• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

In Defense of DMC2

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
I agree but i highly doubt Capcom would take the time to do that nowadays. They probably don't care that much and since a majority of DMC fans hate 2 it probably won't be remade :(
maybe, but then again, there're should be people who are somewhat interested (indicating me) since if C(r)apcom ACTUALLY spend time re-make this it should be worth it just take a look
(sorry for my bad English /o/ )

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
maybe, but then again, there're should be people who are somewhat interested (indicating me) since if C(r)apcom ACTUALLY spend time re-make this it should be worth it just take a look
(sorry for my bad English /o/ )
Naw your english is fine :D and it would be awesome if they did remake it. I sometimes wish that capcom could go back to the way they used to be even though thats impossible

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
i wanna use majiin form more often but agianst enemys that deserve that kind of overpowered
Heck Yeah man! Going up against super powerful godlike demons that even when you're in majiin form it still gives you a challenge that would be fun!

8BitHero

Scrub
I never disliked DMC2, just feels like it lacked in to many areas most notably Difficulty,Level Design, and story.

But that being said, Dante's appearance in DMC2 is definitely my favorite out of all the Dante's.

He just looked so cool and badazz to me.
I've just this second completed DMC2 and this game's story is far more ..."developed" than in DMC1. It's a crappy mess that makes no sense, but at least it kept pushing cutscenes about the story in our face.
DMC1 is lacking in the story. This game has better combat too and I can see how they morphed the combat into the style system.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I've just this second completed DMC2 and this game's story is far more ..."developed" than in DMC1. It's a crappy mess that makes no sense, but at least it kept pushing cutscenes about the story in our face.
DMC1 is lacking in the story. This game has better combat too and I can see how they morphed the combat into the style system.
DMC2 was a quickie but there is true potential in there. It had its problems but I think its an okay game not great and not terrible. It made improvements to the series and without 2 we wouldn't have gotten all the cool stuff in 3 and 4
I mean just LOOK AT THIS

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Who hates DMC2?!

I loved that game. Yeah, it was simple, and yes it seemed rushed, but for a rushed game, it was pretty well made. It had some small things that reminded me of DMC1, and come on people, how could you not call this scene badass?

But I still prefer DmC over it no question. Sorry 2 Dante, you're not bad ass enough for me.:(

8BitHero

Scrub
No offence to anyone(not that I really care) but honestly, I realise that a lot of the DMC seem to bandwagon rather than forming their opinion. It would surprise me if people hate DMC2 because they heard it from other people. I honestly don't see the complaints with DMC2. DMC2 was where the series was really pushing the combat.
And this is me AFTER playing DMC1. Expecting it to be crap, but it really wasn't.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
No offence to anyone(not that I really care) but honestly, I realise that a lot of the DMC seem to bandwagon rather than forming their opinion. It would surprise me if people hate DMC2 because they heard it from other people. I honestly don't see the complaints with DMC2. DMC2 was where the series was really pushing the combat.
And this is me AFTER playing DMC1. Expecting it to be crap, but it really wasn't.
My only problems with it are really that its to easy and the environments are to big making going through each mission a bit of a chore

8BitHero

Scrub
My only problems with it are really that its to easy and the environments are to big making going through each mission a bit of a chore
Environments really didn't seem that big(to me). What part did you feel was big? They were big in terms of outer environment (the non-playable area) but it's linear in design and I never found myself getting lost. The only time I was lost was at during one of the later missions where you need to hit 4 switches in the beginning town, and even then it wasn't too hard to find where I was going. As for ease, both DMC1 and DMC2 haven't been a challenge at all and I did beat DMC1 on the hardest setting and just about to do DMC2.
It honestly just felt like DMC. Dante wasn't very interesting and I HATED that coin flip, but the improvement to the combat leveled out that negative.

Edit: I need to proof read my posts more....

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Environments really didn't seem that big(to me). What part did you feel was big? They were big in terms of outer environment (the non-playable area) but it's linear in design and I never found myself getting lost. The only time I was lost was at during one of the later missions where you need to hit 4 switches in the beginning town, and even then it wasn't too hard to find where I was going. As for ease, both DMC1 and DMC2 haven't been a challenge at all and I did beat DMC1 on the hardest setting and just about to do DMC2.
It honestly just felt like DMC. Dante wasn't very interesting and I HATED that coin flip, but the improvement to the combat leveled out that negative.

Edit: I need to proof read my posts more....
Like right after you see bolverak and I didn't mind the coin flip lol but i do wonder why he had Trish on it

8BitHero

Scrub
Like right after you see bolverak and I didn't mind the coin flip lol but i do wonder why he had Trish on it
The picture of Trish is based on DMC1s logo
images

As for the environment...eh. I didn't find it that big either. Maybe because I breezed through the game with DT. Completely breaks all the bosses.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The picture of Trish is based on DMC1s logo
images

As for the environment...eh. I didn't find it that big either. Maybe because I breezed through the game with DT. Completely breaks all the bosses.
Oh i knew that but why would he want a coin? lol but yeah DT it soo OP but its fun to use

8BitHero

Scrub
Oh i knew that but why would he want a coin? lol but yeah DT it soo OP but its fun to use
I dunno....to be cool when it comes off cliche. Seriously, I never liked the coin flip except for Two Face in DC comics (which reflects the coin having Two Faces). Dante....no idea.
Oh but no restrictionson that one part.

First Lucia is fine and then next scene has Lucia pinned to a wall needing helping. Heihachi Mishima (coz that's what he looks like) captured. When was this!?
She's fine here [next mission], she's not. The only thing between those two sections is a random orb smacking part and a boss.
It was at this point I realised that the DMC stories are insanely bad. Even the first was almost non-existent.

Top Bottom