• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

interesting sight in devil may cry official fb page

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC HD was nevertheless one of the poorly optimized HD attempts. Considering poorly made cutscene transition and they basically did 0 job on textures, it was really cheap cash in.

Devil Player

The whole situation is interesting.

It's obvious Capcom wants money, money, money! They know lots of people liked DMC 4. They also know many people liked DmC. They know there are fans of both franchises ( ME included ). So, Capcom knows people will give them MONEY, MONEY! :)

Meanwhile, some people have fought by defending or insulting and flaming each others series. Obviously a lot of DMC fans hate DmC. Ok, I see no problem with that. However, many DMC fans liKED DmC ( like me ).

I ask what's the point of that. DmC haters have voiced their opinion for almost 4 years. We get it, you hated the game and it doesn't matter if they try to fix its flaws. Its major flaw is being called DmC, according to you, so it doesn't matter if they polish it, because it's still called DmC.

You have DMC 4 SE to celebrate and post about it. DmC fans will have DmC DE to celebrate and post about it. This is a very rare situation, where both franchises are getting a second chance. Just stop that mindless fight, for God's sake.

I really hope people give DmC DE a chance. It'll fix most of DmC flaws and it has the chance of being a much better product. If you guys don't like, you'll have DMC 4 SE to entertain you. ;)

Judge

DMC HD was nevertheless one of the poorly optimized HD attempts. Considering poorly made cutscene transition and they basically did 0 job on textures, it was really cheap cash in.

I actually bought DMC HD. I did notice the cutscenes were not improved nor was the aspect ratio; that aside it was a great product. I didn't enjoy these games as much as I did the first time round, but I had a blast with it. Even better you can get it now very cheap, for three games thats a damn good deal.

The whole situation is interesting.

You have DMC 4 SE to celebrate and post about it. DmC fans will have DmC DE to celebrate and post about it. This is a very rare situation, where both franchises are getting a second chance. Just stop that mindless fight, for God's sake.

I really hope people give DmC DE a chance. It'll fix most of DmC flaws and it has the chance of being a much better product. If you guys don't like, you'll have DMC 4 SE to entertain you. ;)

Capcom is going to put up a good fight for DmC I can guarantee you that. They had Sam D record 8 hours of footage for the game, they will show the game at its best before it releases in March.

I think a big part of the point of this game is that Capcom want to reach a lot of fans who've never played Devil May Cry before. Does DmC have the potential to reach new fans? Well thats the battleground here for Capcom. Capcom wants DmC to invite a lot of new players into the DMC universe.

It will be very interesting to see if DmC can do that this March.

Last edited by a moderator:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I actually bought DMC HD. I did notice the cutscenes were not improved nor was the aspect ratio; that aside it was a great product. I didn't enjoy these games as much as I did the first time round, but I had a blast with it. Even better you can get it now very cheap, for three games thats a damn good deal.
They not only didn't improved, they weren't even transferred into 16:9. overall they just put higher output in there, but game remained unchanged. That was problem with SH HD and most other HD collection with exception of perhapse MGS HD, which was also optmized

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
They not only didn't improved, they weren't even transferred into 16:9. overall they just put higher output in there, but game remained unchanged. That was problem with SH HD and most other HD collection with exception of perhapse MGS HD, which was also optmized

Well it wasn't THAT bad in the graphics department. I'd say DMC2 got some really good retextures and graphical tweaks on it. (certainly did nothing for gameplay that's for sure). And DMC3 got a bit more detail on the clothes, hair, floor, and such.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well it wasn't THAT bad in the graphics department. I'd say DMC2 got some really good retextures and graphical tweaks on it. (certainly did nothing for gameplay that's for sure). And DMC3 got a bit more detail on the clothes, hair, floor, and such.
It's not updated textures. It's just scaled up resolution. Problems is that basically you can get some result if you put game on Pc and set on higher setting. That's namely problem with almost all HD releases. Mostly it's just lazy updated games for higher price.

Dominus

I'm pretty sure whatever version of DMC is happening next has already been decided on. If they were going by sales of DmC: DE vs DMC4:SE then the next DMC wouldn't come out for like 3 years. I can't wait that long nor would Capcom want to because they really have nothing else going on besides SF5 and RE7? (also I already have to wait that long for Metroid games :/).

With regards to the facebook, why wouldn't they be pushing the latest DMC game? You know DmC: DE is coming out in like March but who really wants that to sell right? Certainly not Capcom...

Top Bottom