• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

interesting sight in devil may cry official fb page

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
anybody following this page and notice anything strikingly different with the admins?

the posted DmC related stuffs like combo and... stuffs.. and this is honestly the first time ever i've seen replying comments, and it was mainly towards the negative comments on DmC, almost like defending the game or giving positive replies..

i dont know bout you guys, but i feel -maybe, big maybe- capcom might just continue with the reboot.. now i know this will make most fans furious, but i am excited if they are going this way..

and when you think about it, it's be silly to reboot then just dish it out, a whole nother level of silly compared to making a monetary fail and negative fans reception on a reboot..

that is ofc if the admins or the page has everything to do directly with the people behind capcom

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I highly doubt it for multiple reasons.

- It's Facebook, Capcom can get any volunteers to be admins, just like the poor schmucks who volunteered on this sorry forum.

- Capcom announced a 2 million or nothing policy, take a long hard think about this, do you really think that Modern Day Capcom would announce a big policy like that among massive gaming news sites and then immediately cancel it for an under selling and universally hated reboot of a little niche franchise that doesn't sell as much as their big ones?

- DMC4 SE has shown up and DMC4 was the last DMC to sell more than 2 million, plus the Special Edition has all the hype and attention and that hype is only going to grow, DmC: DE's hype is long gone and no chance of gaining any back.

- Even with the Definitive Edition, it won't surpass 2 million, last I heard DmC sold around 1.6 million, the DD won't sell another 400,000 copies.

- Also DMC3 & 4s director wants to make Devil May Cry 5.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Are we ON the same forum here?
I'm talking about in general, in terms of DMC4 SE hype and DmC DE hype among the entire fanbase and not just this forum, DMC4 SE has the most hype, most are happy for the DmC: DE and all but DMC4 SE is the one with all the attention and excitement.

When the next thing about DMC4 SE shows up, things are going to be insane, anything to do with DmC at this point is just a blow over.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If the continue with reboot, i honestly don't care if franchise dies all along, since Reboot has nothing to offer to me in terms of combat that I can't find in another franchises, nor in terms of it's story. As for this 2 years stuff, some people cry about DMC4 for much, much, much longer.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
There's a difference between straight-up whinging "I want real Dante back!" and "This isn't Devil May Cry!" on DmC, and the criticism levied against DMC4, especially considering that discussion criticizing the older games has become more widespread, due in part to retaliation of criticism (sometimes unjust) against DmC, but still for the sake of overall discussion.

Possibly the biggest difference is the whinging does nothing to create an actual dialogue or discussion, which is exactly what is pretty much always on that facebook page, people denigrating the game that doesn't do anything but pull in white knights who don't know better. It's no different than if someone just flops into the facebook page and goes "DMC4 sucks ballcocks!" We all know no discussion is coming from something like that.

Valid criticism, of anything, will garner proper discussion, and that's timeless. However, there's a certain amount of discussion that devolves into the criticism levied against something because the dislike came first, and then the reasons to dislike it, rather than the reasons forming one's dislike of something. You can only discuss stuff like that for so long before it really does just come down to knocking heads because it devolves into some ideological garbage.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There's a difference between straight-up whinging "I want real Dante back!" and "This isn't Devil May Cry!" on DmC, and the criticism levied against DMC4, especially considering that discussion criticizing the older games has become more widespread, due in part to retaliation of criticism (sometimes unjust) against DmC, but still for the sake of overall discussion.

Possibly the biggest difference is the whinging does nothing to create an actual dialogue or discussion, which is exactly what is pretty much always on that facebook page, people denigrating the game that doesn't do anything but pull in white knights who don't know better. It's no different than if someone just flops into the facebook page and goes "DMC4 sucks ballcocks!" We all know no discussion is coming from something like that.

