• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

IGN trailer analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
they just realy spoke about possible game mechanics and story, on a basic level there theory was, this will be a more acrobatic game(similar to DMC2 apparently) with wall running and air dashes they also spoke a bit about his weapon he uses in the trailer that seems to transform into a spear,axe,sword and grappling device that will hopefully interact with the scenery(throwing cars etc).

They speculated that the story may take place at two purgatory(heaven/hell) times that run simultaneously with each other(Dante fighting and Dante being tortured)although there story speculations didnt realy make much sense to me.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
IGN made a nice job with this video.
One thing that I didnt pay attention before this video was Dante's sword, It looks alot like Sparda IMO. I mean, when it is in the sword form (when he uses it to throw a car).
I love Dante's eyes... they are red, in a demonic way.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
SpawnShooter;276827 said:
they just realy spoke about possible game mechanics and story, on a basic level there theory was, this will be a more acrobatic game(similar to DMC2 apparently) with wall running and air dashes they also spoke a bit about his weapon he uses in the trailer that seems to transform into a spear,axe,sword and grappling device that will hopefully interact with the scenery(throwing cars etc).

They speculated that the story may take place at two purgatory(heaven/hell) times that run simultaneously with each other(Dante fighting and Dante being tortured)although there story speculations didnt realy make much sense to me.

thanks for the help.

sounds interesting i wonder how close they are to figuring it out.

moseslmpg

That wasn't a very good analysis. The only thing they pointed out was the area he was housed it, which seems irrelevant.

I did a frame-by-frame analysis myself, and there's nothing more than trivial recurring motifs. It isn't a very significant trailer.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
To me...they didn't really analyze it all that well. They only took the quote at the beginning and based it off of Heaven and Hell. They didn't really look at it more closely than that. They based the cell Dante was in as "purgatory" We're not really looking at religion in this game...it's a hack'em slash'em deal.

DMC is about Demons and keeping them out of the human world...there may be a possiblity of a Heaven realm but I don't think Dante is looking for redemption in "God's" eye though.

Asmodaius

Faustinasa;277129 said:
To me...they didn't really analyze it all that well. They only took the quote at the beginning and based it off of Heaven and Hell. They didn't really look at it more closely than that. They based the cell Dante was in as "purgatory" We're not really looking at religion in this game...it's a hack'em slash'em deal.

DMC is about Demons and keeping them out of the human world...there may be a possiblity of a Heaven realm but I don't think Dante is looking for redemption in "God's" eye though.

Perhaps that is what they are trying to change - that it will be more than 'just' a hack'n slash game, but that they will tend to character-development and expand on the storyline elements rather than just having Dante slay another bunch of demons.

Thousands if not millions of games are about "There's a villain who wants to take over the world, send in the hero to stop him", and the past DMC's have been about that. This reboot may even be about that as well, however, the trailer shows some elements that could possibly give more depth to the game's storyline. Perhaps they have called it Limbo City for some other reason than it just be some name from the Divine Comedy.

Ninja Theory is known to put alot of work into the depth of characters and the storyline of their games, and I don't think DmC is going to be an exception. Capcom is good at making games, but storyline wise they have had some hit and misses. The Resident Evil series have quite a good storyline where as Megaman is about the whole "hero stop villain" thing and not much else. Though many in this forum have expressed their dislike to Heavenly Sword, I personally think that it tells an incredible story and the characters have so much depth. That HS is too short a game and the gameplay seems to be a complete rip-off of God of War is another story...

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
^ I agree, they may change that aboue DMC. Although I haven't played HS so I don't really know about the storyline and character depth though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom