• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the twins swapped places...

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
lol dante doesn't give a crap to anyone and if he's like really mean he would probably want to kill mundus even more

dont argue that. but i still think that the key to spardas power was having empathy and emotions ie a heart. as such it unlocks a new plane of demonic power that is otherwise blocked off hence why sparda could beat mundus and how dante became so powerful so quickly to defeat Vergil in DMC3. but if dante was the bad guy he wouldnt have access to the same power as such he would loose to mundus the same way Vergil did except dante is far more erratic than Vergil so its more likely he would have to be constantly hurt by mundus to keep him in service to him.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
dont argue that. but i still think that the key to spardas power was having empathy and emotions ie a heart. as such it unlocks a new plane of demonic power that is otherwise blocked off hence why sparda could beat mundus and how dante became so powerful so quickly to defeat Vergil in DMC3. but if dante was the bad guy he wouldnt have access to the same power as such he would loose to mundus the same way Vergil did except dante is far more erratic than Vergil so its more likely he would have to be constantly hurt by mundus to keep him in service to him.

yeah but that's a puzzle Dante only realized that in the end of DMC3 and vergil was already broken at that point to continue his life

The truth is Dante wasn't as powerful as Vergil as you can see in NPC vergil has some devastating attacks which Dante cannot perform also he can summon swords which are way more powerful then any of dante's firearms

Vergil lost because he was confused on what to do&what not to

If Dante was a really mean guy he would've let lady fall into the pit and he would've probably killed vergil in the end since he's naturally more reckless and idiotic then vergil

and he would've killed trish when she entered his Shop >_> so DMC1's events would be altered a lot dante would be an anti-hero

Dante would've never came into the influence of Mundus because he has the sparda sword already and in DMC1 he's a lot stronger he would have an evil Sparda DT i guess

788Masri

yeah but that's a puzzle Dante only realized that in the end of DMC3 and vergil was already broken at that point to continue his life

The truth is Dante wasn't as powerful as Vergil as you can see in NPC vergil has some devastating attacks which Dante cannot perform also he can summon swords which are way more powerful then any of dante's firearms

Vergil lost because he was confused on what to do&what not to

If Dante was a really mean guy he would've let lady fall into the pit and he would've probably killed vergil in the end since he's naturally more reckless and idiotic then vergil

and he would've killed trish when she entered his Shop >_> so DMC1's events would be altered a lot dante would be an anti-hero

Dante would've never came into the influence of Mundus because he has the sparda sword already and in DMC1 he's a lot stronger he would have an evil Sparda DT i guess

well thats subjective i think vergil lost because dante was stronger. even if vergil was confused, his pride would never allow him to loose to dante. hence i use the heart theory. but still i think if they swapped places dante would have been nelo angelo and vergil would have opened the shop. albiet i think hed make a more successful.

Nelo The Great

I think That Dante's power would've manifested differently than just becoming Nelo Angelo. I believe that his power would develope it's own form rather than Sparda or nelo angelo. and Rebellion would change into an all powerful weapon.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
well thats subjective i think vergil lost because dante was stronger. even if vergil was confused, his pride would never allow him to loose to dante. hence i use the heart theory. but still i think if they swapped places dante would have been nelo angelo and vergil would have opened the shop. albiet i think hed make a more successful.

well in that case what you said is also subjective Pride doesn't help you in winning fights it only contributes to your ego

as i said NPC vergil can dish out attacks which has a greater range and damage then any of Dante's attacks and + his summoned swords dante can only match him equally with all his devilarms and Firearms

and in the ending his face was quite empty he just blindly followed 'power' with no strong reason that's why he lost

heart has nothing to do with battle it is the mind which decides the outcome of the battle heart only fuels you with emotions

Dante wouldn't have been Nelo-angelo for 3 simple reasons

1) He loves partying in human world so he would do anything to avoid falling down in hell
2) He dislikes demons he would do anything to avoid company of such mundus mind-control won't work
3) He probably would've given the amulet to vergil as he doesn't have a pride

remember the thread is about 'If twins swapped places' NOT 'If twins swapped places&Personalities'

788Masri

well in that case what you said is also subjective Pride doesn't help you in winning fights it only contributes to your ego

as i said NPC vergil can dish out attacks which has a greater range and damage then any of Dante's attacks and + his summoned swords dante can only match him equally with all his devilarms and Firearms

and in the ending his face was quite empty he just blindly followed 'power' with no strong reason that's why he lost

heart has nothing to do with battle it is the mind which decides the outcome of the battle heart only fuels you with emotions

Dante wouldn't have been Nelo-angelo for 3 simple reasons

1) He loves partying in human world so he would do anything to avoid falling down in hell
2) He dislikes demons he would do anything to avoid company of such mundus mind-control won't work
3) He probably would've given the amulet to vergil as he doesn't have a pride

remember the thread is about 'If twins swapped places' NOT 'If twins swapped places&Personalities'

i am well aware about the nature of this thread. and if you read my first post here youd know that i explained that if they did swap places their personalities would stay the same but their intesities would increase. im not gonna repeat myself so heres th gist. Dante is insane, his fun loving perky personality went into overdrive. hes a sadistic maniac who finds everythign hilarious think joker meets alucard. he would have lost to VEergil on teminigru and hence would have ended up infront of mundus and have his hand handed to him. end of story.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
When I think of Dante and Vergil in each others shoes, I think of Blazblue's Ragna and Jin. Dante would be crazy when he sees Vergil and be wierd with it. Vergil would just be annoyed all the time.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
.he would have lost to VEergil on teminigru and hence would have ended up infront of mundus and have his hand handed to him. end of story.

Well no just by becoming more reckless&evil won't make him lose to vergil as i said vergil is stronger but isn't mentally as determined as Dante so Dante Wins by Default

end of story pal :)

788Masri

Well no just by becoming more reckless&evil won't make him lose to vergil as i said vergil is stronger but isn't mentally as determined as Dante so Dante Wins by Default

end of story pal :)

well here we have it if they swapped places. and i imagine that fighting to save humanity wud keep Vergil pretty damn determined so he wins. the end.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
well here we have it if they swapped places. and i imagine that fighting to save humanity wud keep Vergil pretty damn determined so he wins. the end.

Dante wasn't exactly 'SHaving the humanity' he isn't a typical superhero he had his reasons to go to tem-ni-gru

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
It's hard to say who would have won but Dante wouldn't have stayed in hell no matter what happened. Vergil chose to stay in hell because he had no attachment to the human world. Dante good or evil thinks of himself as human and wouldn't want to stay in hell. The only thing that would have stopped Dante from leaving hell would have been if Vergil killed him. The situation that caused Vergil to become Nelo Angelo wouldn't have happened to Dante even if he lost.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I think Dante would be a loudmouth angry jerk who would want power to rule the world and Vergil would be the strong and silent hero that wants to help people because he could not help his mother when she died

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well LordsofDarkness pointed out that neither Dante nor vergil or truly good and evil so even if they switched places that would still be true.

Dante would necessarily be the guy who would open a portal to hell for kicks because what would be the point than? how does that help him? I would say he is more likely to be a neutral third party just looking out for himself.

Good and evil dont matter just so long as he can avoid the **** hitting the fan.Dante has his own standards, he might not work with certain people or do certain things but they are for him to decide. Hell i see him working with the good guys once in a while when it works in his favor.

He wouldnt be the joker, he would be spike from buffy or grimmjow from bleach.

Top Bottom