• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interesting quote

seraphmaycry

i noticed in the lady and credo battles, lady says "get outta my sight!" alot and credo repeatedly says "out of my sight!" if memory serves me correctly.

assuming i'm remembering correctly, this is interesting because they are both humans who have ascended beyond the normal capabilities of one, lady became super ninja pro and credo became a demon.

i was thinking that this was done on purpose because having a human with a power level high enough to rival a demon calling a demon scum and viewing themselves as much better is rather unusual.

with lady, most other humans are completely helpless against her and yet she treats a demon as vile scum, telling Dante to get away from her even though humans are also powerless against him.

With credo, he most likely knows that Nero is somehow related to the dude he worships, Sparda.

Credo became a demon to, just like Nero, through a very similar process, by transforming himself with the power of nelo angelo(at least im pretty sure that's how it was done, seeing as how they had the bianco and alto angelos) Nero ascended to proper demon in a similar manner, with the sword owned by nelo angelo.

They are on equal terms, yet Nero is vile scum to Credo and is told to get out of his side.

i'm not sure what this means, or if it means anything at all, but it probably has to do with the souls thing mentioned near the end of dmc3.

What do you all think?

seraphmaycry

That sort of choice is often left to the actor, not the studio. The actor will often deliver s long list of optional lines and they'll pick the best or most suitable from the lot.

to me it seems unusual that two characters that became more powerful than normal to tell a demon to get out of my sight, maybe you are right, but i feel as if i'm missing something important about this line to do with demons and humanity.

seraphmaycry

It could be a quote referring to power.

lady thinks what she is doing is right, but Dante changes her mind and makes her realize it's not always ok to shoot anything slightly demonic.

credo thinks what he is doing is right and his religion says so, yet he realizes he was wrong and rebels.

in this sense it means that the quote refers to proper use of power.

Top Bottom