• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

IGN has the DMC3 Dante costume some..how

8BitHero

Scrub
From what I've seen, you buy it.
Unless if you have to go through the entire game, achieving everything possible in order to get the DMC3 costume.
Anyone correct me if I wrong, but, you can buy it if you want OR you can play through it.

Similar to Burnout Paradise/Need for Speed(Time Savers pack) or Street Fighter 3(Gill/Dipswitches) it lets you unlock unlockable costumes in the game early if you don't want to go through on those difficulties. If you don't want to go through the game then you have to pay for Time Savers pack/Gill/DmC Costumes OR you can play through the game properly with no additional fee.
Lazy gamers but people'll buy it.

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
Anyone correct me if I wrong, but, you can buy it if you want OR you can play through it.

Similar to Burnout Paradise/Need for Speed(Time Savers pack) or Street Fighter 3(Gill/Dipswitches) it lets you unlock unlockable costumes in the game early if you don't want to go through on those difficulties. If you don't want to go through the game then you have to pay for Time Savers pack/Gill/DmC Costumes OR you can play through the game properly with no additional fee.
Lazy gamers but people'll buy it.

They just need to tell me how to unlock it and I will sure as hell do it! I am not paying for something I can get myself just by playing the game.

WorkenOnMaLeft

well that looks sufficiently
awesome

EDIT: they also have Bloody Palace unlocked, go to their A Man with Guts and Honor vid and youl see at the start in the menu.

Gbraga

Maybe they're playing the PC Version and they plan to have it day one for that? The costumes you get for free in the PC version anyway.

DmC_Duke

I found this today as I was scouring the DmC coverage. It's not a walkthrough of the entire game, but a good place to start. I have a hard time watching walkthrough videos since it feels more...spiolier-ish? And if I'm going to watch a video of the game, I feel like I might as well PLAY the video game. haha

Anyhow, i'm still deciding on whether I want to pick up the guide. I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to collecting stuff. :)

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
Maybe they're playing the PC Version and they plan to have it day one for that? The costumes you get for free in the PC version anyway.

No if you watch the video the achievement thing pops up so he is on the xbox 360 version of the game which is even more crazy as the only ones I knew to get the costumes for pre-order we're PC and PSN.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I wouldn't be surprised if that "somehow" happened to be Capcom bribing them into giving them a critical praise in exchange of early content (and money). In fact, I have a strong feeling it's that. It's IGN, after all.

AlchemistFromEden

I wouldn't be surprised if that "somehow" happened to be Capcom bribing them into giving them a critical praise in exchange of early content (and money). In fact, I have a strong feeling it's that. It's IGN, after all.
yes because lemme know how much a journalist needs an extra costume for a video game, lemme tell you how that's a bribe -_- ahem
CAPCOM: EVERYTHING YOU SAY ABOUT OUR GAME HAS TO BE GOOD, PERIOD, NOTHING BAD, OTHERWISE, IGN IS FINISHED
IGN:hahahaha dude, what are you talking about, this game SUCKSSSSS
CAPCOM:we'll give you the dmc 3 classic dante costume.....
IGN:fndjkfnfj sbnfkfbjsfnklsjfbsjkfdkjbskfdnfjsabfkanbkjfnlkjbfkjangajlfbjfbajkfbakjfbsjfbanfjkabfjksb 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10
YEAH, that's definitely what happened

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
yes because lemme know how much a journalist needs an extra costume for a video game, lemme tell you how that's a bribe -_- ahem
CAPCOM: EVERYTHING YOU SAY ABOUT OUR GAME HAS TO BE GOOD, PERIOD, NOTHING BAD, OTHERWISE, IGN IS FINISHED
IGN:hahahaha dude, what are you talking about, this game SUCKSSSSS
CAPCOM:we'll give you the dmc 3 classic dante costume.....
IGN:fndjkfnfj sbnfkfbjsfnklsjfbsjkfdkjbskfdnfjsabfkanbkjfnlkjbfkjangajlfbjfbajkfbakjfbsjfbanfjkabfjksb 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10
YEAH, that's definitely what happened

Dude, you missed the part when I mentioned "content", which implies everything else Capcom could offer, not just that one costume, so they could showcase it and display it on their videos and screenies. And also, money.

I may not have definite proof, but IGN is infamously known for accepting bribes from major game companies in order to get exclusive content for them to display and advertise, whatever gives them clicks on their website, thus why I believe that's what happened. In fact, gaming journalism in general suffers from this problem. Video games, like every other multi-millionare industry, is very prone to corruption.

AlchemistFromEden

Dude, you missed the part when I mentioned "content", which implies everything else Capcom could offer, not just that one costume, so they could showcase it and display it on their videos and screenies. And also, money.

I may not have definite proof, but IGN is infamously known for accepting bribes from major game companies in order to get exclusive content for them to display and advertise, whatever gives them clicks on their website, thus why I believe that's what happened. In fact, gaming journalism in general suffers from this problem. Video games, like every other multi-millionare industry, is very prone to corruption.
ever heard of the loud minority? without ANY proof at all there's absolutely no credibility for your post, "oh ign was bribed in the past, (without proof of the majority being implicated or involved), and then to have the audacity to say, "small minority did it SO EVERYONE DOES IT NOW, I DON'T NEED PROOF AT ALL" is just completely retarded, most gaming journalists are insulted by this and that's why they call "fans" out on their BS when they're acting like nonsensical children

Top Bottom