Valid criticism, of anything, will garner proper discussion, and that's timeless. However, there's a certain amount of discussion that devolves into the criticism levied against something because the dislike came first, and then the reasons to dislike it, rather than the reasons forming one's dislike of something. You can only discuss stuff like that for so long before it really does just come down to knocking heads because it devolves into some ideological garbage.
Yeah, there is also difference between "you're all haters" or "I don't want to hear when somebody points obvious flaws". As such there is no difference between DmC and DMC4 situation. Because if you close eyes and pretend that every criticism coming to DmC out of spite, won't change problems it was plagued with.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, there is also difference between "you're all haters" or "I don't want to hear when somebody points obvious flaws". As such there is no difference between DmC and DMC4 situation. Because if you close eyes and pretend that every criticism coming to DmC out of spite, won't change problems it was plagued with.

There's two different situations at play here, and you can't attribute them to both circumstances. Whinging and calling people haters in response both do not garner discussion, that is one specific aspect, and it should be laid to rest because "Holy crap, it's two years old now". Valid criticism that can breed equally valid discussion is another, and that's timeless.

Two different situations entirely, and just like not every criticism levied against either game is coming from a valid place, neither is every response, but that does not at all mean that all criticism or all responses are valid or invalid.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There's two different situations at play here, and you can't attribute them to both circumstances. Whinging and calling people haters in response both do not garner discussion, that is one specific aspect, and it should be laid to rest because "Holy crap, it's two years old now". Valid criticism that can breed equally valid discussion is another, and that's timeless.

Two different situations entirely, and just like not every criticism levied against either game is coming from a valid place, neither is every response, but that does not at all mean that all criticism or all responses are valid or invalid.
Situations are identical. It's just so happens that some people brush off any criticism toward DmC, favoring one over the other, and applying criticisms only to games they hold less interest in. DmC was just as flawed as DMC4 if not more, considering that it should have learned from past mistakes and not make new ones. Like i already mentioned all those "non-existent" criticism was made long before game's release, and now capcom desperately tries to correct it with DE. As such "it' was 2 years already" often used as excuse something they don't like to hear, while basically making same accusation toward much older game

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
No, you just really aren't seeing what I'm talking about, and knowing how this garbage goes, I'm not going to bother going past this. Different circumstances, one where "Get over it" is an applicable response because nothing else can be gained from the initial comment, and one where valid discussion is acquired from a valid initial comment. Even the responses can range from valid to irrelevant, just as the initial comments can, but they are not inexorably linked in such a way that only one comment can create one specific kind of response.

Things are not at all as black and white as you seem to be making things out to be.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No, you just really aren't seeing what I'm talking about, and knowing how this garbage goes, I'm not going to bother going past this. Different circumstances, one where "Get over it" is an applicable response because nothing else can be gained from the initial comment, and one where valid discussion is acquired from a valid initial comment. Even the responses can range from valid to irrelevant, just as the initial comments can, but they are not inexorably linked in such a way that only one comment can create one specific kind of response.

Things are not at all as black and white as you seem to be making things out to be.
If you can't prove that your criticism is based on solid facts, it's meaningles. As such many of criticism toward both games are not valid criticism, but attempt to bash something they don't like. And "get over it" is nothing but a poor excuse for people unable to prove their point in argument and trying to shut other side, unwilling to hear ANYTHING that undermines their position. The only way to make pointless point is basically say "it sucks". In this case it makes no point to even begin.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!

justshootme.gif

Judge

Based on what some people are saying here. I think DmC DE will need to manage at least, at least 1 mil sales for Capcom to justify continuing it. I'm sure they will need more than 0.4 mil for DmC to continue. DMC3 SE sold 1 mil copies, so DmC might be able to manage the same.

At the same time, I would tread caution on DMC4 SE's sales being over 1 mil. The DMC HD collection came out and sold less than 1 mil copies. Now DMC HD collection consisted with what some would conisder the most popular game in the series: DMC3. It also had two other games thrown in. If DMC HD collection coulnd't sell 1 mil copies, I doubt DMC4 will manage more. Although I could be mistaken.

It will also be down to critical reviews as well. If DmC can hit higher scores more players who've never played Devil May Cry will turn their heads towards DmC. The same rule goes for DMC4.

Top Bottom