• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Install help needed...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little_Lupin

Heya guys! I'm in need of yer help: I install DMC3: Special edition, but when I start it, it says:

DMC3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...

Y'all know that one, but it doesn't give ANY specific prob, it just refuses to start. Seems that my PC has the minimal requirements:

Processor: AMD Semprom 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, 1.7GHz.
RAM: 1GB
DirectX 9.0c (Newest version, upgraded with the game)
My videocard is nVidia,and I don't think it's from it because it would at least say so...and I've played games that're a lot more needy on that. So I don't know how or even if I can fix this :/

Ideas anyone?

Little_Lupin

Thanks, but it didn't help - I installed a No-CD patch, in case that was the prob, and now it launches a black screen, but 2 secs later, this goes on again:

vbv.jpg

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Little Lupin - sorry, your post was placed in the moderation queue (hence why you couldn't see it) but has now been approved ^_^

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Do you have a genuine copy of Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for PC? If so, I'd recommend trying again with a fresh install and leaving out the no-cd patch in order to see if that is causing the problem (which was actually my first guess before reading your whole post).

Little_Lupin

saltya;119022 said:
i think you need a update patch, to version 1.2 or 1.3 they should work in xp sp2. :)
Umm... any idea where can I find that? :$ I mean, I didn't find it in the site Dante Aseroth linked me to? Or am I blind? :D

Angel;119026 said:
Little Lupin - sorry, your post was placed in the moderation queue (hence why you couldn't see it) but has now been approved ^_^
No problem ^^

devilmaycry;119069 said:
Do you have a genuine copy of Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition for PC? If so, I'd recommend trying again with a fresh install and leaving out the no-cd patch in order to see if that is causing the problem (which was actually my first guess before reading your whole post).
I have both original & downloaded ones, and I have patched only the torrent one. Still, they don't give in :p

Dark Drakan;119071 said:
Also made sure you GFX card has the latest display drivers?
Positive :)

chob101;119131 said:
i had that same problem here's a link u should check out in this order
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBEfdJ0Wd2k
this one^ kinda helps and kinda gives you an idea on what to do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieZy6RUFSUA
^this helps more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9aScuxSnA

^ this one HELPS A LOT!

but you should know this is if you downloaded DMC 3 SE onto your computer rather than buying it ok well i hope this helps
Thanks, yep I also DW it and am familiar with those. *Sigh* Seems that my nVidia is far bellow the needed. Oh, well :)

Thank you all for taking the time to help me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom