sinners souls got to hell and are turned in demons too.

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Nice.

I've also found an odd little comment in 3142 regarding the Seven Hells:

I made the basic designs for these enemies, and other designers provided all the possible variations. We deal with this problem every time, but when people are fighting in the streets, "What happens to them?" In "Devil May Cry 2", we had them turn into Msira, but when it came time to decide what to do for "Devil May Cry 3", I wanted them to turn into things that still resembled humans as opposed to grotesque monsters. So they're basically designed to look like reapers. If people were shown running from these guys in the game, that would make it a completely different image. I'm just making excuse, though. (laughs) - Ikeno (character designer for DMC2 and 3

Is he actually saying that Msira and Hells are former humans or am I misinterpreting?

The 3142 entry on Msira:

Designed at first as the most basic of grunt enemies. Basically, they're people who have been consumed by evil. Long ago, humans who breathed in demonic air were transformed into these creatures. They kind of resemble orangutans. - Ikeno

Looks like they really might be former humans. Odd how they never make a big deal of it.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Isn't there a thing about an Onimushu glitch that inspired juggling?
Yes!Here:

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
Well, my DmC Visual Art book arrived just now. I'll go through that too for dev notes and stuff.

Where does Succubus' name Poison come from? They never say it in-game. I did read once that Poison was the Japanese name but I can't find that now.

I also read that Imprisoner and Wisp were planned for the core game but cut. Can anyone confirm? Or has everyone lost interest in this?

Last edited by a moderator:

The 4th Snake

Content Creator
I think I have enough for a full video now. Just need to organise them.

I recall the idea of ammo being in the game at some point. Was that just a hold over from the RE4 phase?

Also, I recall some panel or interview where Johnny Yong Bosch said that Nero was a lot like Dante at first but when he asked the director about it, he was told "You are Nero" and allowed to make tweaks. I can't find that anymore and I'm starting to wonder if I ever actually saw it.

Top Bottom