• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If there is a DmC 2 does that = better gameplay than DMC4?

Frazz

General gamer
Okay so here's the deal at the end of DmC the two worlds merge so firstly that means that the next DmC game (if there is one after all that hate) will have 60 frames per second AT MINIMUM! If you think about it by the time another DM/mC game is made it will probably be next gen consoles so that could mean more than 60 frames. Also with CONSTRUCTIVE feedback they will presumably act on what the fans felt was lacking in the gameplay.

In short - for those who dislike DmC for its gameplay, you could possibly (note I said "possibly) have a more fluid combat system for future games. I know fps isn't everything for a fighting game but then again maybe Capcom will do all the gameplay whilst NT do everything else.

Just have hope! :)

Nessy

There are people that prefer DmC already, but there are some things that I am sure even the most avid lovers of DmC, and haters of DMC4 would agree with:

• Too low difficulty.
  • 60 FPS
And here are a few points that not all but most fans would probably prefer:
  • Bosses that are fought like separate events, rather than just very very difficult enemies (which you just fight like any other enemy with all your abilities).
  • Quantity of moves increased.
  • Lock-on reintroduced.
In my opinion, I would have preferred DmC over DMC4 if it had lock-on, higher difficulty, and bosses that play (not look or anything) more like the old bosses. Keeping in mind as a PC player I already have the 60fps (actually without vertical synchronization more like 200fps).

Looking solely at gameplay, not story or style or anything (which I think DmC does better, except Dante isn't as cool as he was in 4, and that Nero vs Dante opening scene was amazing), there are some parts of DmC that I believe are done better than 4, NOTE I SAID I BELIEVE, AS IN MY OPINION:

• No enemies that are quite as annoying as chimera assaults, or even chimera scarecrows
  • No enemies that aren't well suited to the character (IMO the enemies get knocked away constantly, which to me is better for Nero with his grab, as Dante had to constantly use the teleport to close the gap).
  • One character, I really hate learning two, when the game reaches that level where you have to swap and relearn it really ****es me off. I know this is definitely not a shared opinion.

Nessy

I agree with this.

Though if there were to be DmC2, I'd like to have the combat system be much more refined, 60FPS (if possible), and also add more areas were you can explore.

Those are just some quick ideas

60fps should be a priority, it's immediately noticeable to me when I see it on the consoles.

Nessy

If they make it 60fps, then they'll likely have to lose the environmental design and dynamics. Which is a part of this game's identity.

Why do you assume that? Because of the console's limitations? I am thinking the next DmC would hopefully be on the next generation.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well another reason NT didn't use 60FPS was because they didn't want to spend so much time learning another engine when they could use the one they have now. However, now that they're done with DmC, they can focus on learning the MT Framework or an even higher engine for DmC2.

chocolatepanda

No lock on is fine but only if they use everything(forward back, back forward and rotating the analog stick) they can to add moves like Bayos and MGRR and add more pause combos so that each weapon feels like u dont need any other weapon like in previous games. Make a second character playable(on disc) but with their own missions not like DMC4. And maybe expand on the stance system by having stances to equip at statues and such.

Dante47

You can say DmC is more fun, but it certainly is not more complex Devil May Cry 4. It has issues.

Not to say DmC2 couldn't fix these issues. I still very much enjoy the game in it's current state.

AlchemistFromEden

Well another reason NT didn't use 60FPS was because they didn't want to spend so much time learning another engine when they could use the one they have now. However, now that they're done with DmC, they can focus on learning the MT Framework or an even higher engine for DmC2.
unreal engine is better than MT framework dude, if they make a sequel they should stick to unreal because re6 is the max for the mt framework

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
unreal engine is better than MT framework dude, if they make a sequel they should stick to unreal because re6 is the max for the mt framework

Well yeah its better visually, but in terms of a DMC game, MT framework does a lot for DMC's combat. So maybe if NT work on using an engine that can make DMC3 level gameplay with DmC's graphics, it could work.

Frazz

General gamer
Well yeah its better visually, but in terms of a DMC game, MT framework does a lot for DMC's combat. So maybe if NT work on using an engine that can make DMC3 level gameplay with DmC's graphics, it could work.
Perhaps the Unreal Engine 4 for next gen consoles?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I already believe DmC has better gameplay than DMC4, because the game is tailored to one character rather than shoehorning a second character into the gameplay that is not suited for the opponents he's facing. The enemies in DMC4 felt too "light" for Dante, because they were meant to be fought by Nero.

Frazz

General gamer
I already believe DmC has better gameplay than DMC4, because the game is tailored to one character rather than shoehorning a second character into the gameplay that is not suited for the opponents he's facing. The enemies in DMC4 felt too "light" for Dante, because they were meant to be fought by Nero.
I agree. I also felt no challenge by any minion in DMC4 whereas the ghost rage and the dreamrunner do provide a challenge - at least the first couple of encounters you have with them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree. I also felt no challenge by any minion in DMC4 whereas the ghost rage and the dreamrunner do provide a challenge - at least the first couple of encounters you have with them.

I was plenty challenged by the Alto Angelos and other "elite" demons in DMC4. But most of them fell rather flat as enemies. I liked their design though.

Frazz

General gamer
I was plenty challenged by the Alto Angelos and other "elite" demons in DMC4. But most of them fell rather flat as enemies. I liked their design though.
The first time I fought Alto I initially thought he was difficult but by the end of the fight I made my tactics to beat him without much trouble. The designs in DMC4 weren't very demonic imo. To be clear I don't hate 4 but if they make a 5 and it is the same with no character development and has Nero only with 3 weapons then I will have problems with it and I will proclaim it as a downfall.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I find it hilarious how people actually believe that DmC has better gameplay than DMC 4....the problem I see is that its too complex for the casual DMC player

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
IMHO, the best way to judge a DmC2 would be comparing it with the first one and not with any of the past DMC games. It was fair to compare DmC with the original DMCs, but given its own merits and self-establishments, the best thing a sequel could be is just like the original, but improved. In other words, judge DmC2 by how much it will improve on DmC rather than how closer it'll get to be like the old DMCs.

Top Bottom