• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm Disappointed at Gamescon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah I know Gamescon is long and pass and we have PAX to look forward to but....I just always wanted to b*tch about this.

I know DmC won a bunch of awards and some at Gamescon but I personally was rather disappointed.

I was expecting more. At Comic Con Alex Retard Jones at Gamescon that there will be something that will appeal or get a lot of old fans attention or something that will blow us away.

At Gamescon.....that didn't happen...I was expecting something that will blow our minds or shock us...like some big teaser but no nothing...and even so what was shown at Gamescon was barely anything.

At the beginning it was interesting starting it up with the Vergil debut trailer.

All we got was a new stage with the same bland platforming as usual. Angel pull here, smash this, angel glide there, don't fall off. What happened to the environment trying to kill you....but I do admit the laser beam part was pretty crazy and the demons appearing from the bridge pieces looked badass.
A new demon weapon that looks terrible, at least Osiris, Arbiter, Rebellion, & E&I look decent or good, Eryx looks like flaming poop, and it appears to be another low quality weapon (Nevan all over again) but this would've been better if they had showed off another angel weapon or the Shotgun but nope. Now I'm mostly worried about the amount of weapons in the game.

What actually interested me was:
The Bob Barbas boss fight (though it looked mad easy) it was very creative and innovative idea.
They made some minor improvements to the gameplay such as Angel Glide cancelling, every move now has a name outside Rebellion Combo A or Osiris Combo B.

Now the Poison boss fight looks like sh*t (visually)..okay maybe not sh*t but it looks low quality compared to E3.

They said they were going to answer a lot of questions...they caused more questions than they answered but.....I guess that is a good thing.

Overall I was expecting big stuff based on what Alex Troll Jones said or at least something big.....Vergil being in the game isn't all that big of any news especially if its for the old time fans.

What I got was bland platforming, minor improvements, easy yet creative boss fight, a new crappy weapon that looks like sh*t no it looks like a flaming turd and that is it, and Vergil.

Final Verdict...

1988874-son_i_am_disappoint_super.gif

Agility

"Known"
Look guy.

You need to stop talking **** about Alex Jones. Calling him stupid and dumb and yet he's bringing us DmC. A game YOU want to play. He's walking you through the game and helping you understand what's in store and what's going on. Yet you continue to disrespect. Stop being a hater.It's annoying son ANNOYING.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Look guy.

You need to stop talking **** about Alex Jones. Calling him stupid and dumb and yet he's bringing us DmC. A game YOU want to play. He's walking you through the game and helping you understand what's in store and what's going on. Yet you continue to disrespect. Stop being a hater.It's annoying son ANNOYING.
I love how you make fun of the original fanbase for being "butthurt" about original Dante being replaced, yet whenever someone has some kind of criticism about this DmC, EVEN THE PR, you get butthurt.
mlfw6174-discordpleaseamuseme.jpg

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i think people are being too greedy at this point.
i mean we finally......FINALLY got the story trailer that we've been asking for for about two years now! we got the reveal of vergil, we got new stages, we got a new weapon, and we got a new boss fight, i mean that's alot. i'm completely happy with gamescom and i can't wait for tokyo game show.

Agility

"Known"
I love how you make fun of the original fanbase for being "butthurt" about original Dante being replaced, yet whenever someone has some kind of criticism about this DmC, EVEN THE PR, you get butthurt.
mlfw6174-discordpleaseamuseme.jpg

You're wrong as always.

Also, keep your word and shut your mouth.

Can you do that? It's rhetorical.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Look guy.

He is not bringing us DmC...It was Capcom's decision to make it and NT is making it. Alex Jones could be replaced with anyone and it wouldn't change a thing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
i mean we finally......FINALLY got the story trailer that we've been asking for for about two years now! we got the reveal of vergil, we got new stages, we got a new weapon, and we got a new boss fight, i mean that's alot. i'm completely happy with gamescom and i can't wait for tokyo game show.

Greedy.....I'm paying $60 for this game...I better get my money's worth.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Greedy.....I'm paying $60 for this game...I better get my money's worth.
i'm not talking about that. i'm talking about info wise, if you don't like what you are seeing then don't buy the game. we are getting alot of new stuff, i actually think they are showing a good bit now.
at least they're not showing just the city stage which we've seen for about a year now.

Railazel

It's not really about being greedy. I think it's because people have been asking for it for so long that we've all had different levels of expectations for it.

Obviously, Stylish Nero had a very high expectation for it. I, too, had a higher expectation of the direction of the story.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It's not really about being greedy. I think it's because people have been asking for it for so long that we've all had different levels of expectations for it.

Obviously, Stylish Nero had a very high expectation for it. I, too, had a higher expectation of the direction of the story.
well maybe greedy was a bad word to use.
i guess some people put their expectations too high.

chocolatepanda

I think u just had you're hopes too high that's why u were disappointed. You gotta remember that they wanna tell u everything about the game and spoil everything. Everyone was already assuming Virgil was in the game so it wasnt a huge surprise, so the only real new thing was the weapon and the stage. Personally i just wanna see some new moves with the 1st three weapons everything else can wait till release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom