• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Increasing Devil Bringer brutality

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
(I made a topic like this not too long ago and was just going to dig that up but then I read the rules like a good boy) :p

After playing with Nero for a while now I have made it second nature to try and maximise the damage done with Buster moves by repeatedly tapping it to get that extra slam or swing out of a move. I also have made a habbit of repeadedly pressing the shoot button during DT buster moves to add a few swords to it.

I still don't know if tapping the Buster while fighing bosses helps increase the damage done by these moves (even though I do it anyway) but today I saw a video of someone fighting Echidna as Nero and noticed that they were actually throttling the exceed button while Nero had his sword in her and it seemed to be doing a hell of a lot more damage. I always noticed the little bar you get but it never occured to me to try and rev it while stabbing her.

Does anybody actually know the ins and outs of how to maximise those moves? and does tapping Buster while fighting bosses really make any difference?

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^It seems to have some impact.

Like when you do that buster move that causes Dante and Nero to clash swords, sometimes Dante wins but whenever I rapid tap the sword attack button I win.

I notice hitting different buttons do cause different things to happen, but I don't know them all.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Black Angel;181298 said:
^It seems to have some impact.

Like when you do that buster move that causes Dante and Nero to clash swords, sometimes Dante wins but whenever I rapid tap the sword attack button I win.

I notice hitting different buttons do cause different things to happen, but I don't know them all.

Wow I didn't know that, but it makes sense compared to the other little tricks.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I never really tried to do that, but next time I play I'll do it...
The only thing I used to do was tapping the exceed button to deal more damage while fighting Echidna on a buster animation.

Probably you're right and most ppl didnt realize it yet. Just like distorted attacks with dante, that looks like a bug, but its not.

Goldsickle

I always thought that when you Buster against Dante, the outcome is random or based on your current Stylish rating.

I never bothered mashing anything and I still get the two desired outcomes once in a while ("Is that all you've got?", followed by Nero stunning Dante for free hits or "Not so fast.." followed by Nero heavily damaging Dante).

Although mashing the button increases damage when fighting against certain enemies, it's not recommended to do it when there are other enemies around, since you are vulnerable to other attacks during the Buster.

Since Devil May Cry is free of Quick Time Events, they usually go with hints.
Notice that when you perform an upper-body Buster on Echidna, Nero gets one free Exceed bar.

Chances are, there will be some curious players who will go thinking "I wonder what will happen if I press the Exceed button during this move...?".
And that's how you find out that you can deal extra damage to Echidna during the Buster sequence.

But then, 'secret' method of dealing against enemies and bosses could have been fixed if they added detailed Enemy Files like in the first DMC...

Keaton

Premium
I LOOVVEE fighting Echidna, purely because she has so many fun Busters.
Sadly, she is also the only Character where using the Exceed button applies extra damage (stoopid Capcom!!). Its mega fun to Buster her when she's DT'd (and so am I), as she does her Death Charge at you, then, spamming Summoned Swords, Exceed and Buster (wether Buster does anything Extra With her I don't know), the attack ends shortly after I get a full Exceed Guage. Leaving me open to use Excalibur to remove the rest of her HP/raise my style through the roof! :D

If it helps, when you bash the Buster button on the following enemies you get more attacks:

-Biancos: You stab them more times before firing them
-Assaults/Frosts: You slam them around on the ground more

I can't recall any more enemies where you get additional attacks.
Except maybe Chimera Assaults (see Assaults).

When I Buster Dante (on the ground), I match Neros own Slashes with the Melee Button and an appropriate pull on the exceed trigger (although I'm trying to get InstaRev) and that never seems to fail for me to get the upper hand. (Also if Bustering Dante in the air and he jumps out of it, use Nero's Helm Breaker the second he breaks out and it will counter him every time -- Bustering again also works).

Top Bottom